• Connor Hvidston

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Glad you're not our GM. 10%? Lol okay. This is HFBoards as a post. I will say this is a big year for Mahura and Benoit. I'll take the NHL player especially when he plays a game we desperately need and most important he understands his role. Steel was voted #1 on here and I'd take Benoit over him at this point so all the rankings can end up anywhere that's the fun in it. Taking a player that has 10% of "being good" as the 14th best prospect in our organization over an everyday NHL player is interesting logic though for sure.
I mean none of us have any pedigree to be gm… that’s why we argue on hockey forums for free.

Reactions: Elvs and Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mean none of us have any pedigree to be gm… that’s why we argue on hockey forums for free.

Replace boat with NHL player and we have a lot of HFBoards logic when it comes to prospects and picks. We're all guilty of it.

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Cept I wouldn’t call Benoit/mahura/Vaaks etc a boat
I'd consider any person that makes it to the NHL, a boat. That's a hard feat, many "higher" prospects never play a single game. That's the point of playing hockey almost daily for your entire life & every hockey players dream.

Lets use history and take a look at a previous poll and see how many NHLers panned out after the top 10

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I think that’s the issue here. We aren’t comparing boats with mystery boxes that could be boats. We are comparing a run down canoe with a mystery box that could be a boat.
Pretty, and his history post is irrelevant, Steel earned his spot at the top that season.... sometimes they dont pan out

Reactions: Paul4587

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
can't help crapping on Steel just one more time i guess lol
Not really just proving that the #1 person we all voted for didn't pan out and the further you go down the list the more chance you have of that happening. Twist things how you want I guess though. I'll bet anyone on here a easy hundred for example that Benoit plays more NHL games than Clang.

But yeah keep posting stuff like this instead of giving substance it's sooooo funny and witty thank you. Using an example of this exact voting from the past was a good way to look at things but I guess I'm just talking shit about Steel for sure :popcorn:

Last edited:

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Not really just proving that the #1 person we all voted for didn't pan out and the further you go down the list the more chance you have of that happening. Twist things how you want I guess though. I'll bet anyone on here a easy hundred for example that Benoit plays more NHL games than Clang.

But yeah keep posting stuff like this instead of giving substance it's so funny thank you.
i was making a joke chill out.

these ratings are mostly pointless anyways. majority of these players we're talking about most likely never make the nhl in any capacity. I like Beniot as a bottom pairing guy. does it REALLY matter where he's ranked here or how people compare him to Clang? not really, most likely both don't have a huge impact in the nhl. or maybe they do, we don't know!

if you don't like my posts, just block me. isn't that always your response to others?

Last edited:
Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'll bet anyone on here a easy hundred for example that Benoit plays more NHL games than Clang.:popcorn:

I don't think anyone is betting against you.

First of all, goaltenders tend to not play as many NHL games as skaters do, lol.

Second of all, like you are saying, Benoit is already in the NHL and is the safer bet.

However, if Benoit's realistic ceiling is a #5-6 defenseman, I'm taking my chances on a potential backup goaltender with starter ceiling. And if it turns out Benoit plays more NHL games, then so be it. Bottom pairing defensemen aren't exactly hard to come by.

Heck, just a week ago we acquired Kulikov for future considerations, which likely pushes Benoit out of the regular lineup to start the season.

Now, if you'd convince me Benoit has probable top 4 upside, it'd be a different story.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i was making a joke chill out.

these ratings are mostly pointless anyways. majority of these players we're talking about most likely never make the nhl in any capacity. I like Beniot as a bottom pairing guy. does it REALLY matter where he's ranked here or how people compare him to Clang? not really, most likely both don't have a huge impact in the nhl. or maybe they do, we don't know!

if you don't like my posts, just block me. isn't that always your response to others?
He’s got 0 chill….

Reactions: dracom

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'd consider any person that makes it to the NHL, a boat. That's a hard feat, many "higher" prospects never play a single game. That's the point of playing hockey almost daily for your entire life & every hockey players dream.

Lets use history and take a look at a previous poll and see how many NHLers panned out after the top 10

1. Sam Steel (+1)
2. Troy Terry (+4)
3. Jacob Larsson (-)
4. Josh Mahura (+3)
5. Isac Lundestrom (UR)
6. Maxime Comtois (+2)
7. Marcus Pettersson (+2)
8. Max Jones (-4)
9. Antoine Morand (+1)
10. Kalle Kossila (+5)
11. Andy Welinski (+2)
12. Kevin Roy (+4)
13. Benoit-Olivier Groulx (UR)
14. Blake McLaughlin (UR)
15. Olle Eriksson Ek (+6)
16. Jack Kopacka (+1)
17. Giovanni Fiore (+8)
18. Jack Badini (-)
19. Lukas Dostal (UR)
20. Jack Perbix (UR)
21. Kiefer Sherwood (UR)
22. Hunter Drew (UR)
23. Nick Sorensen (-4)
24. Brent Gates (-4)
25. Kyle Olson (UR)

Players outside the top-10 that played a game in the NHL:
11. D Welinski​
13. C Groulx​
19. G Dostal​
21. F Sherwood
22. F Drew​

Dostal has been ranked 4th for the past two HFBoard rankings. Dostal is 22 years old and Benoit is 23 years old. Clang is 20 years old.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2