GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Despite only playing 16 games McDavid still ends up leading the playoffs in scoring. Not a single Smythe vote though.
I honestly think he has been robbed of the Conn Smythe. He also was only voted into second All-Star team, iirc. Guess he'll understand he will always be overlooked while playing in Edmonton and won't win anything there, ever.
Wouldn't be overly surprised to see him ask for a trade this summer or next, and I'd definitely offer Zegras+ for McDavid in a trade.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Despite only playing 16 games McDavid still ends up leading the playoffs in scoring. Not a single Smythe vote though.
I honestly think most of the writers would be too afraid to vote for Giguere if he did that now. I'm sure there's been token votes the past few years but I'm really curious what it would take for a non-champion to win it now.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I honestly think he has been robbed of the Conn Smythe. He also was only voted into second All-Star team, iirc. Guess he'll understand he will always be overlooked while playing in Edmonton and won't win anything there, ever.
Wouldn't be overly surprised to see him ask for a trade this summer or next, and I'd definitely offer Zegras+ for McDavid in a trade.

A poster stated in another thread that it's pretty much voter fatigue pertaining to McDavid. In this new day and age, he'll never get the hardware that he truly deserves (not saying he deserved the Conn Smythe) because it becomes tiresome to vote for him unless he does something truly amazing.

edit: I see TMDM posted something similar about voting in this new day and age so to speak.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
The problem wasnt necessarily the call, it was how late it was made.

Perhaps - I think the slow velocity of the puck combined with the apathy from Hedman made it a really tough call in general. In general, imagine if he got the call wrong and then the Lightning scored? A tale of two stories I suppose. We wouldn't hear the end of it from the media.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Perhaps - I think the slow velocity of the puck combined with the apathy from Hedman made it a really tough call in general. In general, imagine if he got the call wrong and then the Lightning scored? A tale of two stories I suppose. We wouldn't hear the end of it from the media.
No; IF the call was late I believe it was because the linesman was giving Hedman a chance to jump up and get it, which he didn't. Right call.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
No; IF the call was late I believe it was because the linesman was giving Hedman a chance to jump up and get it, which he didn't. Right call.
You have to make an icing call before the player touches the puck, come on.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
You have to make an icing call before the player touches the puck, come on.
Come on what? If, in the linesman's judgment, the player can get to the puck before it crosses the goal line to become icing,. he can wave it off, It's that simple.

Reactions: Deuce22

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Not to take away from McDavid but Makar is a Dman, McDavid is a Forward.
What Makar is doing as a Defenseman hasn't been done in soooooo long.
Last guy to win both the Norris and Conn Smythe the same year was Lidstrom in 2002 at age 32.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not to take away from McDavid but Makar is a Dman, McDavid is a Forward.
What Makar is doing as a Defenseman hasn't been done in soooooo long.
Last guy to win both the Norris and Conn Smythe the same year was Lidstrom in 2002 at age 32.

Makar is an elite talent and is the best dman in the game but McDavids run was more impressive. He just wasn’t lucky enough to have a similar caliber supporting cast as Makar, the Avs are absolutely stacked top to bottom.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t know how some Tampa fans can stay in the building and watch the other team hoist the cup and whatnot. I’d be halfway to a local bar by the time the cup is even given out if my team lost in the SCF. Lol.

Truth be told it didn’t sting that much when the Rangers lost. They exceeded my expectations and were playing with house money, imo.

With that said, time to close this chapter, and lets move onto the off-season where I hope Verbeek makes some moves that will at least ice a decent team that will at least be entertaining to watch, even if they don’t make the playoffs.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don’t know how some Tampa fans can stay in the building and watch the other team hoist the cup and whatnot. I’d be halfway to a local bar by the time the cup is even given out if my team lost in the SCF. Lol.

Truth be told it didn’t sting that much when the Rangers lost. They exceeded my expectations and were playing with house money, imo.

With that said, time to close this chapter, and lets move onto the off-season where I hope Verbeek makes some moves that will at least ice a decent team that will at least be entertaining to watch, even if they don’t make the playoffs.

As much money as the tickets cost, I'd stay. Also, how often are you going to get to see the Cup handed out in your life?

Edit: That said, I totally understand where you're coming from. The pain would be tough to bear if it was your team that lost. I still think I'd stay though.

Last edited:

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
McDavid only being second All-Star team isn't that big of a snub. He's a center. The center on the first All-Star team was the one who won the Rocket and the Hart.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If am i Colorado i'd try to keep Kadri if Johnson retires because he's a playoff performer and he produces in regular season as well.
The ideal 2C for more cup runs.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Bednar was an Anaheim Bullfrog player back in the day:

1656412356659.png

Reactions: Terry Yake and bsu

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If am i Colorado i'd try to keep Kadri if Johnson retires because he's a playoff performer and he produces in regular season as well.
The ideal 2C for more cup runs.

There is zero chance they can afford him even if Johnson retires and Sakic is too smart to match whatever deal he gets as a FA. He's about to turn 32, is coming off a career year and a cup, he's going to be massively overpaid. He's the definition of a buyer beware contract.

Reactions: Arthuros

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad