• Gage Alexander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the thirteenth poll, I am voting for Noah Warren.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (+3)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Urho Vaakanainen (2022 acquired)
7. C - Nathan Gaucher (2022 draftee)
8. D - Henry Thrun (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (no change)
11. D - Drew Helleson (2022 acquired)
12. LW - Brayden Tracey (-1)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Went with Colangelo. His upside finally showed this past year. He was finally healthy to get in a long stretch of play time. It's gonna be interesting to see how he produces as a top line player for his college team.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I wonder where Regenda and Andersson get ranked? Andersson was a 2nd round pick in 2018, 57th overall and looked to be the best defenseman in San Diego last year when healthy. Regenda is a big 6'4 winger who improved his scoring in a men's league, Slovakia. Regenda couldn't break into the Liiga two years ago, so it will be interesting how he does in the AHL.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Anyone arguing about any pick between #6 and now is just doing it to do it. They are all interchangeable and all have risks one way or another.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Lol at Vaakanainen being so highly voted on. As generic and low upside as it gets
I'm just impressed that you've stuck around in HFDucks despite seemingly not liking any part of this team for what seems like at least the past 3 years.

Surely there must be some other team in the NHL that makes you less upset?

Reactions: JabbaJabba

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Lol at Vaakanainen being so highly voted on. As generic and low upside as it gets
First, I think he was rated too high in this poll, but really it is not a poll that anyone really pays much attention to. I view these polls as a way of filling in time during a very dull part of the summer. They are speculation by people with all different viewpoints.

Second, I think that he has potential as a third pairing NHL defenseman, which is not as low as it gets. Low would be an ECHL player who struggles to make it to the AHL. But perhaps you have a different definition of low.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wow, Warren has pulled ahead.
Now that you said that i changed my vote to him just so we can go to the next poll.
If he hits his ceiling we are looking at big+ fast + physical Dman who plays a lot of PK minutes.
However i do think he went before Luneau because all the big physical dmen were almost gone while with Luneau they were probably hoping he'd still be there and if he wasn't they already have so many Dmen prospects anyways.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
i dont really know much about prospects, but i just like his size since it's something unique for our prospect pool
If Bob Murray was friends with Madden, he probably told him how much he liked that he drafted Warren and Gaucher. I bet those 2 prospects were already high on their list when Murray was still the GM.

With how Geekie went only a few picks later i really wonder who Murray would have drafted.....maybe Bischel or Geekie ? He definitely does not pick Mintyukov there lol.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Now that you said that i changed my vote to him just so we can go to the next poll.
If he hits his ceiling we are looking at big+ fast + physical Dman who plays a lot of PK minutes.
However i do think he went before Luneau because all the big physical dmen were almost gone while with Luneau they were probably hoping he'd still be there and if he wasn't they already have so many Dmen prospects anyways.
It's two-fold. The first was that Warren was the last shutdown defensemen of the tier group (Bichsel, Pickering, Lamoureaux, Chesley, and Warren). The second was the lack of skating burst by Luneau, which was the reason he dropped.

I was predicting an OFD and DFD going into the draft and we did just that with Minty and Warren. Luneau is a luxury pick as a defenseman pick. I was hoping for an offensive forward with the 53rd pick like Rieger Lorenz, picked three selections later. Luneau's upside is 1st round quality if and only if he regains the ability to have burst to his skating.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If Bob Murray was friends with Madden, he probably told him how much he liked that he drafted Warren and Gaucher. I bet those 2 prospects were already high on their list when Murray was still the GM.

With how Geekie went only a few picks later i really wonder who Murray would have drafted.....maybe Bischel or Geekie ? He definitely does not pick Mintyukov there lol.

With all the previous interviews Murray has given us before, he and his staff track prospects from their D-1 seasons or earlier. I'm not sure if Gaucher would have been the obvious pick with Kulich still onboard, but Murray would have passed on Lambert as they passed on Raty last year.

A tangent on Kulich, I saw the Sabres' first round recap on YouTube and they were hot on trying to trade up for Kulich. Gaucher went 22nd and Kulick fell to Buffalo at 28th. I'm surprised that we didn't trade down knowing Buffalo wanted to trade up. Verbeek wanted Gaucher more than lose him.

As for our 10th overall, I'm not sure Geekie would have been on our radar as he gave Nick Ritchie vibes. Minty has that "late riser" talent that Murray loves, but then there offensive talents like Nazar, Ostlund, and Kemell. Minty probably would have been the same pick b/c Murray does love defensemen.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I’ve been voting Warren for a while now, he has a profile that is well in line with players like Cernak and Carlo (not saying he is a lock to reach that level, just that the precedent is there). And it’s hard to beat his physical tools and gifts.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad