Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Neither

RHP's upside is an AHL top line player/NHL 4th line tweener

I like the fact that he is a good role model around our better prospects but he has almost no value as a player at the NHL level.

Mysak is similar but with more upside to actually stay in the NHL but he will have to continue to improve his skating.

I would easily take Struble, Smilanic and Tuch over these two

Struble is a write-off, he missed too much time to injuries.

Smilanic and Tuch are both in the same both, bottom liners. I think you underrate RHP, he is a useful player and could probably carve out a career in the NHL.
I'm not high on Struble (not sure if Habs will sign him), but the other 4 I like (RHP, Mysak, Tuch & Smilanic)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Struble is a write-off, he missed too much time to injuries.

Smilanic and Tuch are both in the same both, bottom liners. I think you underrate RHP, he is a useful player and could probably carve out a career in the NHL.

Hughes recently mentioned Struble as a significant prospect, calling him a write-off is incredibly obtuse.

RHP is small and doesn't skate well.......he is just organizational depth. Smilanic is over six feet and can flat out fly, maybe he works out maybe he doesn't but at least he has the potential to play up in the lineup.....same goes for Tuch who is bigger but not as fast.

Players like RHP who have zero upside are only valuable as depth that can be had for free at minimum salary on the waivers or as free agents. Therefore he barely even qualifies as a legitimate prospect imo and has little importance to the rebuild other than helping better prospects on their path to passing him on the depth chart.

Struble, Tuch and Smilanic all have the potential to be key players for the organization to varying degrees.......I do not believe that RHP has any real chance to do the same.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think he could be a quality top 4 dman and I think he was exceptional in the NCAA
How many games have you watched in the NCAA? He was very good at moving the puck, and even defensively but when he got to the Ozone, to me, it looked like he either was a coached offensive player or he just didnt have any creativity at all.

I dont see much more offense than Mete. Similar player, Harris is just better defensively and a tad bigger. Theres value obviously, I also think he could be used in a top 4, but I dont see a situation where hes the man on a pairing in the top four and then you start to ask yourself... if hes not the man, what kind of player can he be a partner to? Maybe a guy like Hedman or Weber, but these guys are almost non-existant in the NHL these days. Theres Nic Hague and Seider but both these guys are better than Harris will ever be at moving the puck up ice.

I see Harris as a Kulak level player with slightly better transition. Kulak got the bulk of his points on transition and didnt have the shooting to get pucks through (like Jordan) and was a very vanilla player playmaking wise (Like Jordan). Harris is better at exploiting empty space and challenging defenders but Kulak had a better (Yeah Harris has a muffin lol) shot.

I dont see a scenario where he is a top 4 D on a contending team unless his offensive development takes a u-turn.

Primeau is more likely to be a backup and Dobes still has a long way to go. Goaltender is by far the most difficult position to project because so much of what separates great goalies from career backups is solely between the ears. There are relatively very few goaltenders in the NHL that aren't quite easily replaced by FA signings and are true difference makers in a replacement model. We have seen many Cups won with a starting goaltender who is just a decent goalie (any decent goalie can get hot) who only needs to make the saves a goaltender is expected to make.

I really like both Primeau and Dobes but Goalie prospects really need to prove it in the NHL and they are typically late bloomers when they do so.

Harris quite easily for me followed by Beck and Heineman.....only then will I even start considering the goalies.
I dont disagree with anything here but a lot of the same can be said about bottom pairing Ds. In fact, journeymen starters are pretty much the bottom pairing Ds of goaltending. I see no situation in which Harris is a top 4 on a contender, I see situations in which both Dobes and Primeau actually cement themselves as true starters, not that it is likely, but it is much more likely than Harris having top 3 potential.

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hughes recently mentioned Struble as a significant prospect, calling him a write-off is incredibly obtuse.

RHP is small and doesn't skate well.......he is just organizational depth. Smilanic is over six feet and can flat out fly, maybe he works out maybe he doesn't but at least he has the potential to play up in the lineup.....same goes for Tuch who is bigger but not as fast.

Players like RHP who have zero upside are only valuable as depth that can be had for free at minimum salary on the waivers or as free agents. Therefore he barely even qualifies as a legitimate prospect imo and has little importance to the rebuild other than helping better prospects on their path to passing him on the depth chart.

Struble, Tuch and Smilanic all have the potential to be key players for the organization to varying degrees.......I do not believe that RHP has any real chance to do the same.
Were down to outside the top 10, I still have Hutson, Beck, Rohrer and Heineman over those guys.

RHP may be small and he may not skate well but his skillset isn't any different than Gallagher of the last two years IMO. Once Gallagher lost his skating edges he became a bottom liner, thats what RHP could be. You see zero upside in RHP, it is not factual its your opinion. I am not of the opinion that he has no upside, his inside game is good enough to reach the NHL, his defensive game is good enough, his "intangibles" are also good enough. His hands in tight and his deflections are insanely good and he has very good vision in tight that allows him a lot of nifty plays.

Kind of player that provides very good value if he can pan out in the NHL.

Now if you want to say that bottom 6er don't have much value overall and that you'd rather vote for a guy with higher upside like Struble, even if the chance is very slim, I could agree, I think bottom liners and the likes generally don't have a lot of value and theyre mostly all easily repleacable (I could even extend that to the 7 last forwards and the 3 last Ds on a roster).

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Having potentially Harris as our 9th ranked prospect shows how much this pool has improved in terms of depth, just in the past year.

Slafkovsky, Barron, Mesar, Hutson, and even Harris himself (him signing had everything to do with Bergevin being replaced) are all on HuGo. That's huge for just half a year in that role.

cbtitan

Oct 3, 2017
1. Juraj Slafkovsky, 84.1% (NA)
2. Kaiden Guhle, 86.2% (-1)
3. Sean Farrell, 47.2% (+8)
4. Justin Barron, 50.4% (NA)
5. Joshua Roy, 38.6% (+15)
6. Filip Mesar, 38.8% (NA)
7. Logan Mailloux, 37.5% (-3)
8. Lane Hutson, 54.8% (NA)

Current order to be added to poll (suggest who you want next):
Oliver Kapanen
Jan Mysak
Rafael Harvey-Pinard
Blake Biondi
Jayden Struble
Ty Smilanic
Luke Tuch
Frederik Dichow
Gianni Fairbrother
Adam Engstrom
Cedric Guindon
William Trudeau
Dmitri Kostenko
Jared Davidson
Xavier Simoneau
Joel Teasdale
Cam Hillis
Rhett Pitlick
Daniil Sobolev
Emmett Croteau
Petteri Nurmi
Miguel Tourigny
Joe Vrbetic
Lucas Condotta
Nate Schnarr
Alexander Gordin
Brett Stapley (rights expire August 15)
Jack Gorniak (rights expire August 15)
Jack Smith
Arvid Henriksson

HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings
HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings
HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings
2018 ranking
2017 Prospect Info: - HF Habs Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings
Add Riley Kidney and Going next with Miguel Tourigny

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Harris no Doubt Add Mysak he played injured in CHL Play-offs! .R. Who is Roher? a Joke addition? I would Minus Norlinder and add Mysak-Tuch!

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Current order to be added to poll (suggest who you want next):
Oliver Kapanen
Jan Mysak
Rafael Harvey-Pinard
Blake Biondi
Jayden Struble
Ty Smilanic
Luke Tuch
Miguel Tourigny
Frederik Dichow
Gianni Fairbrother
Adam Engstrom
Cedric Guindon
William Trudeau
Dmitri Kostenko
Jared Davidson
Xavier Simoneau
Joel Teasdale
Cam Hillis
Rhett Pitlick
Daniil Sobolev
Emmett Croteau
Petteri Nurmi
Joe Vrbetic
Lucas Condotta
Nate Schnarr
Alexander Gordin
Brett Stapley (rights expire August 15)
Jack Gorniak (rights expire August 15)
Jack Smith
Arvid Henriksson

HFHabs 2021 Prospect Rankings
HF Habs: - Final 2020 HfHabs Prospect Rankings
HFHabs 2019 Prospect Rankings
2018 ranking
2017 Prospect Info: - HF Habs Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2016 Habs prospects final rankings
Prospect Info: - 2015 Habs Board Top 30 Prospects
Prospect Info: - 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings: 1st Annual Mike Cichy Award
Prospect Info: - 2013 Habs Board Prospect Rankings Final Results
Prospect Info: - Looking back at 2012 Prospect Rankings
So far i like the order!!!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Slaf and Guhle graduate this year, by next year, Hutson has the potential to be first on this list, depending of course on who we draft next June.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Harris has a comfortable lead
Saw that….i have Beck ahead of him….I actually also have Primeau ahead.

Beck
Primeau
Harris

I see Harris as a 5 and can step in easily as a top 4, but that’s where the buck stops!!

Beck has top 6 potential and will find himself on the 3rd line but will step in nicely when called upon top 6 duties.

And Primeau has potential #1 goalie qualities, I see a nice bounce back year for him.

If Slaf and Guhle graduate this year, by next year, Hutson has the potential to be first on this list, depending of ocourse on who we draft next June.
If he keeps growing and shows his potential this year with points galore in his stat sheet, like you said, he will jump at #1 with the aforementioned graduations.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Saw that….i have Beck ahead of him….I actually also have Primeau ahead.

Beck
Primeau
Harris

I see Harris as a 5 and can step in easily as a top 4, but that’s where the buck stops!!

Beck has top 6 potential and will find himself on the 3rd line but will step in nicely when called upon top 6 duties.

And Primeau has potential #1 goalie qualities, I see a nice bounce back year for him.

If he keeps growing and shows his potential this year with points galore in his stat sheet, like you said, he will jump at #1 with the aforementioned graduations.
I may vote Beck next even though I think logically Ylonen is better but I think Beck will win and I am pretty excited about him so it will probably be my last chance to vote for him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad