• Ian Moore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the third poll, I am voting for Olen Zellweger.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have to go with Dostal. He was impressive ever since we drafted hin, but last year he was playing for a bad system.

Next one would ve Zell for me

Reactions: Static

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
This is where it becomes tricky for me. Dostal has only continued to prove his value every season. The same can really be said about Zellweger but with less seasons than Dostal. I went with Zellweger but it's really a flip of the coin imo.

Reactions: Static

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would like to see more from Zellweger in the WJC.
For comparison, Dostal had 957 save% in WJC in his D+1 year (and after that season he went on to be the best goalie in Finland).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zellweger without hesitancy

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Dostal is a bit more proven given the sheer amount of pro hockey he has already played, but Zell takes this one for me. He is a grade A prospect and has been continuously making impacts on every stage despite lack of size.

It sucks to say but goaltending prospects never really get the hype they probably deserve unless they are near dominating the league they play in every year until the NHL. Dostal has had some ups and downs in NA, but I fully expect him to take another step forward and get maybe a handful of games this year.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Since Vaaks is listed (weird to me) and has already been a solid NHL player when healthy its going to interesting to see where he goes.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Since Vaaks is listed (weird to me) and has already been a solid NHL player when healthy its going to interesting to see where he goes.
I'll pick him before Thrun and LaCombe because they hold not much value atm because of signing issue and they likely don't sign with the Ducks. Vaaks being more proven swings it even further in his favor.

Reactions: Frosted Tips

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'll pick him before Thrun and LaCombe because they hold not much value atm because of signing issue and they likely don't sign with the Ducks. Vaaks being more proven swings it even further in his favor.
Vaakanainen is definitely right after Zellweger for defensive prospects if you are considering he is shown enough already that we would be excited if Thrun, Warren, Leneau, LaCombe turn into.... A solid everyday #4 defensemen. I'm more interested to see him vs our forwards prospects.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Dostal... i feel you could argue him @ 1 2 or 3.

Dostal, 4 years later and he still gets undervalued.

got to keep it going

Zellweger. A year later and he still gets undervalued.

Since they are head to head, one of you is wrong :laugh:

My vote as well for this poll is Dostal. Zellweger gets to play in WHL (amazing performance) and the WJC now so IMHO he gets a bit of recency bias.

Best player in his position in Finnish league, flat out dominant performance in WJC (that one year he even got sick, lost 10 pounds in days and still played - getting worse numbers than a year before tho, ofc), and stealing games in the AHL.

Respect to Zellweger, he is not a bad pick at this point, but I think Dostal is the right one here.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Thinking im going

McTavish
Minty
Zellweger
Dostal
Perreault
Vaaks

Last edited:
Reactions: Leonardo87

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Dostal is a bit more proven given the sheer amount of pro hockey he has already played, but Zell takes this one for me. He is a grade A prospect and has been continuously making impacts on every stage despite lack of size.

It sucks to say but goaltending prospects never really get the hype they probably deserve unless they are near dominating the league they play in every year until the NHL. Dostal has had some ups and downs in NA, but I fully expect him to take another step forward and get maybe a handful of games this year.
Great post

• Wow
Reactions: c4rcy

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Also curious where Benoit ends up... I'm sure Warren will go higher but everyone here would be thrilled if he turned into Benoit Realistically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad