Aarne Talvitie
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Reilly Walsh
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund
Ripshot 43

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Holtz is my number four. Voit for Gritsyuk.

Have some questions for Holtz hockey iq and game without the puck is a thing he should work a lot on. Sometimes you don't see a guy on the ice too long.
But talent is there, game with the puck is very good. And the shot of course. If he can add some speed, he will make a lot of things easier and could be good enough winger.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Gritsyuk.

The only reason I have him below Holtz is because he's not in North America right now. 28 points in 39 games in the regular season and 10 more in 13 playoff games in the KHL when he was 20 for most of the season is legitimately impressive. Like, not particularly different from Kaprizov/Panarin etc. impressive.

If we can get him over he'll be a top 6 winger.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Holtz is my number four. Voit for Gritsyuk.

Have some questions for Holtz hockey iq and game without the puck is a thing he should work a lot on. Sometimes you don't see a guy on the ice too long.
But talent is there, game with the puck is very good. And the shot of course. If he can add some speed, he will make a lot of things easier and could be good enough winger.

Same. I had Gritsyuk third, Holtz fourth. Holtz has some elite skills but it's still open whether he can skate and play well enough away from the puck to allow it all to come together at the NHL level. Gritsyuk, admitted, I have only seen in clips and on video, but looks like he has a very high floor package in all skills and some truly elite skills that I can't wait to see on this side of the pond.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Doesn't matter. He's still Devils property and fits the requirements.

I don't think he is still Devils property, that should've ended in 2021. Drafted players who leave major junior during their first year have 4 years to sign and then that's it, the only thing that might confound it is that he went to the KHL.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don't think he is still Devils property, that should've ended in 2021. Drafted players who leave major junior during their first year have 4 years to sign and then that's it, the only thing that might confound it is that he went to the KHL.
Capfriendly has his rights listed as indefinite.

God knows I’ve regretted suggesting I know how any of this works before, but I believe that’s because his rights have transferred back to his original Russian club and the CHL team no longer had them.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
i didn’t even realize Walsh wasn’t on the list. His last season is getting severely underrated around here.

But i think my vote’s gonna be Zetterlund until he’s chosen. He exceeded every expectation last season and still has room to improve. I think he’s gonna force his way onto the roster this year with his play style.

add Walsh

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
just saw, that jack dugan is now part of our pipeline. i have less than zero idea about him as a player.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Same. I had Gritsyuk third, Holtz fourth. Holtz has some elite skills but it's still open whether he can skate and play well enough away from the puck to allow it all to come together at the NHL level. Gritsyuk, admitted, I have only seen in clips and on video, but looks like he has a very high floor package in all skills and some truly elite skills that I can't wait to see on this side of the pond.
As I remember I had him number 4 year ago. Okhotiuk was my number three. I have him at number 5 this year.

Yeah, Grits is good. If he did something really more than he did, he should be our number one prospect easily. Still has some space to be better, to work on. He isn't Kaprisov level guy, he isn't as good manipulator, he isn't on kaprisovs level in reaction on the puck. I don't know can he develop it, im not waiting for it, but not every late rounder Russian should be 90+ points player guy. I think part of his game works because he is fast and use the size of the rinks, I think part of his game should be adapted on the smaller ice. He absolutely can do it because tools is there. He isn't great playmaker/puckmover. I would say he is good scoring type play driver. But his 200 foot game is on the good level for his "type" of player, he should add more muscles, I think he is working on it, because he literally did tell about it. I belive next season he will play more against better defensemen and I think he would be challenged more. If he will even stay on the same level of production, I would be happy enough. If he will produce more, it will going hotter. I would be happy to see more balanced game from him, better positional game against the draw. If he can grow on himself in playmaking, it would be great. I try to compare him with Yegor in specific way - Yegor is a very good shooter, and let's try to imagine he will develop his interior game, will be better on the boards. Its a great player potentially, but his playmaking game still limit him, even with much better positional game and with better puck battling, Sharangovich will not hit some crazy numbers. Its ok. I would say he is very good complimentary player, but still. I think Gritsyuk is muuuuch better play driver, may be not as great as a shooter, but he is very good. And I would say his pkaymaking is better, but he isn't on the Jack, Bratt or Nico level.
Will see.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
just saw, that jack dugan is now part of our pipeline. i have less than zero idea about him as a player.
He was a Vegas draft pick, im a little surprised they let him go. Maybe something to do with money since their cap is such a disaster? Devils signed him this summer.

He had two excellent years in Providence. He and Tyce Thompson were #1 and #2 in team scoring in 19-20. He went to the AHL the next season and Thompson stayed in Providence (and led the team in scoring). I always assumed Dugan was one of Vegas’ better prospects but i’m gonna assume they know something i don’t.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
He was a Vegas draft pick, im a little surprised they let him go. Maybe something to do with money since their cap is such a disaster? Devils signed him this summer.

He had two excellent years in Providence. He and Tyce Thompson were #1 and #2 in team scoring in 19-20. He went to the AHL the next season and Thompson stayed in Providence (and led the team in scoring). I always assumed Dugan was one of Vegas’ better prospects but i’m gonna assume they know something i don’t.
thanks for the info.

based on his bio and stats he could be a rugged power forward type with some skills. does he fits this player type? how good is his skating?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad