NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Minnesota Vikings vs (6) New York Giants

MIN vs NYG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Minnesota has been a fraud all season long. Believed this long before the Lions traded Hockenson to them.

But losing to the Giants and Cousins getting outplayed by Daniel Jones is the Chef's kiss.

Give that man Kirk's contract, Minnesota

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I hate Cousins and I'm not inclined to defend QB's but there's nowhere else to throw this ball. The rookie coach doesn't get the play in for way too long, they can't audible because there's no time, they can't take a delay of game cause then it would be 4th and 13, and they can't call timeouts because they don't have any. The Cook option short left is also not really an option because there's an oncoming rusher. Don't know what else he's supposed to do.

I do think it's funny though that they trade a defensive head coach for an offensive coach and their defense goes straight to the toilet to cost them the game. Also tbh you would think that Hockenson could break that tackle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I hate Cousins and I'm not inclined to defend QB's but there's nowhere else to throw this ball. The rookie coach doesn't get the play in for way too long, they can't audible because there's no time, they can't take a delay of game cause then it would be 4th and 13, and they can't call timeouts because they don't have any. The Cook option short left is also not really an option because there's an oncoming rusher. Don't know what else he's supposed to do.

I do think it's funny though that they trade a defensive head coach for an offensive coach and their defense goes straight to the toilet to cost them the game. Also tbh you would think that Hockenson could break that tackle.

You can definitely take a time out. This is your season on the line.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At the absolute minimum Minnesota needs to fire Donnatell.

It's one thing to be bad, it's another thing to be bad because you're actively trying to fit personnel into a scheme that just doesn't work for the guys you have.

No he isn't.
You've already proven you're not qualified to judge QBs

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
At the absolute minimum Minnesota needs to fire Donnatell.

It's one thing to be bad, it's another thing to be bad because you're actively trying to fit personnel into a scheme that just doesn't work for the guys you have.

You've already proven you're not qualified to judge QBs
I am more than qualified. I was right.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Wth didn't the Vikings make Pettine the DC? I don't know Donatell all that well but I assume Pettine is more qualified. Dude was great with us back in '13 and he had the Packers playing good D as well for a bit.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Thought they still had 1? Or was it the Giants.

Yeah they didn't have one. If they did they would have taken it but it was kind of the same thing as McDaniel earlier where the coach had to think about the play call for too long before pulling the trigger.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good and unexpected season for the Vikings and it ends the way you would expect with Cousins as the QB. The one unfortunate part about this type of season is that it might make people delusional. Vikings fans can keep getting mad at people who point it out but they were fluky/lucky all season long. I think Kwesi is too smart to not realize it but I don't know if ownership is.

This should most certainly be a one and done season for Ed Donatell as DC. He's awful

You have to think about moving on from Eric Kendricks and Harrison Smith. Both make too much money for what they bring as 30+ players. They are no longer part of the solution, even if you believe Donatell is that bad (he is!).

This should be Dalvin Cook's last game as a Viking. If you can trade him then great but if not then cut him. All of the numbers show he's nowhere close to being the player he was. Again, I think that's a move Kwesi makes without thinking twice about it but I'm not sure if the owners let him.

Big changes are needed.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
While Jones numbers a bit inflated today by the fact the Vikings defense is pathetic, it's pretty clear that Daboll found a system for him that makes it click.

Jones biggest hurdle was the fact all the coaches he had since being a Giant were dipshits. Judge tried to turn him into a pocket passer which he just isn't. Daboll, coaching Josh Allen basically implemented the same system and its worked wonders.

Get Danny Dimes a legit WR and you might see an even bigger jump next year.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Still can't get over the second last drive. Swing pass to a semi-washed Dalvin Cook that goes nowhere, a screen to Hockenson, and then an incompletion way short of the marker to Cook again.

Didn't even try for Jefferson. Didn't even look his way.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No he isn't.

I was also right abut that Skyler kid. He was awful.

Fmi_qEoXgAUNgRR

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3