2022 NHL Entry Draft 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
continue.... 2022 NHL Entry Draft 11

We need a top 6 C and top 4 RHD prospect depth.

My perfect draft with the first 3 picks is simple, and I think we could make it happen without trading up if we are lucky.

I'd go with 2 "safe" picks, and one homerun try.

1. #1 OA : Wright (surefire top 6 C)

2. Late first (CGY pick): Luneau (surefire RHD NHLer)

3. #33 OA: Rinzel (6'4 RHD that skates like the wind but plays highschool right now. Boom or bust.)

Would be a heck of a draft.

Then your under 23 y old D depth looks like:

LHD: Romanov, Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Xhekaj
RHD: Barron, Luneau, Mailloux, Rinzel, Sobolev

Decent.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevSkillz4

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I feel in a re-draft 5-6 years from now Wright may not be #1 but he’s the only one guaranteed to be in the top 5. Would you prefer to draft a guaranteed top 5 or risk a homerun whom may flop?

tooji

Nov 24, 2015

so based on those stats we have about a 26% chance of not hitting an NHLer (or 74% chance of hitting) with our late first and 2 seconds. This is also probably better given our first second is pretty much a first round.

calc: (1-0.44)(1-0.3)(1-0.3) =~ 0.26

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
so based on those stats we have about a 26% chance of not hitting an NHLer with our late first and 2 seconds. This is also probably lower given our first second is pretty much a first round.
I prefer we trade our 2nd and CGY 1st to get into teens if possible

Reactions: Redux91 and Saxon

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I prefer we trade our 2nd and CGY 1st to get into teens if possible
based on the odds you shared it wouldn’t make logical sense for the other team to accept that but who knows. We would need to include our other 2nd for the odds to even out

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
based on the odds you shared it wouldn’t make logical sense for the other team to accept that but who knows. We would need to include our other 2nd for the odds to even out
Teams that want to stock the cupboard with more depth or who have targeted multiple players they think will still be on the board or GMs like Bergy who want 'more darts' would consider it.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Didn't realize Slafkovsky was 6 ft 4 220 lbs. Damn.

With the skills he has shown, I would seriously consider picking him up over Wright.

Reactions: Dutronc

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

While I can appreciate the information. I feel this draft is going to be absolutely wacky. Between a lost year of junior/weird progression for some players. The war in Ukraine absolutely killing the value of certain players.

That said, if the Habs can find a way to trade into the top20, that would make me happy given this chart.

Reactions: Hins77 and McGees

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wonder if Seattle reaches for Kevin Korchinski, who already plays in Seattle for the Thunderbirds?

Mitch Brown really likes him. He calls him the most dynamic D in the draft. He's ranked 10th in majority of lists, so a claim at #4 would be a good jump, but not huge.

You have to think that: Wright, Slafkovsky & Cooley are going 1-2-3. That leave the D of Nemec & Jiricek, but if you think Korchinski has higher offensive upside than either ....

4. Seattle: Korchinski
5. Philadelphia: Nemec/Jiricek
6. Columbus: Nemec/Jiricek

Korchinski definitely has high quality offensive game, but his defensive game isn't quite there.

He didn't do much tonight versus Kamloops. Seattle won though, so they'll tie the series.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I wonder if Seattle reaches for Kevin Korchinski, who already plays in Seattle for the Thunderbirds?

Mitch Brown really likes him. He calls him the most dynamic D in the draft. He's ranked 10th in majority of lists, so a claim at #4 would be a good jump, but not huge.

You have to think that: Wright, Slafkovsky & Cooley are going 1-2-3. That leave the D of Nemec & Jiricek, but if you think Korchinski has higher offensive upside than either ....

4. Seattle: Korchinski
5. Philadelphia: Nemec/Jiricek
6. Columbus: Nemec/Jiricek

Korchinski definitely has high quality offensive game, but his defensive game isn't quite there.

He didn't do much tonight versus Kamloops. Seattle won though, so they'll tie the series.
Tough to take him over Nemec, but over Jiricek wouldn’t be crazy IMO. He’s definitely high upside.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Slafkofield

May 1, 2022
Any updates on Miro? He posted a pic today. Still hoping we take him with the Flames pick!!

Attachments

• C634BE77-BBEE-42CD-BF20-87CB17492727.png
    C634BE77-BBEE-42CD-BF20-87CB17492727.png
    749.4 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lol - let's not push it, he's a young man playing the world championship, so he has plenty of IQ. Is he special in terms of IQ, no, but come on.

Agreed. What I said about Slaf is that he's clever, but has things to learn about the game. This was interpreted by some as meaning that I think he's a clinically certified moron. But what you see in this WC versus his play in, say, october, is more and more basics coming into focus in his game.

The best argument for Slaf is the progress he's made this year, but that gets drowned out by mouth breathers beating their chests with ''I hAd HiM 0Th OveRaLl SiNcE hE waS 12.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad