NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs. (6) New York Giants

PHI vs NYG

• Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Daboll definitely elevated Jones a fair bit given he understands how to utilize mobile, running QBs. But i'm still not giving him a kingmaker type extension.

If i'm the Giants i'd honestly rather have Garopollo.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Do you eagles just forfeit next week cause the real NFC championship game is being played tomorrow?

He definitely isnt better than Lamar, but we can have a conversation about Jalen :naughty:.

I want my flowers for shouting out Jalen Hurts on this board the moment he stepped on the field. I was pissed when they pulled him against Pittsburgh. He's a great player who was good from the start (though no where near as polished a passer and much quicker to run) and I'd have no qualms about considering him and Lamar Jackson at similar levels. I'm just not sure Jackson ever had a team as well-rounded.

Reactions: Halladay

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Daboll definitely elevated Jones a fair bit given he understands how to utilize mobile, running QBs. But i'm still not giving him a kingmaker type extension.

Daboll would want a better runner than that.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I want my flowers for shouting out Jalen Hurts on this board the moment he stepped on the field. I was pissed when they pulled him against Pittsburgh. He's a great player who was good from the start (though no where near as polished a passer and much quicker to run) and I'd have no qualms about considering him and Lamar Jackson at similar levels. I'm just not sure Jackson ever had a team as well-rounded.
Lamar hasnt had the same coaches or skilled positions around him but it is closer than many think.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Jalen Hurts and Lamar Jackson are what Michael Vick should have been if folks had been more accepting of that style and Vick hadn't been such an asshat for the duration of his Falcons career. And even he still was absolutely electric for stretches. And this is a QB who'd toss film in the back of his car and never watch it!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Hurts honestly might be better than Lamar at this point.

The big difference is the passing itself. Hurts has grown tremendously in becoming a more accurate, sound passer whereas Lamar is still kinda...eh in that regard.

Also doesn't have the injury concerns like Lamar too.

Reactions: fin8

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I’m excited for the two best teams in the NFC to play tomorrow. This game was a snooze fest

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Garappolo can't use the outside part of the field, only the middle. Shanahan had to scheme and scheme to help Garappolo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't get past Dallas playing all these road games in consecutive weeks. If they win, next week will be 5 in a row and 6 out of 7. That is just seems impossible to overcome.

Whoever wins tomorrow, they're going to have to out-scheme the Eagles because clearly everyone's healthy.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I can't get past Dallas playing all these road games in consecutive weeks. If they win, next week will be 5 in a row and 6 out of 7. That is just seems impossible to overcome.

Whoever wins tomorrow, they're going to have to out-scheme the Eagles because clearly everyone's healthy.
I saw this on some site. only has happened twice but neither team won their 4th straight road game. It was the 2009 Ravens and someone else.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I saw this on some site. only has happened twice but neither team won their 4th straight road game. It was the 2009 Ravens and someone else.
It's stuff you would see in a bygone era, but not anymore.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
What a snoozefest of a game that i fell ashleep on as it was basically over very early. I expected the Eagles to win but for the Giants to at least put up a fight. That didn't happen.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Apparently Jalen is the 1st Alabama quarterback to win a playoff game in 40 years.

If Buffalo doesn't win the superbowl I'm rooting for Philly , they have always had a player I liked..especially Westbrook..but even before that..

They didn't meet up this season.. get that rabbit foot out.
Westbrook is my favorite Eagle ever. Even more than Dawkins. Good choice.

they play each other next season at the Linc at least.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Didn't watch this one and it went exactly like I thought it would. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if the Eagles roll whoever it is next week too.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Am I crazy to think this Eagles team is one the best team ever by talent on paper? Earlier this season I was thinking where their offense stacks up against with the 00’s Rams or 07 Pats.

QB = Good but so dynamic
RB = Elite
WR = Elite
OL = Legendary

DL = Boardline Legendary
LB = Average
DB’s = Elite

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Am I crazy to think this Eagles team is one the best team ever by talent on paper? Earlier this season I was thinking where their offense stacks up against with the 00’s Rams or 07 Pats.

QB = Good but so dynamic
RB = Elite
WR = Elite
OL = Legendary

DL = Boardline Legendary
LB = Average
DB’s = Elite
I don't think the results quite justify that level of praise so far, though obviously if they win the SB we might need to have this conversation.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Overall not a bad turnaround for the Giants but man Philadelphia is a house of horrors for them. Picked the Eagles but was hoping for a more competitive game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad