Prospect Info: 2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings #5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m surprised I see people mentioning Thrun’s name in some of these threads and none mentioning LaCombe really. I prefer Jackson personally out of the two. Better physical tools and more potential offense at the next level

Went Perreault here though - the obvious choice to me

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah after thinking about it I'm changing my vote to Vaaks from Perreault.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I changed my vote to Vaaks because i think he currently has more value than Perreault by slim amount though.

I'm voting based on which one holds the most value as a prospect. McTavish was obviously most valuable, then Mintyukov, then Zellweger, then Dostal. Skaters simply hold more value as a commodity than a goalie unless its a Askarov/Knight/Wallstedt level prospect.

Thrun and LaCombe hold less value atm because their of signing issue. If one of them does sign then their value jumps up a lot. Even if one of them signs, there is still a chance they don't pan out.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Not counting the 2023 or later drafts, there is a very reasonable chance that a guy not voted in the next 5 becomes better than any of these guys... and unlike a lot of other prospect pools, that's not because everyone in that range will be AHL fodder/fringe players either.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I changed my vote to Vaaks because i think he currently has more value than Perreault by slim amount though.

I'm voting based on which one holds the most value as a prospect. McTavish was obviously most valuable, then Mintyukov, then Zellweger, then Dostal. Skaters simply hold more value as a commodity than a goalie unless its a Askarov/Knight/Wallstedt level prospect.

Thrun and LaCombe hold less value atm because their of signing issue. If one of them does sign then their value jumps up a lot. Even if one of them signs, there is still a chance they don't pan out.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
In a perfect world I pick Vaaks, but the gap shrunk due to his play after "the hit" and I want to see if he is able to shake that off with a fresh start this season. If it's more of the same, I think Perreault has the edge...so my vote for Perreault reflects that unknown.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I've watched Thrun quite a bit and if he reaches realistic potential it's literally Vaaks (which is why I voted him). Both aren't flashy big point producers but are minute munchers that are solid at everything.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
This is a tough choice for me. Do you go with the floor player lower ceiling player (Vaaks) or do you go with the higher ceiling and lower floor (Perreault). It's close, but I'm picking Perreault. His floor isn't too much lower than Vaaks and he had a pretty solid year in the AHL. Perreault has top 6 written all over him right now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If the glowing reports from scouts, coaches around his league and team Canada brass are all to be trusted, I think Gaucher should factor into the discussion here before too long.
I think part of why he was liked by scouts was that he was a safe pick. It's pretty clear that he will be an NHL player but we don't know how good. In contrast, if scouts take the risk and a player doesn't get to the NHL, they get a bad rep. For me right now there are too many question marks about his offensive awareness/skills.

Anyway, I'm picking Perreault, he can rip the puck if needed, he is scoring at a respectable pace on a bad AHL team as a teenager and it looks like he has some nasty in him (albeit ofc he is a bit undersized).

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I've watched Thrun quite a bit and if he reaches realistic potential it's literally Vaaks (which is why I voted him). Both aren't flashy big point producers but are minute munchers that are solid at everything.
Along with that IF, he has to sign with the Ducks which isn't a guarantee.

Since his previous interview sounded likes he's more likely to not sign than LaCombe, I pick Luneau and Warren before Thrun. Warren I like alot and see a high floor to be that big and fast physical Dman.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Along with that IF, he has to sign with the Ducks which isn't a guarantee.

Since his previous interview sounded likes he's more likely to not sign than LaCombe, I pick Luneau and Warren before Thrun. Warren I like alot and see a high floor to be that big and fast physical Dman.
I mean at the time of the poll he is a ducks prospect….. not sure he should be deranked due to college loophole

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I mean at the time of the poll he is a ducks prospect….. not sure he should be deranked due to college loophole
Which one holds more value as a trade chip ? The one likely to not sign or the one who's just been drafted in the 2nd round. With the Ducks D prospects he's probably better off not signing, guys like Helleson are ahead of him and when time comes Mintykov will be given priority over him at LD.

Perhaps Boston might value Thrun more because it's his hometown team and thinks it can sign him.

LaCombe seems more likely to sign with what he's said.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Which one holds more value as a trade chip ? The one likely to not sign or the one who's just been drafted in the 2nd round. With the Ducks D prospects he's probably better off not signing, guys like Helleson are ahead of him and when time comes Mintykov will be given priority over him at LD.

Perhaps Boston might value Thrun more because it's his hometown team and thinks it can sign him.

LaCombe seems more likely to sign with what he's said.

The poll is not trade value, its a prospect ranking.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The poll is not trade value, its a prospect ranking.
Yes i know that.
Dostal didn't go as high on these polls because he's a goalie, not because of his talent and success as a prospect.
If it was truly about a prospect ranking, than what he has accomplished and talent level he would have gone higher. Thrun's upside looks like Vaaks, there is a chance he doesn't even reach that. If he had a higher upside than that then i'd rank him higher.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Yes i know that.
Dostal didn't go as high on these polls because he's a goalie, not because of his talent and success as a prospect.
If it was truly about a prospect ranking, than what he has accomplished and talent level he would have gone higher. Thrun's upside looks like Vaaks, there is a chance he doesn't even reach that. If he had a higher upside than that then i'd rank him higher.

He was ranked lower because he is a goalie and goalies are super weird.
Lets look at Jacob Markstrom. He was the #1 prospect in the NHL by most media outlets and he didn't become a starter until 10 years after he was drafted and he had his best year as a goalie at age 32.

They are very hard to predict.

It has nothing to do with his trade value.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Vaks. Perrault is enticing and has the higher upside, but I don't think he hits his ceiling. Vaks still has developing to do, but he can already slot into the 2nd pair (whether or not that's a suitable place for him is a different story). Come on hockey gods, let him become the Lydman to Drysdale's Lubo!

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I would assume we would try to shop the rights to sign Thrun if it was clear he wouldn't sign with us. That's worth at least a mid round pick to most given that he could be ready to play in 23-24 and see games at the end of '23.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I would assume we would try to shop the rights to sign Thrun if it was clear he wouldn't sign with us. That's worth at least a mid round pick to most given that he could be ready to play in 23-24 and see games at the end of '23.
I doubt we get anything for him if he doesn't sign with us I'm sure there's a team he has in mind.

Reactions: Duck Off

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad