HF Habs: 2022 HF Habs Prospect Final Rankings

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Mailloux's team won't make playoffs, can he join Habs or Rocket this spring, like Harris and Barron did ?
Yes, normally. In Mailloux's case the league will have to approve his re-integration.

And actually, Barron joined the Habs from the AHL, not Junior, nor college. You might be thinking of Joshua Roy last year.

Reactions: zzoo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Point is the 2nd most important player on that team.

Nope. I would have it this way. Point is important but he's not more valuable than Vasi and Hedman. Regardless, I hate how their core is so good and locked up for years through their prime.

Vasi, Hedman
Kucherov, Stamkos, Point
Sergachev / Cirelli

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Yes, normally. In Mailloux's case the league will have to approve his re-integration.

And actually, Barron joined the Habs from the AHL, not Junior, nor college. You might be thinking of Joshua Roy last year.
My dream: Mesar, Mailloux, Davidson, Farrell, Struble, Roy, Kidney will join Rocket in spring and win the Cup.

Too bad that Beck and Guidon can't play in AHL yet.

Saku K

AKA Saku K.
Jul 28, 2002
3-Rivières, Québec
Visit site
Our 2022 draft is simply one of the best I have seen since following habs hockey

- Beck has an incredible beginning of the season sitting at #2 in goals
- Guindon is top-5 in scoring in the OHL
- Davidson almost 2 ppg, would be top-5 as well if he played more games at this pace
- Hutson doing what Hutson does
- Nurmi has as much points in 8 games than all of last year
- Mesar scoring at a similar pace as the top scorers on his team as he's getting started
- Rohrer has a good progression as well
- Engstrom has played all 16 games in the SHL and dominated their junior team
- Slafkovsky improves steadily after a slow start

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My dream: Mesar, Mailloux, Davidson, Farrell, Struble, Roy, Kidney will join Rocket in spring and win the Cup.

Farrell will be in Montreal for our playoff run ;)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

You don't have to be final year Junior to play AHL when the Junior season is over. Joshua Roy played a playoff game last year. Beck and Guindon are eligible.

Struble will probably not be top-6 on Laval even if he joins the team. The others wold have a chance to play in my opinion.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I like to think that this is the best Habs prospect pool in a long time but I also feel like that's said most years. I remember the excitement when the Habs had 7 players at the WJCs including the player of the tournament, Ryan Poehling.

Reactions: Nicko999

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I like to think that this is the best Habs prospect pool in a long time but I also feel like that's said most years. I remember the excitement when the Habs had 7 players at the WJCs including the player of the tournament, Ryan Poehling.
Every year it's the same thing. Our drafting has been so god damn awful and the bar set so low that the minute any player starts playing even remotely well or puts up points and people start creaming their pants and start with their " we have a great prospect pool !" bulls***t.

Wasn't it just last year that Roy, Kidney and Mysak were supposed to be our future? And the year before that Evans and Poehling? And the year before that Norlinder, Struble, Brook and Primeau? ( i can keep going on)

i don't yet believe we have a top 10 prospect pool as i still don't see any high end bonafide game changers.

I do know one thing though - if last years draft is any indication, there are certainly better days ahead and i can't wait until all the draft picks during the Timmins/Bozovins era are flushed out and the Hughes era picks take over. Then i can truly say we are improving.

Reactions: Nicko999

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Man were we ever wrong about Xhekaj!

I don't think we were wrong about Xhekaj. He was ranked there because we needed to see his play against men first.

Before the season, we didn't have the info to rank him higher because his play was against younger and smaller players. Wouldn't have been the first big boy to struggle in the pros after dominating juniors.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
8??? Who??

I'd have 4.5 since I don't think Guindon, Ylonen and Rohrer are over him. 50/50 on Heineman.

Thats not an easy prospect pool to rank so Ill do my best:

1-Slaf
2-Mailloux (kid is playing better and better and the upside is crazy high)
3-Guhle
4-Dobes (starter upside)
5-Mesar
6-Beck
7-Hutson
8-Xhekaj
9-Heineman
10-Farrell
11-Engstrom
12-Guindon
13-Ylonen
14-Harris
15-Barron
16-Rohrer
17-Roy
18-Kidney
19-Primeau
20-Tuch
21-Mysak
22-Norlinder
23-RHP
24-Davidson
25-Trudeau

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
8??? Who??
Skating, motor, defensive awareness all deficient, kid has too many red flags for my liking and I value the bust potential as pretty high with Roy. Kid will never play in a bottom 6 role since he doesnt bring enough energy, consistency, defensive reliability or physicality. If he ever makes it to the NHL, its going to be as a complementary player on a 2nd line. Personally Im not a believer, he has too much to overcome and isnt the type of player I like. Just finished to watch him tonight and his weaknesses are the same as last year, didnt improve one bit.

Slaf, Mesar, Beck, Heineman, Farrell, Guindon, Ylonen, Rohrer.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think Harris, Beck and Heineman would make a big jump up if the poll was made today.
For me the only things Harris has of a top 4 is the IQ and mobility, doesnt have the skills of a top 4, neither the size/strength/reach to compensate. I see him as a serviceable bottom pairing defenseman, no more.

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
1. Farrell
2. Hutson
3. Beck
4. Mailloux
5. Barron
6. Mesar
7. Roy
8. Ylonen
9. Heineman
10. Kidney

Last edited:

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
That was Nick Suzuki's tournament year. And Romanov. Good year for the Habs.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
The Montreal Canadiens have seen a significant amount of their prospects graduate to the NHL this year, meaning it's time for a new Canadiens Prospect Rankings.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The Montreal Canadiens have seen a significant amount of their prospects graduate to the NHL this year, meaning it's time for a new Canadiens Prospect Rankings.

nice list, I can see why you have Barron that high but I still not sure what he is yet as I didn't get to see any of him before he was traded here and since it's been a very mixed bag between the Habs and Laval, some very good things offensively but some questionable decisions in his own end have been concerning.

In my rankings I had Heineman, Barron, Engstrom all neck and neck at 7th, 8th and 9th, was tough to pick between the 3 since this year with so many prospects it's just been too hard to have time to see as much of all of them as I'd like or would be used to in a normal year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad