Prospect Info: 2022 31st Overall Pick | LW Isaac Howard

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Interested to see how long he spends at State. Another year would be optimal, but if this team figures it out and is in a playoff spot, wonder if he would be enticed to sign and get games at the end of the regular season and then in the playoffs. Another year of NCAA would likely mean less time needed in Syracuse once he signs.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Interested to see how long he spends at State. Another year would be optimal, but if this team figures it out and is in a playoff spot, wonder if he would be enticed to sign and get games at the end of the regular season and then in the playoffs. Another year of NCAA would likely mean less time needed in Syracuse once he signs.

The sooner we can sign him the better. I don’t want to take any chances.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Excited to see what State does the rest of the year and how Howard can impact their success. Maybe a deep run for the Spartans. Probably another year in East Lansing and then sign with us in spring 2025 for 5-15 games (and hopefully playoffs) at the end of the season.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
We could use him in the top 6 now(hopefully later in the year) and move Celly to the 3rd line where he shines. This would allow us to scratch Watson and rotate him in.

Reactions: ultra63

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The Gauthier trade is a good reminder of why we need to sign Howard asap. The longer we wait the more power is in the hands of the player. We’ve already lost Guttman and Walker. Sign him as soon as his season ends.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Howard is lethal from the slot and on the rush. Reminds me of Point and Kane a little bit.

He's got a really quick and sometimes deceptive shot. In the video above, they keep talking about how perfect a pass is to him, not realizing that he's changing his shooting angle or adjusting his body to make it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
The Gauthier trade is a good reminder of why we need to sign Howard asap. The longer we wait the more power is in the hands of the player. We’ve already lost Guttman and Walker. Sign him as soon as his season ends.
While I agree that we should work to sign Howard asap, Gauthier had no interest in signing in Philly for whatever reason (there are many options there).

I think Howard, or almost any given prospect, would be thrilled to play for Tampa given the recent history of excellence, leadership in the organization from top to bottom, teammates, fan base, location/weather, and many other reasons.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think Howard, or almost any given prospect, would be thrilled to play for Tampa given the recent history of excellence, leadership in the organization from top to bottom, teammates, fan base, location/weather, and many other reasons.

7th round pick Sammy Walker says otherwise.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Sammy didn't sign because they allegedly only offered him an AHL deal and not a normal ELC.
this is correct, we wanted to sign him in his Junior year but Walker didnt feel ready to leave college until his 4 years were up. no animosity towards Tampa, just didnt work out. and his father said they could only offer an AHL deal in which he decided to sign with the Wild instead

Reactions: RDTBay4

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
this is correct, we wanted to sign him in his Junior year but Walker didnt feel ready to leave college until his 4 years were up. no animosity towards Tampa, just didnt work out. and his father said they could only offer an AHL deal in which he decided to sign with the Wild instead
He didn't feel ready because most MN kids obsess over NCAA hockey and don't care enough about the NHL. Sad.

Anyway, I know Howard cares more about the NHL and I'm excited for when he turns pro.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Sammy didn't sign because they allegedly only offered him an AHL deal and not a normal ELC.

Ahh, I wasn’t aware of that particular detail. Good point, guys.

Reactions: RDTBay4

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Do either of you have a link to this?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Do either of you have a link to this?
'A dream come true': What Sammy Walker's impressive debut could mean for Wild
snip (43).png

Reactions: Major4Boarding

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Thanks! First time I’m seeing this. Kinda crazy. At first glance it looks like a bad case of mismanagement by JBB and not reserving a contract for him ahead of time. But then you look at some of the other ELCs they handed out in the spring - Jaydon Dureau, Ilya Usau, Bennett MacArthur and then Felix Robert later on, and I’m still confused about how they could only offer up an AHL deal. They had the space.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad