NBA 2022 NBA Draft

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Pacers going all Canadian draft with the 1st pick in the 2nd round picking Nembhard

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Kangz, in their infinite wisdom, decided to ignore this and take some forward that will probably bust like most picks they make.

Detroit setting themselves up hella nice here. A core of Ivey/Cade is a great start and then the likely add of Ayton in free agency.

Their days of being in purgatory might be over soon.
Ivey never wanted to go there for one. Never interviewed or worked out. That, and the fact the Kings struggled on defense and shooting last year and their puck improves both of those.

Why would they keep drafting guards when they already have Fox and Mitchell in the backcourt? If they could have gotten their guy and made a trade to move back they would have. It obviously didn’t work out that way, but I’m glad McNair is getting to make decisions without Vivek meddling, it seems

Try going for some fruit higher in the tree.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Paolo better end up being a God because I'm convinced Orlando thought Smith was going #2 and Houston was gonna derp for a trade so they didn't end up with Chet and he gets traded at #3 with an asset or two

If that's what actually happened then this was peak Orlando Tragic instead of just taking the guy to they wanted

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Paolo better end up being a God because I'm convinced Orlando thought Smith was going #2 and Houston was gonna derp for a trade so they didn't end up with Chet and he gets traded at #3 with an asset or two

If that's what actually happened then this was peak Orlando Tragic instead of just taking the guy to they wanted
i think banchero will end up being the best of the 3. to me, holmgren has bust written all over him but who knows

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Issue that i have with Holmgren is that he is too slow, he has a nice shooting form but literally everything he does is still too slow from movement to shooting, and he most likely can’t handle the physicality of NBA, and he won’t be as big in comparison to NBA pro’s.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
i think banchero will end up being the best of the 3. to me, holmgren has bust written all over him but who knows

I was actually fine with taking Holmgren because the kid can be fed. He is already so dynamic that had he been even 25 lbs heavier he would have been the most coveted prospect since probably Zion. Jabari is a lights out shooter in his own right. Chet could take over games on both sides of the ball and was so fluid despite being lanky. Now Paolo is probably more offensively creative and balanced than the other two but he didn't do anything that really made me go "Oh wow" and I honestly thought there was no chance he'd be #1 because of it

bov

Nov 13, 2010

That's over the top and makes no sense on any level. First overall pick, and you think they'd intentionally not take their #1 target?

You really couldn't go wrong here with the top 3 all having that kind of size and talent. Banchero looks more ready than Holmgren to make an immediate impact, it might take years for that kid to grow into his frame.

Orlando's core of players 25 and younger is very promising and I'm still pretending Isaac doesn't even exist at this point. I can't imagine why any Magic fan wouldn't be excited anout the future, this team will begin their rise very soon.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Pretty happy for the Pistons getting Ivey and Duren. I think both guys bring good toolboxes to Detroit. I'm still not exactly clear what the Pistons gave up in the Duren trade, but I'm fairly high on him as a Center, so I don't mind too much if it's a bit more than the Bucks 2025 1st. Pistons should start growing with the youth they have in place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad