2022 NHL Mock Draft June Version

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
1. :habs picks C, Shane Wright - Kingston (OHL)

2. :devils picks C, Logan Cooley - US NTDP (USHL)

3.:coyotes picks LW, Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS (FIN)

4.:seattle picks D, David Jiricek - HC Plzen (CZE)

5. :flyers picks D, Simon Nemec - HK Nitra (SVK)

6. :cbj picks RW, Joakim Kemell - JYP (FIN)

7. :sens picks C/LW, Cutter Gauthier - US NTDP (USHL)

8.:wingspicks C/RW, Frank Nazar - US NTDP (USHL)

9.:sabres picks C/RW, Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Djurgårdens IF J20 (SWE)

10. :ducks2picks D, Kevin Korchinski - Seattle (WHL)

11. :sharks picks C/RW, Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL)

12.:cbj picks D, Pavel Mintyukov - Saginaw (OHL)

13.:islespicks D, Denton Mateychuk - Moose Jaw (WHL)

14.:jets picks C, Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL)

15. :nucks picks RW, Danila Yurov - Magnitorgorsk (KHL)

16. :sabres picks LW, Liam Ohgren - Djurgardens IF J20 (SWE)

17. :nashville picks C/LW, Rutger McGroarty - US NTDP (USHL)

18. :stars picks C, Marco Kasper - Rögle BK J20 (SWE)

19. :kings picks RW, Jimmy Snuggerud - US NTDP (USHL)

20. :caps picks LW, Ivan Miroshnichenko - Omskie (MHL)

21. :pens picks C, Brad Lambert - Pelican (Liiga)

22. :ducks2 picks LW, Isaac Howard - US NTDP (USHL)

23. :blues picks C/RW, Filip Mesar - HK Poprad (SVK)

24. :wild picks C, Jiri Kulich - HC Energie Karlovy Vary (CZE)

25. :leafs picks D, Ryan Chesley - US NTDP (USHL)

26. :habs picks C/LW, Luca Del Bel Belluz - Mississauga (OHL)

27.:coyotes picks D, Tristan Luneau - Gatineau (QMJHL)

28.:sabres picks D, Liam Bichsel - Leksands IF J20 (SWI)

29. :edmonton picks C, Owen Beck - Mississauga (OHL)

30. :rangers picks C, Gleb Trikozov - Omskie (VHL)

31.:bolts picks RW, Jagger Firkus - Moose Jaw (WHL)

32. :coyotes picks C, Noah Ostlund - Djurgården (SHL)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Columbus has two high picks and needs centers and right Ds. Columbus has a ton of middle 6 wings, and the two best defensemen are left D with plenty of left D in the pipeline. The best players in Columbus are Werenski (left D) and wings (Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek). I don’t think Columbus fans anticipate drafting a wing and a left D. I could see Gauthier and one of the left Ds, or maybe Kemell with a potential center like Geekie or Kasper, but I do not think the CBJ will take Kemell and Mintyukov. Also, people often link Jarmo to Finns in the first round, but that never happens.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Columbus has two high picks and needs centers and right Ds. Columbus has a ton of middle 6 wings, and the two best defensemen are left D with plenty of left D in the pipeline. The best players in Columbus are Werenski (left D) and wings (Laine, Bjorkstrand, Voracek). I don’t think Columbus fans anticipate drafting a wing and a left D. I could see Gauthier and one of the left Ds, or maybe Kemell with a potential center like Geekie or Kasper, but I do not think the CBJ will take Kemell and Mintyukov. Also, people often link Jarmo to Finns in the first round, but that never happens.

I agree with you! I think Columbus was the hardest to predict. I just think Kemell is the best prospect in that spot. Columbus did Draft Cole Sillenger and Kent Johnson who can both play Center. You can never have to many good defenseman. I also think Columbus may still be able to a quality Center in the second round depending on who drops

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I agree with you! I think Columbus was the hardest to predict. I just think Kemell is the best prospect in that spot. Columbus did Draft Cole Sillenger and Kent Johnson who can both play Center. You can never have to many good defenseman. I also think Columbus may still be able to a quality Center in the second round depending on who drops

Columbus is hard to predict and does unexpected things like take PLD at #3 or draft Chinakhov in the first.

I think Sillinger and Johnson combined make a really good C (Sillinger can play D, be a net front presence, and win face offs while Johnson can move with the puck, handle zone entries, and be a distributor) so they may eventually play on the same line. I could see Columbus take a similar path this year and get a good puck handler like Savoie and a bigger more defensive oriented guy like Kasper. Then we can add the guys with great shots (Laine, Bjorkstrand, Chinakhov) go to those lines and have a couple of really complete lines.

spfan

May 4, 2009
I wouldn't say they need RHD. Boqvist is already top 4 and only 21 years old. And they just drafted Ceulemans.
I think getting Mintyukov, Mateychuk or Korchinski with the 12th overall pick would make a lot of sense. And BPA at 6th.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I wouldn't say they need RHD. Boqvist is already top 4 and only 21 years old. And they just drafted Ceulemans.
I think getting Mintyukov, Mateychuk or Korchinski with the 12th overall pick would make a lot of sense. And BPA at 6th.

You need a #1 right D to contend. Boqvist is a scorer, but he has shown nothing on the defensive end. Ceulemans is promising, but there is no guarantee he will be a top pair guy. Columbus would love to land Jiricek and have him grow into becoming Werenski’s partner. And then be able to chose between Ceulemans and Boqvist for the 2nd pair, and have Peeke or Blankenburg as the 3rd pair guy.

In a few years the defense could be something like

Werenski - Jiricek
Mintyukov - Ceulemans/Boqvist
Svozil - Peeke
Guillaume - Blankenburg

and one of Ceulemans and Boqvist could be flipped for a decent return.

This draft is full of good defensive prospects. I think in a few years teams are going to wonder why they took a struggling wing over a guy that is a really solid looking defenseman.

spfan

May 4, 2009
You need a #1 right D to contend. Boqvist is a scorer, but he has shown nothing on the defensive end. Ceulemans is promising, but there is no guarantee he will be a top pair guy. Columbus would love to land Jiricek and have him grow into becoming Werenski’s partner. And then be able to chose between Ceulemans and Boqvist for the 2nd pair, and have Peeke or Blankenburg as the 3rd pair guy.

In a few years the defense could be something like

Werenski - Jiricek
Mintyukov - Ceulemans/Boqvist
Svozil - Peeke
Guillaume - Blankenburg

and one of Ceulemans and Boqvist could be flipped for a decent return.

This draft is full of good defensive prospects. I think in a few years teams are going to wonder why they took a struggling wing over a guy that is a really solid looking defenseman.
I think they should take Mintukov at 12th, but I'd pick Savoie at 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad