28. Toronto: Tristan Luneau

29. Montreal: Ivan Miroshnichenko

30. Arizona: Seamus Casey

31. Arizona: Jagger Firkus

32. Buffalo: Noah Ostlund

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I’ll take Mintyukov all the way to the bank at 15 please. I’ll pass on Yurov we don’t have room for him right now and a path to top pair on defense.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’ll take Mintyukov all the way to the bank at 15 please. I’ll pass on Yurov we don’t have room for him right now and a path to top pair on defense.
If VAN doesn’t take Yurov I could see him falling to someone like WSH. Something like:

15. Mintyukov
16. Chesley

20. Yurov
21. Mesar
22. Ohgren

Reactions: Tryamkin

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I think in this scenario for the Sens the thought process would come down to Kemmel vs Gauthier, My pick would be Kemmel, I think the Sens pick, Gauthier. I honestly like both picks. Well done on this from a Sens POV.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think in this scenario for the Sens the thought process would come down to Kemmel vs Gauthier, My pick would be Kemmel, I think the Sens pick, Gauthier. I honestly like both picks. Well done on this from a Sens POV.
Kemmel is so hard to judge for me. I have heard very little hype surrounding him but it could just be me there cause I don’t pay too close of attention to him. Sens were one of the easier choices though on who they would take. Gauthier just feels like a Senator pick.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Kemmel is so hard to judge for me. I have heard very little hype surrounding him but it could just be me there cause I don’t pay too close of attention to him. Sens were one of the easier choices though on who they would take. Gauthier just feels like a Senator pick.

6"3 193lbs power forward out of the USNTDP and committed to BC, with a nose for the net and scoring goals, sounds a lot like another American kid we took pretty high in 2018. Very much a Sens Esque pick

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Really don't like the Jets taking McGroaty with 14, I'd rather any of the next 4 players that went 15-18 in your list.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I agree but I think McGroarty screams WPG

It does - we seem to like American forwards in the first round. That said, I don't know if they'll go that way again this time, now with Perfetti and Lucius I think they might look in a different direction.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It does - we seem to like American forwards in the first round. That said, I don't know if they'll go that way again this time, now with Perfetti and Lucius I think they might look in a different direction.
I kind of debated Isaac Howard to them too but I do like McGroarty.

Who would you have wanted for them if that’s how the board played out?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I kind of debated Isaac Howard to them too but I do like McGroarty.

Who would you have wanted for them if that’s how the board played out?

Personally, I feel Korchinski is BPA there. Who knows if the Jets agree.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'd much prefer Howard or Mesar at 16. I know you don't draft for need but there's no roster spot at LHD for the foreseeable future.

LOVE Savoie and Ostlund though.
I thought Mintyukov could play both sides for some reason. That was my thinking. Future core of Power, Dahlin, Joker, Samuelsson, Mintyukov (who I thought played both sides) was not something I thought to pass on. But yeah BUF definitely has my favorite draft from this. Love Savoie AND Ostlund.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I thought Mintyukov could play both sides for some reason. That was my thinking. Future core of Power, Dahlin, Joker, Samuelsson, Mintyukov (who I thought played both sides) was not something I thought to pass on. But yeah BUF definitely has my favorite draft from this. Love Savoie AND Ostlund.
We also have Ryan Johnson who is left handed. And Jacob Bryson was a useful player for us this year.

As for right handed players, it's Henri Jokiharju and nothing else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad