Speculation: 2022 Off-Season | Dethroned: What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
oof, that makes a tough situation a little tougher
Yes, they are currently 933k over, but once Seabrook's ltir pools are used, it becomes 6.875-933k. If they trade Myers or buy him out, it goes to either 8.4ish or 9ish. It looks like they are planning to keep him I guess, and if so Rutta is certainly gone.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yes, they are currently 933k over, but once Seabrook's ltir pools are used, it becomes 6.875-933k. If they trade Myers or buy him out, it goes to either 8.4ish or 9ish. It looks like they are planning to keep him I guess, and if so Rutta is certainly gone.

JBB is sending mixed signals on Rutta and Myers, may just be clever bargaining chip

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
If JBB has a plan to buyout Myers (likely wont) he has till tomorrow at 5pm to make that happen.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013

oh wow i should have looked at that Myers contract more closely, didn't realize he was making that much. Seems like a no-brainer to buy him out unless they REALLY like him.

Get rid of him and they'd have plenty to get someone like CDH and a decent winger, with maybe some room left over to get Stralman or another veteran rotational RHD on a cheap 1 year.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
oh wow i should have looked at that Myers contract more closely, didn't realize he was making that much. Seems like a no-brainer to buy him out unless they REALLY like him.

Get rid of him and they'd have plenty to get someone like CDH and a decent winger, with maybe some room left over to get Stralman or another veteran rotational RHD on a cheap 1 year.
Only reason they wouldn't is because doing so adds a 633k cap hit next season, where they will likely need every last dollar. If JBB can figure the extra small hit then it does add 617k, plus the value of Myers' contract, 2.55, for an additional 3.167 million this year.

Reactions: TheSchmidt

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, it looks like we aren't doing shit. Like not even trading someone else. Losing Palat is gonna REALLY hurt; if we end up losing him that is

There's no way we just let $6M go to waste with the amount of options there are in free agency. JBB will have something up his sleeve.

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
Yes, they have to get near the cap limit to use LTIR on Seabrook. I still think we need LD. And I still would like Rutta back. He's been a nice guy to have for $1.3M the last few years. He might think he will get better offers after a good playoffs. I would feel better with Rutta-Myers and trading Foote. Even though Foote has improved, he still makes me nervous in pressure situations. Rutta may not want to sign here now because of the log jam at RD. Idk Should be interesting

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
This is the 3rd off season in a row where I have absolutely no clue when free agency opens because it's not July 1st.
Tomorrow at 12 noon they can sign

There's no way we just let $6M go to waste with the amount of options there are in free agency. JBB will have something up his sleeve.
Many options I would not sign palat now unless he gave us a very good deal

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Trade Foote, Howard and some picks and maybe some prospects and Myers to third part for Kane with total 75% retention. Resign Ruuta and hope for the best.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I like Crouse, Robinson and Gavrikov as potential trade targets since we need to devote a good amount of space to the RFA situation next year anyway. Always thought of De Haan as very meh. Doesn't really interest me at all.

I am assuming Rutta is gone seeing as we have plenty of RHD under contract. Only a slight glimmer of hope that Palat re-signs. I think if Killorn was being traded it would've happened already, but you never know.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I want Rutta back but if they're keeping Myers that's probably a sign, we already have Bogo, Cernak, Foote and Myers, no way they're going to add ~2M in cap for a 5th RHD. Plan might be to get younger on the backend? That would make Sergachev, Cernak, Myers and Foote all under 25, letting go of McDonagh (33), Rutta (31) and Bogo next season who'll be 32.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Copp isn't signing in NYR according to Arthur Staples. I bet he gets something like 7M+ AAV somewhere now, his contract is going to set a tone. Someone is grossly going to over pay there.

Well did we trade coaches?? Lol or is cooper really want his Bro on his team

This was so obvious that this was going to happened.

Reactions: gn2007

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Since JBB isn't buying out Myers and we can't realistically sign anyone, since it would have to be a 1 or 2 year deal this is the team we get next year. Idk who they call up for LD, but JBB wants the cap space for next season to re-sign players and thats it. I think he probably tried for a big splash at the TDL for a playoff run and thats about it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well, my option for LD was bonking the Canes reporter so back to square one for that need.

I see a lot of soon to be overpaid guys and a lot of underwhelming choices.

I highly doubt JBB doesn't try to bring someone in. Certainly he can't look at our winger depth and be like yeah that looks good!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad