Golf: 2022 Masters Tournament - 'Game-Time Decision' Edition

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I've always wondered what is the earliest Sunday group or tee time where a major winner has played. I may be wrong, but I've been watching for decades and it seems like a guy in the last 2 or 3 groups always wins.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
2E46BEEC-4E95-4174-8224-F353C069BE7A.jpeg

Who knew Jim Nabors could golf this well?

Gollee! Well done.

EGL22

Mar 20, 2018
I was not thinking Scottie was this good but just a guy on a hot streak coming in.
Watching him here I have to believe he is the real deal and will be winning many more tourneys.

He can make all the shots,is very calm cool and collected,and seems to have a plan and sticks to it.
With all the recent lets call them big personalities,Koepka,Dechambieu etc it is kind of nice to have a sort of good old country boy laid back type up top.

The only drawback to this Masters is that Scottie winning took a back seat to Tiger.
While Tiger making it back is a good story and he is of course a legend already he really could not be taken seriously as a possible winner here.

But of course until he retires it will always be the Tiger Tour and not the PGA Tour so guys like Scottie will get the credit for winning but stay second in the media.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Someone’s always gotta complain. The only fair courses Zach Johnson has ever played on are the ones he won.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
I was not thinking Scottie was this good but just a guy on a hot streak coming in.
Watching him here I have to believe he is the real deal and will be winning many more tourneys.

He can make all the shots,is very calm cool and collected,and seems to have a plan and sticks to it.
With all the recent lets call them big personalities,Koepka,Dechambieu etc it is kind of nice to have a sort of good old country boy laid back type up top.

The only drawback to this Masters is that Scottie winning took a back seat to Tiger.
While Tiger making it back is a good story and he is of course a legend already he really could not be taken seriously as a possible winner here.

But of course until he retires it will always be the Tiger Tour and not the PGA Tour so guys like Scottie will get the credit for winning but stay second in the media.

Nobody took Tiger seriously as a potential winner, there was a reason he was +4500 to +5000 odds to win. It's good for golf and sports in general when Tiger is playing in majors and competitive. As someone that has golfed for almost their entire life and knows how boring golf and golf personalities are in general, what Tiger has done for the game of golf in terms of interest in the game, viewership, etc is nothing short of incredible. There isn't a single athlete in recent memory that has made the impact on their respective sport that Tiger has with golf and I don't think that's up for debate. He's earned the right for it to be the "Tiger Tour".

EGL22

Mar 20, 2018
Nobody took Tiger seriously as a potential winner, there was a reason he was +4500 to +5000 odds to win. It's good for golf and sports in general when Tiger is playing in majors and competitive. As someone that has golfed for almost their entire life and knows how boring golf and golf personalities are in general, what Tiger has done for the game of golf in terms of interest in the game, viewership, etc is nothing short of incredible. There isn't a single athlete in recent memory that has made the impact on their respective sport that Tiger has with golf and I don't think that's up for debate. He's earned the right for it to be the "Tiger Tour".

Tiger is top 2 all time but it is time to move on from him and promote today's and tomorrows stars.
I don't want to watch Tigers shots when he is way out of it and not get to see a contenders shots.

I have golfed for over 50 years and and never considered it boring and there are many personalities out there and not just one.

I must also disagree with saying there is not a single athlete that has made the impact Tiger has.
I don't even have to look outside golf for that as nobody made the game of golf as much as Arnold Palmer did.
If not for Arnie and Arnie's Army the PGA may not even be here right now and no golfer,not even Tiger,has been more revered in the sport by both fans and players alike.
Arnie was not the GOAT but will always be considered the King of Golf.

For me Tiger is 2nd best all time behind Nicklaus and will not catch him but Tiger was awesome and there is no doubt about it.
But just like Arnie and Jack it is time to move on from Tiger and enjoy these new stars and let them get there proper time in the spotlight.

Reactions: Sammy Kat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad