News: 2022 Qualifying Offers

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Ron Francis must be planning on signing half the UFA’s in the league since they need some players and their AHL will also be in need of players.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Bizarre. Donato was one of the few Kraken to outperform what they were expecting.

Pretty sure him and Fluery might have been arbitration eligible. Donato was a pleasant surprise but if he gets awarded 2-2.5M I don't think he's worth that. Nice complimentary player but not a top 6 scorer and doesn't play a bottom 6 type role. Fluery was just average and if he gets a high award them it's too much for a 6/7th D.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Svechnikov never really recovered from his knee injury in his early 20s. Never got back that explosion and first step he had. He was right on the doorstep of becoming an everyday NHLer too. It was the last preseason game against the Leafs if I remember correctly.

He still has enough speed and grit, and reads the ice well enough to become a pretty good bottom six player. He’ll get a PTO at least and should make a roster, as long as he continues redefining himself as a bottom six player.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Little surprised Pittsburgh didn’t qualify Heinen but that’s the cap world we live in. . The Knights would be wise to make a call. They need their bottom six shuffled up and he’d be a nice add to it. They missed guys like Nosek, etc. adding some quality down there will do wonders.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Pretty sure him and Fluery might have been arbitration eligible. Donato was a pleasant surprise but if he gets awarded 2-2.5M I don't think he's worth that. Nice complimentary player but not a top 6 scorer and doesn't play a bottom 6 type role. Fluery was just average and if he gets a high award them it's too much for a 6/7th D.
Teams seem to want no part of arbitration eligible players this summer. Just another victim of the cap not moving.

All of those players will end up with an NHL contract. Including Cholowski who’s a very serviceable AHL dman. With the cap the way it is, guys like Donato could end up being pretty valuable assets for contenders. Two guys who weren’t qualified, Donato and Heinen, added to the Knights as an example, could really change their bottom six for the good.

Cholowski ends up in Edmonton on a two way deal is my guess. Holland loves “His Guys” and watching him and Broberg play in Bakersfield could be entertaining, trying to tell them apart.

On second thought, maybe it’s a bad idea for Broberg to be around him. 😎

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
First post is updated.

Tried to use official releases for all the teams, but a few teams never released one so I went with CapFriendly's list for the rest.

Also removed Valtteri Puustinen from the list because it seems like he was never a RFA, not sure how I messed that up.

Reactions: Maurice of Orange

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Bizarre. Donato was one of the few Kraken to outperform what they were expecting.

Actually not surprising at all.

The Kraken want to sign a top six winger, while already having Schwartz, Eberle and McCann.

That means there's no spot in the top six left and as much as I liked Donato's season, his skillset just doesn't translate into a bottom six role.
The team also isn't running the risk of an arbitrator ruling for a cap hit on Donato that they don't want and you can still always circle back if both sides still would like something to get done.

Fleury, on the other hand, had an awful season and isn't worth the cap hit he had last season, let alone a raise which would've been required by giving him that QO.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad