Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Jared Davidson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Schnarr is one year older than Hillis and has done better pretty much at every step so far.
As a prospect outside of the NHL one year older is a pretty big disadvantage when you're 23 on your way to 24. Schnarr AHL stats are awful for a guy having his experience. They are both European pro league prospects more than NHL prospects. If one of the two play in the NHL i'll be shocked.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Bizarre that Hillis would be ahead of guys like Schnarr and Condotta. I can see absolutely no logical reason to have Hillis ahead of Schnarr.

I watched both players a lot on Guelph. Difference between the two is Schnarr is a lot bigger and has a much bigger skill set. Hillis has the Gallagher style of play. Smaller, feisty and lot of heart.

I have both as long shots to play in the NHL but if I had to pick one it would be Schnarr.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hillis was overhyped by WTK and the board loves him for it, happens sometimes. Theyre both euro players, if that.

He was a good prospect who had too many injuries at critical times in his development.

Most annoying thing on this board is chest beating over a prospect not working out when the percentage is so low to begin with.

You're not a genius if you say every player on this list will bust because you'll have be correct like 80% of the time regardless of the strength of the pool.

Reactions: SOLR

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He was a good prospect who had too many injuries at critical times in his development.

Most annoying thing on this board is chest beating over a prospect not working out when the percentage is so low to begin with.

You're not a genius if you say every player on this list will bust because you'll have be correct like 80% of the time regardless of the strength of the pool.
No offense meant, youre right and wrong and its the nature of the game. In fact, its probably more of a compliment, people trust your opinion on prospects.

You know Im not scared to be wrong at this point, lol.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No offense meant, youre right and wrong and its the nature of the game. In fact, its probably more of a compliment, people trust your opinion on prospects.

You know Im not scared to be wrong at this point, lol.

1660127080083.png

Reactions: Mrb1p

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
As a prospect outside of the NHL one year older is a pretty big disadvantage when you're 23 on your way to 24. Schnarr AHL stats are awful for a guy having his experience. They are both European pro league prospects more than NHL prospects. If one of the two play in the NHL i'll be shocked.
If Schnarr's AHL stats are bad, Hillis's must be terrible? I mean I think Hillis is a long shot to make the Rocket this year, and this is his third and final year of his ELC. Outside of him taking an absolutely huge step up this season he seems to be headed towards Canadian University Hockey next Fall...

Edit:. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Schnarr is a good prospect, I'm saying as mediocre as he is, he's still pretty clearly a better prospect than Hillis...

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If Schnarr's AHL stats are bad, Hillis's must be terrible? I mean I think Hillis is a long shot to make the Rocket this year, and this is his third and final year of his ELC. Outside of him taking an absolutely huge step up this season he seems to be headed towards Canadian University Hockey next Fall...

Edit:. Let me be clear, I'm not saying Schnarr is a good prospect, I'm saying as mediocre as he is, he's still pretty clearly a better prospect than Hillis...

Hillis had 9 points in 24 games last year, it's not terrible.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Hillis had 9 points in 24 games last year, it's not terrible.
I feel it's going around in circles. Point is Schnarr was better at the same age throughout their careers. The guy I was responding to said Schnarr's stats in the AHL are very bad, so that means Hillis's are worse than very bad. You say Hillis's stats are not bad, that means Schnarr's are better than not bad. End of the day, Schnarr has always been better than Hillis, which is my point.

Schnarr just got his second NHL contract after his ELC. Unless Hillis has a very good season this year, I doubt Hillis gets a second NHL contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad