Euro Hockey Tour: 2022 Czech Hockey Games, 28 April–1 May 2022. Austria/Sweden/Finland/Czechia

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Why on earth is Austria part of it ? Austria invited over Slovakia/USA/Canada/Denmark/Norway/Switzerland/Latvia/Germany. :huh:

PosTeamPldWOTWOTLLGFGAGDPts
23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png
Austria
23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png
Czech Republic
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png
Sweden

Reactions: Mestaruus

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Next door? Short drive? Short notice.

I have no idea either ftr.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Yeah, I would've thought Slovakia or Germany being the obvious choices to replace Russia as they are the neighbouring countries of the highest standard. But it is probably as @Czechboy suggested, it was short notice and they probably had other games/tournaments planned at the same time

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
What, is that true about Austria being in it? I check a lot of sport news and some how I missed that one. It kind of sucks that the opponent isn't higher level although now when I said this Austria will probably beat one of the teams.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What, is that true about Austria being in it? I check a lot of sport news and some how I missed that one. It kind of sucks that the opponent isn't higher level although now when I said this Austria will probably beat one of the teams.

I hadn't even considered that Russia was suspended and would be replaced until I read this thread 🤣

For what it's worth, I just looked it up and Switzerland will replace Russia for Beijer Hockey Games

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
I hadn't even considered that Russia was suspended and would be replaced until I read this thread 🤣

- so what you're saying is that you haven't noticed that World War III has practically begun and russia is the agressor?

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
- so what you're saying is that you haven't noticed that World War III has practically begun and russia is the agressor?

No, I just hadn't thought about this tournament that much. Just that there was a couple of exhibition games in the schedule, so I hadn't gotten to the point, "yeah, Russia have to be replaced".

Reactions: Czechboy

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Austria is a nice addition. They will be a dead last but who cares? You never see Austria playing nowadays when they are mostly stuck in Division 1A.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Why wouldn't they pick a team they have to play against on WC? Sure, they should be able to beat Austria, but more they know, easier the win is.
But normally you must put Slovakia, Switzerland or Germany for Russia. Austria is a weird decision.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
But normally you must put Slovakia, Switzerland or Germany for Russia. Austria is a weird decision.
None of the teams you listed is playing in the same group at the WC. For me a perfect opportunity to once play against somebody else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad