• Ethan Bowen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the twenty-third poll, I am voting for Josh Lopina.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (+3)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Urho Vaakanainen (2022 acquired)
7. C - Nathan Gaucher (2022 draftee)
8. D - Henry Thrun (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (no change)
11. D - Drew Helleson (2022 acquired)
12. LW - Brayden Tracey (-1)
13. D - Noah Warren (2022 draftee)
14. D - Tristan Luneau (2022 draftee)
15. G - Calle Clang (2022 acquired)
16. D - Simon Benoit (-1)
17. RW - Sam Colangelo (-3)
18. D - Ian Moore (-5)
19. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (-11)
20. D - Tyson Hinds (no change)
21. D - Axel Andersson (no change)
22. LW - Sean Tschigerl (-3)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Ok I believe that makes every Ducks prospect either ranked or in the poll, can someone please verify I haven't forgotten about anyone?

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
@Static when Lopina loses again
1663834138336.jpeg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I picked Lopina and Hvidston will be next for me.

Seems that we could have a decent ranking up to 40 prospects :laugh:
Most of these remaining ones have stalled, ofc. But our top25 is 😍

Reactions: GunnarStahl

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lopina. Rememeber when we were higher on McLaughlin and Galimov ? I feel like those 2 have stagnated.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Galimov - actually playing in a professional league unlike the rest of the prospects (Sundsvik)
All Russians all the time once again.... Remember when you said you had Galimov as a top 3 prospect for the Ducks? Good times. We are at 23 and he has a whopping 4 votes.

Yes Galimov plays in a mens league. Yes he scores an incredible goal sometimes. But he is a lowly rated prospect. He barely gets ice time compared to every other prospect and his numbers arent that impressive. He has stagnated. Plus unlikely to come over to NA.

Just stop with your fascination with him.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
All Russians all the time once again.... Remember when you said you had Galimov as a top 3 prospect for the Ducks? Good times. We are at 23 and he has a whopping 4 votes.

Yes Galimov plays in a mens league. Yes he scores an incredible goal sometimes. But he is a lowly rated prospect. He barely gets ice time compared to every other prospect and his numbers arent that impressive. He has stagnated. Plus unlikely to come over to NA.

Who are you talking to lol Galimov a top 3 prospect???????????

Last edited:

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

That was just a couple months ago...

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Galimov - actually playing in a professional league unlike the rest of the prospects (Sundsvik)

He is also 23 and has not improved his production since becoming a KHL regular.

We are in the 20s for ranking. At this point throw a dart at the wall.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm missing something because I cannot see which poster you guys are talking about, but since you are mentioning Russian I have a good guess.

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Who are you talking to lol Galimov a top 3 prospect???????????

Quote from June by Smirnov2Chistov in the Galimov forum. We derided him for the most ridiculous take that would make Skip Bayless shake his head in derision. His defense of that take is a hell of a read.

Nothing concrete. I'm really excited about him. He's probably in my top-3 prospects that we have.

With the bleak state of our roster, he would have an opportunity to shine

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Quote from June by Smirnov2Chistov in the Galimov forum. We derided him for the most ridiculous take that would make Skip Bayless shake his head in derision. His defense of that take is a hell of a read.

I mean he's known for that (which is the reason I cannot see his posts).

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
I mean he's known for that (which is the reason I cannot see his posts).

Makes sense. I think he probably blocked me otherwise he would've responded to me already. Its one of the worst take on this website and I love to revisit it. Even worse than that Rangers fan who think Kratsov is god's gift to Hockey.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Sundsvik plays in the SHL. You mean Hvidston?

I meant Sundsvik. Had to edit the post because he’s also playing in an international league.

Makes sense. I think he probably blocked me otherwise he would've responded to me already. Its one of the worst take on this website and I love to revisit it. Even worse than that Rangers fan who think Kratsov is god's gift to Hockey.

Lol, again your riding my opinion. At this point, to me, it’s who is playing at the highest level. I don’t live on this site like many on this whole place

I honestly don’t care if you think highly of my opinion or not. Even if Galimov wasn’t on this list, I would vote Sundsvik since he is playing in the highest professional league. At this point, every prospect is a mystery box

It’s so hilarious you have this odd obsession with me liking ONE Russian forward

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016
Lol, again your riding my opinion. At this point, to me, it’s who is playing at the highest level. I don’t live on this site like many on this whole place

I honestly don’t care if you think highly of my opinion or not. Even if Galimov wasn’t on this list, I would vote Sundsvik since he is playing in the highest professional league. At this point, every prospect is a mystery box

It’s so hilarious you have this odd obsession with me liking ONE Russian forward
Im just pointing out the hypocrisy. You said that Galimov was a top 3 Prospect. But here we are 24 Polls later and he hasnt even gotten a 10th of the votes yet. In fact, I dont think Galimov even got a vote until Poll 15 which probably means you didnt even vote for the guy you said is a top 3 prospect?

Your reasoning about who has played in highest professional league means that Hunter Drew should be next right? Or Bryce Kindopp? They both played in the NHL last year! Thats a better league than the KHL so those prospects should be rated higher according to what you said, right?

I dont have an obsession with you liking ONE Russian forward. I just like pointing out dumb takes. He plays 12 minutes a night and has 1 Goal and 1 Assist in 8 games and is 23 years old. At this point, I think its pretty safe to say he isnt a highly rated prospect and is just average. Doesnt matter what league he is playing in. If he is this average in the KHL, hes not going to be good in the NHL...

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad