2022 AHL Playoffs Watch

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
End of 2, 2-0 Chicago. A more evenly played period, but Springfield took a late penalty & Andrew Poturalski tipped in a point shot from Joey Keane to stretch the Wolves' lead. The Thunderbirds will have part of a 2-minute man advantage to start the 3rd, with their playoff dreams on the line.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Final Score, Final Game, Chicago 4 - Springfield 0. David Gust scored the Wolves' third goal on a pretty tip-in of a pass from CJ Smith. Then Josh Leivo scored an ENG to wrap things up. Shutout to Alex Lyon. The remaining Thuderbirds fans in The Thunderdome gave their team a rousing tribute after the final horn. :clap:

Reactions: PanniniClaus

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

Chicago is Calder City again

champs220625a.jpg

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
:partytime:😭 Crying so much i'm so happy. After more than 14 years of TV issues preventing me from watching a CC win, I finally got to see one.

Now can my Avs do the same? 🙏
After 14 years of TV issues, I'd skip the party & be on the phone to hire a new repair guy. :help:

G50

May 21, 2011
Near the Wolves, IL
After 14 years of TV issues, I'd skip the party & be on the phone to hire a new repair guy. :help:
It was the channel in particular they were using at the time, called CN100. The tv itself was fine, but CN100 just rarely worked in my area for some reason.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Championship sets Wolves up for future success

June 26, 2022
By Patrick Williams, TheAHL.com

A Friday in November might seem like an unlikely time for a team to begin a run to the Calder Cup.

But Ryan Warsofsky believes that his club truly started its path on the night after U.S. Thanksgiving in Grand Rapids.

On Nov. 26, the Wolves were having a bad night. Two quick first-period goals put them down 2-0. Another goal in the second made it 3-0 for the Griffins. Warsofsky was not a happy head coach.

"We challenged this group to see how competitive we could be,” Warsofsky recalled. ...

Read more at:

Springfield Thunderbirds didn’t raise the Calder Cup but revived hockey in a successful season

Matt Vautour, MassLive.com
Published: Jun. 25, 2022, 10:52 p.m.

SPRINGFIELD — The fairy tale ending didn’t happen. The idea that the Thunderbirds could go from 2020-21′s COVID hibernation to a Calder Cup championship would have been a perfect, tidy, happily-ever-after storyline for Springfield.

But reality and the Wolves didn’t comply. ...

But even as the final seconds ticked off ending the season, it was hard to think of the night as a loss and impossible not to see the season as a huge victory for the franchise and hockey in the city.

On June 25 — over a month after the Bruins’ season ended and after most hockey cities at every level had melted their ice for the summer — there was a game in Springfield. ...

Read more at:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad