NHL 2022 NHL Awards

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Nice to see Charlie Mac with the second all-star team.

Sucks for Josi to lose on the Norris, because some voters don't even put him on the ballot.

Also, Tuukka Rask finished higher than Swayman and Ullmark in the goalie all-star vote. Some good samaritan threw him a third place vote. Maybe his mom is a hockey writer?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Nice to see Charlie Mac with the second all-star team.

Sucks for Josi to lose on the Norris, because some voters don't even put him on the ballot.

Also, Tuukka Rask finished higher than Swayman and Ullmark in the goalie all-star vote. Some good samaritan threw him a third place vote. Maybe his mom is a hockey writer?

Swayman did make the all rookie team in goal.

Thought there would be a much bigger reaction here to McAvoy getting the 2nd team all-star nod.

Charlie actually got 7 first place votes (7-73-32) to edge out his buddy Adam Fox (0-68-72) who didn't get any. McAvoy also got a single first place vote in Norris voting.

Reactions: Ladyfan

May 29, 2013
Matthews over McDavid for MVP is a joke. The most dynamic player in the league the last number of years isn't the MVP. Toronto controls the NHL, Sportnet, TSN ....

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Swayman did make the all rookie team in goal.

Thought there would be a much bigger reaction here to McAvoy getting the 2nd team all-star nod.

Charlie actually got 7 first place votes (7-73-32) to edge out his buddy Adam Fox (0-68-72) who didn't get any. McAvoy also got a single first place vote in Norris voting.
This is something I don’t quite understand. Isn’t it the same group of people voting for the Norris and the All-Star teams? How can they give him 7 first place votes for all-star and then only 1 for the Norris?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is something I don’t quite understand. Isn’t it the same group of people voting for the Norris and the All-Star teams? How can they give him 7 first place votes for all-star and then only 1 for the Norris?
Because there are two first place slots for all star and only one for Norris?

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Matthews over McDavid for MVP is a joke. The most dynamic player in the league the last number of years isn't the MVP. Toronto controls the NHL, Sportnet, TSN ....
Goal scoring seems to play a big role in awarding the Hart in the last decade or so. Ovechkin got at least a couple Harts when he wasn’t really near the top of the points race, but led in goals.
Joe Thornton or Henrik Sedin wouldn’t be winnng their Harts under these criteria.

Because there are two first place slots for all star and only one for Norris?
No. There are two slots on the first all-star team, but only one first place vote. Voters vote for their top-3 at each position. The ones with most points fill up the two all-star teams.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Josi got robbed. Hard to recall the last time a Norris candidate got screwed over this bad, and I am including the times I felt Chara deserved it. All Josi did was play studly D, put up the most points by a d-man in 30 years, and put up wicked advanced stats. Eye test I felt he should have won as well. And this is coming from a massive Makar fan. I absolutely love watching Makar play hockey. Hell, I love just watching him skate.

On a side note it's awesome to see Charlie come in 4th in the voting. Glad that his defensive play is being appreciated.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Josi got robbed. Hard to recall the last time a Norris candidate got screwed over this bad, and I am including the times I felt Chara deserved it. All Josi did was play studly D, put up the most points by a d-man in 30 years, and put up wicked advanced stats. Eye test I felt he should have won as well. And this is coming from a massive Makar fan. I absolutely love watching Makar play hockey. Hell, I love just watching him skate.

On a side note it's awesome to see Charlie come in 4th in the voting. Glad that his defensive play is being appreciated.

Idk Cale is legit unbelievable, and is also surprisingly stout on his end.

Can't ignore all the highlight real goals he's had all year too, 5 more of them than Josi.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Idk Cale is legit unbelievable, and is also surprisingly stout on his end.

Can't ignore all the highlight real goals he's had all year too, 5 more of them than Josi.
Unbelievable indeed. Tremendous player. He's definitely not as good as Josi in his own end, at least at this point in their careers. Josi was insanely good defensively this season. Josi had 10 more points than Makar, and that was without the benefit of playing with the ridiculous Avs' offense.

There are years in which Makar's 2021-22 season numbers should have won a Norris. This season was not one of them. Josi had a historic season, and on a lesser team than the one Makar is on. Not trying to take anything away from Makar with my previous comments, but pointing out that Josi was more deserving of the Norris. I like both players a great deal.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Unbelievable indeed. Tremendous player. He's definitely not as good as Josi in his own end, at least at this point in their careers. Josi was insanely good defensively this season. Josi had 10 more points than Makar, and that was without the benefit of playing with the ridiculous Avs' offense.

There are years in which Makar's 2021-22 season numbers should have won a Norris. This season was not one of them. Josi had a historic season, and on a lesser team than the one Makar is on. Not trying to take anything away from Makar with my previous comments, but pointing out that Josi was more deserving of the Norris. I like both players a great deal.
I remember when the Preds had prime Weber and baby Josi.

Sigh.....

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019

You could make a case for Hart consideration never mind Norris consideration. He was the predators this season.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
You could make a case for Hart consideration never mind Norris consideration. He was the predators this season.
For sure. Interestingly enough he came in 6th in the Hart voting (5 first place votes) and Makar came in 8th (0 first place votes). Different criteria for the Hart, I know, but interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: DiggityDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad