2022 NHL Entry Draft part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not a discussion of our number 1 pick:

I think there is a decent chance that Anaheim picks one of Chesley, Bichsel at 10.

Lots of mock drafts have them taking Korchinski, but they have a lot of talent everywhere and with Zellwegger and Drysdale on D I imagine they could value defensive standouts like Chesley and Bichsel trying to hit on the next Lindholm/Slavin.

Leave it to the Ducks to reach and get an absolute stud. They did it with Lindholm and theyll do it again. If I was them Id go forward tbh, but they can't go wrong with that track record.

You are the best! I love the RLR type comments! Well done... obviously I disagree very much with a few things but that makes it even better! Thank you for sharing!!

Thanks brother!

I'm fine with that when the timing is right.. but we've got so many support types, we need to go for upside right now.

There's just no way I'm taking Gaucher if there's guys like Ostlund, Mateychuk, Firkus on the board and they could be top 4/top 6 pieces.

The timing thing is true, but you also have to consider the big body kids take longer to develop, generally. Its also great to have role players on ELC. Im also pretty confident Nate is a 3.5-5m worth player in his 3rd ELC year.

Gaucher shouldn't go in the same range as any of those guys, no matter what part of a franchise building you are in.

Yeah I'd agree with that. We're not getting our 1st line center with him. But he could be interesting enough to draft on his other merits.

The value of the prospect is another issue. You have to pay top dollar for Östlund and Mateychuk, but Firkus I think will slide to the early 2nd. Mark was saying some NHL scouts he's talked to have him as an ND, not a lot of buzz around him.
Lmao imagine a player like Firkus falling down to the 2nd... Bunch'a idiots. The habs probably pass on him too and he gets snatched between 26 and 33.

I don't understand how you can watch this kid and be scared of picking him.

and yeah im talking full boom/bust Nikita Scherbak type pick. Yeah I said it. Gotta bite the bullet sometimes
Scherbak was and will always be a good pick.

Reactions: badfish

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think Chesley is going to be the steal of the draft. he's probably the best at defense out of all defenseman and has a bomb of a shot. He didn't get to show off his offensive side much cause of his partner this year so I think people are underating his offensive upside.

Reactions: ginomini

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
W

Where did he say this? Wasn't on 690
3:00 into video

Goes to show that in previous drafts where the expectation was to get a 1st line player at the end of the first round or in the 2nd round was very unrealistic. Sure it happens occasionally but not very often.

There are many good 2-3 line players in this draft just not many potential 1st line star players. The guys in the top 4 (Wright, Slaf, Cooley and Nemec) are the ones with the best chance.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think Chesley is going to be the steal of the draft. he's probably the best at defense out of all defenseman and has a bomb of a shot. He didn't get to show off his offensive side much cause of his partner this year so I think people are underating his offensive upside.
He’s got the potential to be a two way stud, no doubt. But I think we have a few of those already. I want a pure offence guy like Hutson or Mateychuk to round out our group.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
I like him a lot. He may not be a star but he is close to a surefire NHL player whether that is on the 2nd or 3rd pair.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
3:00 into video

Goes to show that in previous drafts where the expectation was to get a 1st line player at the end of the first round or in the 2nd round was very unrealistic. Sure it happens occasionally but not very often.

There are many good 2-3 line players in this draft just not many potential 1st line star players. The guys in the top 4 (Wright, Slaf, Cooley and Nemec) are the ones with the best chance.
Thats ridiculous. Theres on average 12 forwards that produce 60 points or more in a draft from 03 to 15.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can tell you why. Too much ayahuasca.
Man, that can be life-altering:

“The initial results from the Global Ayahuasca Project survey are staggering: about 85 per cent of people who take ayahuasca go on to make a profound life change. After drinking ayahuasca people are breaking up, hooking up, ditching miserable jobs, kickstarting new careers, enrolling in uni, and having babies.”

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Whoever it is - I trust the Hughes team until they've given a solidified reason to not trust them.

This draft will be so interesting because we will see what this management group philosophically does.
If memory serves me right (don’t let me down brain) Hughes had mentioned that they will be emphasizing their draft and team building philosophy on speed, IQ and character….let’s see if they come through on their self imposed criteria.

Man, that can be life-altering:

“The initial results from the Global Ayahuasca Project survey are staggering: about 85 per cent of people who take ayahuasca go on to make a profound life change. After drinking ayahuasca people are breaking up, hooking up, ditching miserable jobs, kickstarting new careers, enrolling in uni, and having babies.”
What the hell is “Ayahuasca” lol

(Welcome back Runner :) )

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If memory serves me right (don’t let me down brain) Hughes had mentioned that they will be emphasizing their draft and team building philosophy on speed, IQ and character….let’s see if they come through on their self imposed criteria.

...yeah...just please don't let it become like Bargain Bin's KARACKTER B.S....

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Leave it to the Ducks to reach and get an absolute stud. They did it with Lindholm and theyll do it again. If I was them Id go forward tbh, but they can't go wrong with that track record.

I remember that I was kinda shocked when they picked Lindholm ahead of Dumba and Trouba.

but now I wont be surprised a bit if they grab bichsel/chesley at 10

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
While I trust Hughes and Gorton, sometimes a decision is just a crapshoot. This looks like such a case.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It was on his special on TSN where he revealed his final list.
He was on 690 last week. McKenzie said he doesn't scout the players. Said he has 10 months of the year off and works two month. This month and free agency. Uses a consensus of 10 scouts. He said he had no idea who should go first.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Ayahuasca can be a deep experience, but I never recommend psychedelics to people at large, since I've known too many whose "life-changing experience" turned into psychosis.

• Haha
Reactions: tooji and jaffy27

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Ayahuasca can be a deep experience, but I never recommend psychedelics to people at large, since I've known too many whose "life-changing experience" turned into psychosis.

First time I hear of DMT causing psychosis.

There has been quite a few studies on Dimethyltryptamine, the psychoactive agent in Ayahuasca, and none that I've read make any mentions of enducing psychosis.

If it's a rare occurence, likelyhood is that there are other confounding factors that cause predispositions to psychosis.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
First time I hear of DMT causing psychosis.

There has been quite a few studies on Dimethyltryptamine, the psychoactive agent in Ayahuasca, and none that I've read make any mentions of enducing psychosis.

If it's a rare occurence, likelyhood is that there are other confounding factors that cause predispositions to psychosis.

Sure, but I see people recommending drugs to people at large, or to acquaintances, but they can't know who has the genetic predisposition or not. Maybe even the person himself doesn't know.

That said, it will be hard to get studies on this. Even for Cannabis it's a chicken or the egg. I know schizophrenics smoke a ton of cigarettes, not sure about weed. I'm fairly certain cocaine, PCP, speed and the likes cause psychosis a lot more than psychedelics and cannabis, but it's still playing with fire if say you have a schizophrenic uncle and a bipolar mother, to smoke weed and eat schrooms.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Looking more like Wright is the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad