Patriots/NFL 2022 Preseason - Final Cuts August 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I started watching Pats games right about Drew’s rookie season. As a little kid, I pretty much thought of as everyone playing sports/not a kid as an adult my parents age.

With my parents being in their mid 60s now, Drew Bledsoe being 50 actually doesn’t seem that old to me. Feels like I watched a career’s worth of football with him but he actually left the Pats at 30 (or 31?). To think Tom Brady lasted over a decade longer in New England alone, is insane.

Reactions: Alicat

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I started watching Pats games right about Drew’s rookie season. As a little kid, I pretty much thought of as everyone playing sports/not a kid as an adult my parents age.

With my parents being in their mid 60s now, Drew Bledsoe being 50 actually doesn’t seem that old to me. Feels like I watched a career’s worth of football with him but he actually left the Pats at 30 (or 31?). To think Tom Brady lasted over a decade longer in New England alone, is insane.
Same. Started watching in '93.

Age has given me some prospective for sure.

I remember when Bledsoe retired rather than taking a back-up gig with the Seahawks, my boss saying "He could still play. He's young.".

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Seahawks RB Chris Carson to retire due to neck injury; it will be filed as coverage for insurance settlement and be classified as a failed Physical

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What will Stevenson do this year. 500-600 Rushing possible? 30 Receptions?
With James White back and healthy, the RBs should be pretty dynamic. Harris is versatile, Stevenson the bruiser, and White in the passing game. I'm not convinced Sweet Feet won't have lost a step or two after his injury though. Could see Stevenson being an old school goal line or 3rd & 1 back that they haven't had in a long time.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
With James White back and healthy, the RBs should be pretty dynamic. Harris is versatile, Stevenson the bruiser, and White in the passing game. I'm not convinced Sweet Feet won't have lost a step or two after his injury though. Could see Stevenson being an old school goal line or 3rd & 1 back that they haven't had in a long time.
This is in line with what I was thinking only you can articulate it lol. Stevenson gives me Kevin Faulk vibes minus the leadership (kid is only a 2nd year).

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Reports are White is having issues just walking without a limp. His career could be in jeopardy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Reports are White is having issues just walking without a limp. His career could be in jeopardy
He basically shredded his hip ligaments 10 months ago and he's a RB whose whole game is lateral movement, so yeah, I'm skeptical about his ability to recover. Wouldn't be shocked if he tries it out in training camp then retires.

JJ Taylor could get a bigger role then if he works on pass catching a little. There's also Ty Montgomery on the roster but I think he's just going to be a kick returner.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
James White still wasn’t really moving (let alone training) as of a couple months ago, I look at him as a RB coach more than anything at this point

His injury was BAD. Really, really bad. There’s a reason they drafted 2 backs

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
For you Pat's fans, are you still a supporter of Brady?

It's probably an old topic for most of you here, but recently a family member who is a diehard Pats fan discussed seeing some games this coming season. As the conversation progressed he admitted that he can't stand the guy in any capacity anymore (lol).

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

It's probably an old topic for most of you here, but recently a family member who is a diehard Pats fan discussed seeing some games this coming season. As the conversation progressed he admitted that he can't stand the guy in any capacity anymore (lol).

Personally I don't care about him now that he's an ex-Patriot but I am sick to death hearing about him.

:cry:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

His actions the last 2 seasons with the Pats spoiled my view of him and by the time he left, I was ready to see him go. He'd become the antithesis of my image of him. He went from the ultimate team player who would do anything to succeed, to a diva who expected to be treated special. Though he's still the greatest football player I've ever seen.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Personally I don't care about him now that he's an ex-Patriot but I am sick to death hearing about him.

:cry:
I live in Indianapolis (and yes, Colts fan - the first football game I ever attended was their first game in Indy as a nine-year-old). This is *exactly* how things were here after Manning went to Denver. I couldn't care less - he was just another QB on an AFC team that would be a potential playoff obstacle, but we heard about him ad nauseum (and Denver games were televised locally as if they were a local team ... I assume it's the same for the Bucs in Boston).

Reactions: BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Yes and no. I'll always root for the Pats but I somewhat root for Brady although in the same rights I feel like he has this hatred for NE now so that turns me off a bit.

I'll edit this a little bit. I was born in 90' so when Brady came out of nowhere I was like 10 years old and it was my first year actually following football, so just the memories growing up will always be sentimental to me.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

.....who?......

• Love
Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

f*** Tom Kadashian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad