• Ian Moore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Also curious where Benoit ends up... I'm sure Warren will go higher but everyone here would be thrilled if he turned into Benoit Realistically.

My gut is that they'll be similarly ranked. I see them being slightly mirrored versions of one another, but maybe Warren gets the edge on his skating and Benny has an edge on toughness.

I'll probably go (being more muddled as we get towards the lower end):

Dostal
Perrault

Pastujov
Thrun
Gaucher
Luneau
LaCombe
Tracey

Vaak
Benoit
Warren
Clang
Colangelo
Moore

Also - aren't we forgetting about Colangelo?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
My gut is that they'll be similarly ranked. I see them being slightly mirrored versions of one another, but maybe Warren gets the edge on his skating and Benny has an edge on toughness.

I'll probably go (being more muddled as we get towards the lower end):

Dostal
Perrault

Pastujov
Thrun
Gaucher
Luneau
LaCombe
Tracey

Vaak
Benoit
Warren
Clang
Colangelo
Moore

Also - aren't we forgetting about Colangelo?
I got Vaak way higher than you.. I'm pretty sure he's right after Perrault for me but I don't even think he should be an option. He's already a solid #4D with upside in the NHL when healthy.

Reactions: GiveYouABagOfPucks

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Also curious where Benoit ends up... I'm sure Warren will go higher but everyone here would be thrilled if he turned into Benoit Realistically.
Disagree entirely with this. This is the logic that led to Groulx going above LaCombe last season and Volkov above certain players. You are choosing a low ceiling, almost maxed-out player over guys that have a lot of room to run

Reactions: Paul4587

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Disagree entirely with this. This is the logic that led to Groulx going above LaCombe last season and Volkov above certain players. You are choosing a low ceiling, almost maxed-out player over guys that have a lot of room to run
I think Benoit has proven a lot more than Groulx so not really. He's going to be even better this season, being paired with Shattenkirk sucks. And Groulx will end up being a Steel level player who was voted #1 by many here previously so anything is really possible on both spectrums.

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Benoit has proven a lot more than Groulx so not really. He's going to be even better this season, being paired with Shattenkirk sucks. And Groulx will end up being a Steel level player who was voted #1 by many here previously so anything is really possible on both spectrums.
Proven more, sure. But the point stands. What do you think his ceiling is? If you think it’s a #4, then I get your rationale. But if you think he tops out as a #5 at best case scenario, then I can’t see voting for him over Warren

Reactions: Paul4587 and Static

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Proven more, sure. But the point stands. What do you think his ceiling is? If you think it’s a #4, then I get your rationale. But if you think he tops out as a #5 at best case scenario, then I can’t see voting for him over Warren
I think Vaks will end up being a #3 and Benoit will end up being a #4-#5 depending on his partner

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’ve voted Zellweger for the last two, it was close between him and mintyukov on the last round and opted for Zell as I have a larger sample size on games watched for him and his play was so unprecedented, mintyukov has it all though in terms of skills, tools, and what not (Zell also has it all minus size). I just mainly went with Zell because I’ve seen more from him first hand.

Reactions: bsu and Static

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Vaks will end up being a #3 and Benoit will end up being a #4-#5 depending on his partner
Generous

I think Vaaks highest ceiling is 2nd pair guy on a weak team, and Benoit is prob a 6/7

I’d put guys like lacombe thrun Warren luneau above them

Reactions: c4rcy

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Benoit to me screams Brett Festerling. He didn’t exactly thrive in heavily sheltered minutes last season, he is a good depth player to have around but I don’t think he will ever be a consistent top 4 dman.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Benoit to me screams Brett Festerling. He didn’t exactly thrive in heavily sheltered minutes last season, he is a good depth player to have around but I don’t think he will ever be a consistent top 4 dman.
Could be, next year will tell a lot for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad