Prospect Info: 2022 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #10 - Half way home!

Who is the Devils' #10 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
RankPlayerDraft PositionVote %2021 Result2020 Result
1Luke Hughes2021 Round 1 #4 Overall79.2Luke HughesAlexander Holtz
2Simon Nemec2022 Round 1 #2 Overall87.9Dawson MercerTy Smith
3Alexander Holtz2020 Round 1 #7 Overall81.4Alexander HoltzDawson Mercer
4Arseni Gritsyuk2019 Round 5 #129 Overall76.0Nolan FooteNolan Foote
5Shakir Mukhamadullin2020 Round 1 #20 Overall42.9Shakir MukhamadullinKevin Bahl
6Fabian Zetterlund2017 Round 3 #63 Overall36.4Kevin BahlShakir Mukhamadullin
7Nikita Okhotiuk2019 Round 2 #61 Overall52.3Graeme ClarkeTyce Thompson
8Seamus Casey2022 Round 2 #46 Overall56.7Chase StillmanJanne Kuokannen
9Nico Daws2020 Round 3 #84 Overall46.3Nikita OkhotiukReilly Walsh

Last Pick: Nico Daws - Utica Comets / AHL

Daws.jpg

Added: Jakub Malek

Eligible Players:In Poll:Selected Previously:
Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Cole Brady
Jack Dugan
Josh Filmon
Jeremy Groleau
Brian Halonen
Peter Hauser
Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Daniil Orlov
Nikola Pasic
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Artem Shlaine
Aarne Talvitie
Topias Vilen
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Ripshot 43
Tyler Brennan
Graeme Clarke
Ethan Edwards
Nolan Foote
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Akira Schmid
Chase Stillman
Tyce Thompson
Reilly Walsh

Seamus Casey
Nico Daws
Arseni Gritsyuk
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Simon Nemec
Nikita Okhotiuk
Fabian Zetterlund

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Tyce has been injured too much to rank him in the top 10. I'm still not sure what we got with him.
Good argument. But things happens. I rankings ceiling and floor for specific role. And skillset of course. I liked his actual shape in Utica. He was looking better in the end of the season when they both share the ice in one squad.and his trajectory is better for now.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Tyce over Foote. In addition to just having better tools, Tyce has also gotten progressively better every year and Foote has kind of stagnated/regressed each year since the Devils acquired him.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
It’s really hard to get a grasp on whether Tyce Thompson is the next Blake Coleman or the next Joey Anderson.

I also think it’s interesting that his brother Tage (what is with these names?) just had a huge breakout season in Buffalo after stagnating for a couple years, despite being a centerpiece of the Ryan O’Reilly trade. Tage is two years older, turning 25 in a couple months. It would be good timing for a Tyce breakout season this year.

Reactions: Mgd31 and My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I like Foote and he’s done well with us in his few games, but it’s Tyce for me.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
It’s really hard to get a grasp on whether Tyce Thompson is the next Blake Coleman or the next Joey Anderson.

I also think it’s interesting that his brother Tage (what is with these names?) just had a huge breakout season in Buffalo after stagnating for a couple years, despite being a centerpiece of the Ryan O’Reilly trade. Tage is two years older, turning 25 in a couple months. It would be good timing for a Tyce breakout season this year.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Tyce was a man possessed in the part 3on3 I saw live but he’s also waiver exempt so I assume he’ll at least start in Utica.

Footie Pajamas had a real slow start last season, he had 6 points, with 3 goals, in his first 17 regular season games but he had 26 points, with 11 goals, in his last 38 games. So he progressed.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen when I watched him play live, he just need to stay healthy and keep progressing.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Tyce was a man possessed in the part 3on3 I saw live but he’s also waiver exempt so I assume he’ll at least start in Utica.

Footie Pajamas had a real slow start last season, he had 6 points, with 3 goals, in his first 17 regular season games but he had 26 points, with 11 goals, in his last 38 games. So he progressed.

I’ve liked what I’ve seen when I watched him play live, he just need to stay healthy and keep progressing.
That’s the thing about Foote though, 26 points in 38 games doesn’t exactly leap off the page and make you say “oh there’s something there.” To me that just looks like Jacob Josefson numbers. :dunno:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That’s the thing about Foote though, 26 points in 38 games doesn’t exactly leap off the page and make you say “oh there’s something there.” To me that just looks like Jacob Josefson numbers. :dunno:
Foote has missed a lot of playing time in last several years due to injury and bigger players often take longer to put it together.

Tyce is a year and half older than Foote, so I feel ok giving him this season to progress. Thompson is likely closer to more of a sure thing as a bottom six player but Foote’s size and shot makes him more intriguing to me.

Josefson career was wrecked by injuries and he was a different style of player.

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Chase Stillman has votes?:skeptic:
He should have more votes. Shouldn’t have been a first round pick but he’s still a solid prospect and certainly a better actual prospect than a guy like Thompson. And I like Thompson and what he could bring to this roster.

But, I think these poll results sometimes show pretty flawed thinking towards guys who are older, more ready and have done well more recently. The younger guys with more potential get less votes than the older 23ish year old prospects from 5-6 years ago who are just now looking at competing for a bottom of the lineup roster spot.

Stillman is a way way better player than Thompson was at the same age and he has better potential. Thompson is a 23 year old on the edge of the roster. If he sticks he’s probably an okay 4th liner or 3rd liner if everything goes great. Stillman is still only 19 and has middle 6 potential. Stillman’s odds of becoming a full time NHL player and having an actual career are realistically much better than someone like Thompson’s.

Same with someone like Okhotiuk going over Casey although that is much closer and I can understand someone who isn’t that high on Casey putting Okhotiuk over him. But Casey no doubt has higher potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad