OT: 2022 NCAA Football Thread

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
As long as there's no hockey yet, figured it wouldn't hurt to have a college football thread to cut down on the remaining dog days of summer / non-hockey September. I'm sure there's a few college fans on here somewhere.

Big news this weekend is Nebraska getting upset by Northwestern in an overseas game, as well as Vanderbilt (!) dropping 63 on Hawai'i.

Granted, Vanderbilt beating Hawaii is like the DoD Oilers beating the Blue Jackets 10-0, but a win is a win. ;)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Nebraska losing is never much of an upset if you ask me, that program has fallen off a cliff.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah Nebraska doing bad is kinda par for the course right now. I'm actually going to be seeing a Nebraska v Michigan game live this year, as we are going down to Ann Arbor for the game.I'm a big Michigan fan and my buddy, poor guy, is a Nebraska fan.

Big game this weekend between Notre Dame and Ohio State. Expecting Ohio to take it, but I guess we'll see.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
... enters the room and ducks... Go Fighting Irish! My second favourite team is whoever's playing Alabama.

Took in the College Football Kick-off game a couple years back in Houston with Ol' Miss vs. Texas Tech. Love college football environment and games. North of the border I think USports gridiron is under appreciated. Love my hometown U of Sask Huskies!

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
1662142474474.gif

Excited/nervous for the game tomorrow against the bulldogs but excited for some football.

Reactions: snipes

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Should be an interesting season for my Trojans. Don't think we've ever seen a team built mostly from transfers before. Our offense should be good under Lincoln Riley, but the defense remains to be seen.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
My Wolfpack nearly went DoD Oilers and blew a 21-7 lead to the ECU Pirates. Pirates would've tied the game if not for a bad miss by their kicker.

Lucky to get out of Week 1 without a loss.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Alabama narrowly avoids the upset by Texas.

Arkansas beats South Carolina.

And my NC State Wolfpack destroyed a lowly FCS squad 55-3. Sure, it's like the Oilers running up the score on the Coyotes, but you take every win you get. :naughty:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Alabama narrowly avoids the upset by Texas.

Arkansas beats South Carolina.

And my NC State Wolfpack destroyed a lowly FCS squad 55-3. Sure, it's like the Oilers running up the score on the Coyotes, but you take every win you get. :naughty:
I have never seen a team pull so many wins out of their ass in the dying minutes as Alabama and yet the AP poll rarely drops them out of the top 4. Meanwhile, anyone else narrowly beats an unranked team and they fall down the ladder.

Two big upsets today though, ND and Texas A&M- two top 10's going down to unranked teams.

Last edited:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Georgia with another dominant win today, this time over South Carolina.

Meanwhile, my Wolfpack take on Texas Tech later tonight. Looking to improve to 3-0 to start the year.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What a lame week 3. Of all the top 25 teams, there were only two games where top 25 teams played each other. For the most part, it was like watching WWF on a Saturday morning where a superstar like King Kong Bundy or Jake Roberts was 'rasslin some jobber named Steven Riggs or some other guy they plucked out of the YMCA that morning.

South Florida gave the Gators a big scare though.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Another incredible week. Tennessee beats Florida in Knoxville, and Texas Tech defeats UT in overtime in Lubbock.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Notre Dame gets its shit together with a big offensive game against North Carolina. Balanced attack with strong running and efficient passing game. Another fav Ol' Miss goes to 4-0 with a soft schedule and big boy SEC teams to come.

Wild game with Oregon dropping 29 fourth quarter points on Washington State to prevail 44-41.

University of Saskatchewan Huskies roll Alberta to go 4-0 in Canada West. QB Nyhus continues to show a composed passing game supported by a great ground attack led by second string, blue chip sophomore running back Ryker Frank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad