• Simon Benoit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the second poll, I am voting for Pavel Mintyukov.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mintyukov, with my reasoning from the first poll. Very excited to watch his progression, but there is risk in his profile. He needs to learn defensive coverages and how and when to pick his spots in the offensive zone.

He has the confidence and skill to do things from the defensive position that we haven't seen here in a long time.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Zell for me. If he was a prospect for a big team he would be so hyped it is insane.
The only worry is his size and he seems to be like Crosby/Rossi and built like a fire hydrant. He is so good.

Minty is very exciting too. 1-3 is so close for me, I could be convinced of any order.

Reactions: Static

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mintyukov…. Think he was slept on pre draft…. I think he’s going to be a very good 2 way #1 dmen and a cornerstone on our defense for a long time

I think his ceiling is above mctavish, and voted for him in 1st poll

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Zell. Right or not, my decision is based mostly on the fact that I've seen more of him than Minty.
I like more sure things, so I voted McTavish in the first one, but thinking I'll go Zell because of this reason. I'll add to that the work ethic (not that Minty's is bad). Zell has that feeling of he'll do whatever it takes to succeed vibes. I like that a lot of our recent picks are good character guys in addition to skilled.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Mintyukov if he was on even a half decent team his numbers would be ridiculous. He led his team is scoring as a rookie defensemen on a team as bad as the ducks were post trade deadline. Watching his teams games were literally a chore.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mintyukov if he was on even a half decent team his numbers would be ridiculous. He led his team is scoring as a rookie defensemen on a team as bad as the ducks were post trade deadline. Watching his teams games were literally a chore.
Yep idk how he didn’t get more love than Clarke did out of his draft year…. Mintyukov is gunna be a stud

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’d go with Mintyukov. He’s go the entire package and can develop into something special. I’ll get flack for it, but I just don’t see Zellweger being as efficient in all defensive areas like Minty can.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Can pretty much just quote the bolded for me as why I went with Mintyukov by a hair

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Went with Minty, feel he very well could be Lindholm’s replacement with an even higher potential. Have to develop this kid right.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad