Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Rodrigue

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Fanti

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I’m curious what more people wanted to see from Broberg this year. He was great in the AHL, putting up a higher PPG than Holloway did in spite of being a defenseman, and also showed some nice flashes in his NHL stint. Feels to me like some people are stuck on wanting other players selected in his draft and judge him more harshly.

I honestly would just like to see him use the tools that make him special more. I think in his NHL call up's hes been ok. I think hes probably trying to keep it simple and playing safe, which isnt a bad thing. I just want to see the dynamic skating more utilized and more confidence/comfortable in his play (which takes time).

The other thing that I want to see from him is that he protects himself better. Guy gets hit way too much for my liking. He kind of reminds me of Hall in that regard.

Last edited:

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Unfortunately this listing of prospects on our personal criteria makes me think of the type of prospects not here, the prospects that could have been drafted, the mix of prospects i would have drafted instead.
Overall the list is pretty darn good. Over all there's 3 or 4 could be number one --depending how u value certain parts of their game. Skinner not likely to be much more than a backup though so dont think he is in running for number 1.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I'm going against the grain here and saying that Schaefer is our top prospect in terms of potential and value. He may not have the highest offensive upside of the group, but his shot is very good, he is a solid 2 way player and he isn't afraid to muck it up. If he can improve his skating we are looking at a very good NHL power forward which go for a premium in this league.

I like him too, hopefully he makes our roster in time to still play with McDrai though

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I’m curious what more people wanted to see from Broberg this year. He was great in the AHL, putting up a higher PPG than Holloway did in spite of being a defenseman, and also showed some nice flashes in his NHL stint. Feels to me like some people are stuck on wanting other players selected in his draft and judge him more harshly.
PPG in AHL doesn't define a good Dman.
Broberg needs to be more assertive in defensive zone if he wants to stick as a NHL regular. People expecting him to become a top 4 Dman (top pairing Dman) may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Would be interesting to see if/how Broberg catches up to Kulak in the next 4 yrs.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
People need to stop labelling Broberg a bust because we didn't draft Zegras or Caufield or Boldy etc..

Broberg is actually relatively on the same 'curve' to the NHL as Bouchard is. Likely ready to play his first full season with the Oilers, 3 years after being drafted.

I'd like to see 3 things from Broberg this year:
- Be a mainstay with the Oilers this year. (70 games+)
- Average 15 to 16 minutes per game
- Be more physical / add some size.

No real expectations for points. The power play minutes are likely going to Bouchard, Barrie and maybe Nurse. If anything I'd love to see him be able to solidify some minutes on the penalty kill.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
People need to stop labelling Broberg a bust because we didn't draft Zegras or Caufield or Boldy etc..

Broberg is actually relatively on the same 'curve' to the NHL as Bouchard is. Likely ready to play his first full season with the Oilers, 3 years after being drafted.

I'd like to see 3 things from Broberg this year:
- Be a mainstay with the Oilers this year. (70 games+)
- Average 15 to 16 minutes per game
- Be more physical / add some size.

No real expectations for points. The power play minutes are likely going to Bouchard, Barrie and maybe Nurse. If anything I'd love to see him be able to solidify some minutes on the penalty kill.
Not sure if being on the same trajectory as Bouchard is a good thing. Bouchard was good offensively but fringe NHL/AHL Dman otherwise

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
might be on opposite side of this, but last year I thought Bouchard was one of our best defenseman and I thought the general consensus was most believed he will take another step forward this year
Defensively? Bouchard IMO was our worst Dman and it includes Russell and Keith.
He should take a step forward this year for sure with all the experience gained.

Broberg is decent enough but I just don't see the hype aside from his tendency to jump up in rush and go to the net. Hopefully he adds strength so he could be a bit more assertive in front of the net and in the corners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad