Prospect Info: 2022 31st Overall Pick | LW Isaac Howard

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
People are already hating on this kid because he dared to go off the hockey cliché script and had some fun in an interview. For as much as hockey fans bitch about players' lack of personality, they are insanely terrified whenever anyone shows even a tiny bit of it.

Love the pick.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
People are already hating on this kid because he dared to go off the hockey cliché script
I think it's more prove who you are first

Then go off like Kuch or Vasy or Serge... this guy has done nothing. Yet.

To me, it's a LOT like Kadri wearing a t-shirt emulating Kuch's #1BS from last year. Who is Kadri again? What has he done? Oh you mean the little punk that does nasty shit on ice and was part of a team that won the cup? But no Hart, Conn mentions?

Be great first then go be brash

Reactions: ultra63

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think it's more prove who you are first

Then go off like Kuch or Vasy or Serge... this guy has done nothing. Yet.

To me, it's a LOT like Kadri wearing a t-shirt emulating Kuch's #1BS from last year. Who is Kadri again? What has he done? Oh you mean the little punk that does nasty shit on ice and was part of a team that won the cup? But no Hart, Conn mentions?

Be great first then go be brash

That entire interview was tongue in cheek though, I didn’t sense any seriousness at all in him. He did it because he’s a dorky 18 year old who probably plays D&D and is a big Will Ferrell fan.

Anybody who is called “Iceman” and is that self amusing is probably hella fun to hang out with, and from my little bit of research into the matter it seems to be the case that his like minded bratty teenage teammates love him for it.

Great pick IMO, we’ve seen our fair share of self absorbed dbags to know the difference at this point

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I have a hard time believing we draft him if he was actually a conceited jerk. This is more like Pat Maroon where he says ridiculous shit but is a good teammate in the locker room.

Reactions: DFC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Isaac Howard became known as the "Ice Man" of the United States National Team Development Program this season.

"I like to be cold [blooded] out there on the ice," the winger explained. "Steady and burying goals."

It's not a new nickname.

"My dad called me that as a kid because I was always around the rink," Howard said. "And now it picked up again. I was talking to [teammates Lane] Hutson and [Logan] Cooley and we made nicknames for each other and it stuck. I like the nickname."
TSN: Who are your NHL role models?

Howard: "I like watching wingers Nikita Kucherov, Jake Guentzel, and Artemi Panarin. They're all wicked smart offensively, can find guys, always know where the play's going and those guys can all finish."
TSN: Where do you think you fit in with this year's draft class?

Howard: "I'm one of the best offensive players, for sure. I don't think my size [5-foot-10] is a negative. I've never felt smaller on the ice. I have a pretty sturdy frame. I'm 183 [pounds] right now which is pretty sturdy for my size. I'm one of the best goal scorers and one of the best overall offensive guys. That's how I view myself in the draft."
Howard: "(Rutger McGroatry's) a clown. Me and him feed off each other when we're at the rink. Say it's a Monday and everyone's dead, me and him are the energetic ones still buzzing around the rink. So, he's a clown."

TSN: You guys are pranksters?

Howard: "We're just always energetic and competitive. For the most part we're on separate teams in practice. If we're doing a three-on-three drill or whatever, both of us want to win so bad and we're chirping the other team and each other and all that. It made it fun."

Frank Nazar:
TSN: So, let's finish with some word association when it comes to your teammates. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think of ... Isaac Howard?

Nazar: "Ah, man, I don't even know what to say. I'm going blank right now. For some reason I'm thinking 'wild.' That's what comes up on and off the ice, but in a good way. You never know what to expect off the ice from him. Like, sometimes he's saying something super funny and then on the ice he's just great. I loved playing with him."
Jimmy Snuggerud:
"Character. He's a character guy. He's a funny guy. He's kind of like, I wouldn’t say 'different,' but just a funny guy."

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I love this kid already.

This is not a Tony DeAngelo situation. This is a kid with personality, not a kid getting suspended by his own team for racial and/or homophobic slurs toward a teammate.

Reactions: JDBolt and JoVel

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I love this kid already.

This is not a Tony DeAngelo situation. This is a kid with personality, not a kid getting suspended by his own team for racial and/or homophobic slurs toward a teammate.
+1

I'm vague on the details but there's a story that Andre Roy once strolled around the plane or locker room naked (or something with his manhood hanging out) doing some kind of gimmick to lighten the mood of the locker room. I wanna say it was after one of the losses in the 2004 ECF/SCF and the guys loved it so much and it worked.

As the one on HF Lightning who jokes 80% of the time, if that kind of thing goes over well then Howard has nothing to worry about

Reactions: More 2004

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
The pictures they use of this kid make him look like a replica Brad Richards like what in the actual ****. There us no way other bolts fan don't see the resemblence.

Here's the photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220709-094632_The Athletic.jpg
    Screenshot_20220709-094632_The Athletic.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 18

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Easy there, Sonny Crockett... Guys who were cocky in their post-draft interview usually didn't quite live up to the expectations (Laine), or at all (Zadina, Ho Sang).

Reactions: ultra63

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The kid has swagger, let’s hope he’s not another head case like Tony D.
I frankly don't understand people comparing him to DeAngelo. He seems to like his dry sarcasm that'll either land on people or not. And since we're hockey fans there will be a lot of people who take that as being cocky and arrogant. DeAngelo by all reports was just a flat out dickhead.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
+1

I'm vague on the details but there's a story that Andre Roy once strolled around the plane or locker room naked (or something with his manhood hanging out) doing some kind of gimmick to lighten the mood of the locker room. I wanna say it was after one of the losses in the 2004 ECF/SCF and the guys loved it so much and it worked.

As the one on HF Lightning who jokes 80% of the time, if that kind of thing goes over well then Howard has nothing to worry about
Yep, it was Roy I think he was on the plane wearing just a jockstrap if I remember correctly? lol

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3