Prospect Info: 2022 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #16

Who is the Devils' #16 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I'm old enough that I try to watch the players to form my basic opinion on their tools and talent. Watching Hauser for instance, you can obviously see there is more to the player than what his draft position would lead you to believe. I'd like to get a few more viewings of him though. I prefer to watch the prospects against other top prospects since that is their potential pro peer group. I know some prefer to rely on statistical analysis and there is nothing wrong with that either. It's a guessing game for most players anyway. Even a lower first round pick is a tough projection.
Considered Hauser but his role as 13th forward for Czechia - though he did score - made me wonder.

Czechia doesn't ordinarily produce that many NHL caliber forwards.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Which guys do you see as having NHL potential? I'm sort of struggling with it right now. The few guys left that I have seen I am not high on their potential but there are a bunch of new draftees left in the poll I have not watched at all (except Hauser and I need more viewings of him to get a read on him) and I don't watch KHL except the odd highlights that are shared. I tend to think Msyul could play in the NHL but I'm skeptical he ever comes over given how crowded it is in NJ on left defense.
i think a lot of players left have NHL potential but very low ceilings, which as @Guadana said, is a pretty good sign for the system overall. It wasn’t long ago that someone like Edwards would be a top-10 prospect, maybe even close to top-5.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i think a lot of players left have NHL potential but very low ceilings, which as @Guadana said, is a pretty good sign for the system overall. It wasn’t long ago that someone like Edwards would be a top-10 prospect, maybe even close to top-5.
I watched a fair amount of Michigan games last season and nothing about Edwards stood out to me at the time. In prospect camp you could see he has excellent skating ability but in games it just didn't seem to translate for whatever reason. Maybe next season he will develop. I don't doubt a number of the guys have talent but it's hard to see NHL potential if they are not standing out in any way in college games. McCarthy struck me that way as well although I have fewer viewings of him. A bunch of the remaining players are young or have just been drafted so I'm optimistic a few will display their talent and move up the prospect ranks for next season.

Reactions: Guadana

Tusks Up

Aug 14, 2022
This Patrick Moynihan kid Ive heard a lot about. Is his ability to make the NHL in a lesser role higher or lower than his value as a prospect? Where does that rank for a scout?

Fourth liners can be just as important as first liners in a tough series.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
This Patrick Moynihan kid Ive heard a lot about. Is his ability to make the NHL in a lesser role higher or lower than his value as a prospect? Where does that rank for a scout?

Fourth liners can be just as important as first liners in a tough series.
I don’t know, may be it is miss watching, may be I caught his bad games/moments, but his game with the puck scared me. Like very scared. I don’t like it when I try to imagine potential NHL center. Even fourth line center. Very limited expirience for me, so may be it doesn’t truth about him.

Tusks Up

Aug 14, 2022
I don’t know, may be it is miss watching, may be I caught his bad games/moments, but his game with the puck scared me. Like very scared. I don’t like it when I try to imagine potential NHL center. Even fourth line center. Very limited expirience for me, so may be it doesn’t truth about him.
Beats me, Ive only read about him. Maybe one or two games of USA hockey when they have the tournaments, I think he was on the team with Jack as well back in 2019 and also recently in 2021. He seems to be raved about by the USA coaches.

Michae McLeod also stinks with the puck so Im not too concerned. Maybe he can play wing too.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Beats me, Ive only read about him. Maybe one or two games of USA hockey when they have the tournaments, I think he was on the team with Jack as well back in 2019 and also recently in 2021. He seems to be raved about by the USA coaches.

Michae McLeod also stinks with the puck so Im not too concerned. Maybe he can play wing too.
He isn’t good scorer. And McLeod is average with carry the puck. McLeod doesn’t read game well and can’t shoot. But Im talking about worser level of stick work. Again, maybe I just watched him in bad day.

And we need center. We have tonns of wingers to fight for bottom role to think about him. If he will surprise us, it would be great, but for now I can’t pencil him as potential candidate.

Tusks Up

Aug 14, 2022
He isn’t good scorer. And McLeod is average with carry the puck. McLeod doesn’t read game well and can’t shoot. But Im talking about worser level of stick work. Again, maybe I just watched him in bad day.

And we need center. We have tonns of wingers to fight for bottom role to think about him. If he will surprise us, it would be great, but for now I can’t pencil him as potential candidate.
Thats unfortunate to hear. Would love to see him put together his game with the puck since most of what Ive read on him is his play away from the puck and his ability to give 100% every shift

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So do you watch Patrick Moynihan highlights on Halloween?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Voted Filmon as I feel he has potential to be a fast riser. Maybe a reach at this point but we are far enough down the list for reashes.

Add Misyul.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So do you watch Patrick Moynihan highlights on Halloween?
7280EE41-04F8-471D-A2B8-7779B2319E78.gif

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

In fairness, he performed well in his role on the gold medal USA U20 team but whether he would have been on the team had it not been his college coach coaching the team was a point of conjecture.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad