• Artyom Galimov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
It's time for our annual Ducks prospect rankings. Each poll will run for 48 hours except in the case of a clear landslide. I will go to the top 25 and include a final poll where you can pick 5 honorable mentions. Please tell me who you want me to add in the replies. In the eleventh poll, I am voting for Brayden Tracey.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2022 Ducks Prospect Rankings

1. C - Mason McTavish (+2)
2. D - Pavel Mintyukov (2022 draftee)
3. D - Olen Zellweger (+3)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (no change)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Urho Vaakanainen (first year with organization)
7. C - Nathan Gaucher (2022 draftee)
8. D - Henry Thrun (-1)
9. RW - Sasha Pastujov (no change)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe (no change)

Our graduates and departures are:

Trevor Zegras
Jamie Drysdale
Alexander Volkov
Josh Mahura
Brendan Guhle
Jack Badini
Roman Durny​

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Helleson then Benoit then Tracey or Warren or Luneau.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I wonder when Sam Colangelo starts getting some love. Finally healthy in his short two-year NCAA career, Colangelo was nearly a point per game player as he scored 27 points in 29 games and finished second on the team in scoring. He needs to stay healthy so his development can be consistent.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I wonder when Sam Colangelo starts getting some love. Finally healthy in his short two-year NCAA career, Colangelo was nearly a point per game player as he scored 27 points in 29 games and finished second on the team in scoring. He needs to stay healthy so his development can be consistent.

He was quite invisible when I saw him
I think lopina is overlooked. He profiles to me as a defensive matchup player who will be an important fixture on the PK.
He is money on faceoffs. We will be pretty bad this year at that, so I wonder if he could have an outside shot for a cup of coffee. It would be crazy, but who knows

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He was quite invisible when I saw him [Colangelo]

When did you see him?

He was injured in his D+1 season (played only 8 games) and the early part of his D+2 season (played in 29 games). Here's a year end review for this past season from North Eastern Hockey Blog:

Sam Colangelo broke out in his second collegiate season, putting up 27 points (12 goals) in 29 games, showing to fans the skillset that made him such a coveted recruit and high NHL Draft selection. Colangelo, with his 6’2″ frame, showed elite ability to keep the puck on his stick and get off an NHL-caliber shot. Assuming Colangelo returns for his junior season, he will pair with McDonough to form one of the best high-end scoring combinations in the entire NCAA. McDonough and Colangelo will be joined on the wings by returnees like speedy sniper Gunnarwolfe Fontaine, who improved both his goal scoring and overall point production over the season.​

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
When did you see him?

He was injured in his D+1 season (played only 8 games) and the early part of his D+2 season (played in 29 games). Here's a year end review for this past season from North Eastern Hockey Blog:

Sam Colangelo broke out in his second collegiate season, putting up 27 points (12 goals) in 29 games, showing to fans the skillset that made him such a coveted recruit and high NHL Draft selection. Colangelo, with his 6’2″ frame, showed elite ability to keep the puck on his stick and get off an NHL-caliber shot. Assuming Colangelo returns for his junior season, he will pair with McDonough to form one of the best high-end scoring combinations in the entire NCAA. McDonough and Colangelo will be joined on the wings by returnees like speedy sniper Gunnarwolfe Fontaine, who improved both his goal scoring and overall point production over the season.​

I feel like Colangelo will get a bigger look this year - especially with Verbeek saying he's been having a bigger eye on the guys in college. His size and ability is the type of player Verbeek wants

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
When did you see him?

Some random games here and there.

He seemed to be coasting a bit and waiting for someone to do the dirty work for him which I didn't like.

I certainly am no expert or have seen enough of him tho.

Reactions: bsu

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Went with Luneau but I almost went Colangelo, he'll be next. Not that i've been impressed with his development so far, but I always considered him a long term power forward. He could be valuable if he continues to grow into his body and learns how to use it to his advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad