2022 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Need a goalie somewhere after the first couple of rounds. Need to draft one almost every year to keep the system full. Hopefully both Levin and Portillo are in Buffalo if UPL hasn't locked down #1 by 2024-25.

need a few shots in the dark on power forwards with those picks. Draft a goalie late and hope he somehow challenged the 3 headed monster we already have in place.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Who are the best/safest pure defensive/shut down centres in this draft? Sami Pahlsson types? Because that's the one thing i think this forward group does lack. Obviously not something to target in the top 10 - but maybe with a R2 or R3?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Who are the best/safest pure defensive/shut down centres in this draft? Sami Pahlsson types? Because that's the one thing i think this forward group does lack. Obviously not something to target in the top 10 - but maybe with a R2 or R3?
Maybe one of them:

Marco Kasper
Nathan Gaucher
Rieger Lorenz
Paul Ludwinski
Filip Bystedt
Topi Ronni
Matyas Sapovaliv

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
FC Mock Draft

#5 - Logan Cooley (C)
#29 - Liam Ohgren (LW)
#30 - Ty Nelson (RD)
#37 - Matthew Poitras (C)
#69 - Sam Rinzel (RD)

Reactions: elchud

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Those can and are built from high scoring players all the time. As a focus, that is the issue Luce had for years that never pans out.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I'd be weary of drafting someone for the hope of getting a checking line center. That's how you end up overdrafting Justin Kea.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's a pretty stupid tweet as Nemec has been top 5-10 for most of the year. Seeing players like Luneau, Salomansson, Lamoroux going top 20 would be more indictive of RHD price gouging

And you know there are teams out there looking at Lamoroux who are just enamored that he can tie his skates and is a right shot. I can see him going 20-ish, even if having watched him I would not take him there.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
UFA return rates on the run up to the trade deadline have very little connection to roster trade values in the summer or draft tendencies. But okay. :laugh:
Plus how do we gauge the UFA return rate when the leaf's main focus was to get out of Nick Ritchie's contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad