GDT: 2022-23 Western Conference Quarter-Finals Game 5 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @6:30pm (Series tied 2-2) 4/25/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
If we're talking about the problem of having a bunch of former players in the front office as an old boy's club, the absolute last thing we should be doing is bringing back any former King in any role outside of some minor development/scout role. Or else we're talking about doing the same thing, just with the allure of having people who won a Cup in LA instead of people who didn't.

There's a reason why we had our success when Dean brought in a bunch of people who didn't have longstanding ties.

But he also said the guys he brought in came from winning orgs. Teams who have won in the past and they had roles in that success. When he evaluated the front office, he said not a single guy came from a winning org, with guys having the same jobs for more than 20 years.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
No disrespect intended but if Lizotte is the Kings savior, then this team is in more trouble than it already is.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
But he also said the guys he brought in came from winning orgs. Teams who have won in the past and they had roles in that success. When he evaluated the front office, he said not a single guy came from a winning org, with guys having the same jobs for more than 20 years.
True but that's only part of it. A guy like Yanetti came from Toronto who wasn't doing much at the time

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If Lizotte can give you a 4th line that actually functions, it can make a difference.

TMac was playing him on the 3rd line though. Not sure what he'll do for the next two games.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Byfield

Jan 15, 2021
We will force Game 7 for sure

So it’s a matter of getting our timing and intensity right to go into Edmonton and send them packing

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
If Lizotte can give you a 4th line that actually functions, it can make a difference.

TMac was playing him on the 3rd line though. Not sure what he'll do for the next two games.
Hard to say if the line changes during the last game will stick. If TM goes back to the same top two lines that got us here, Lizotte would probably center Vilardi and Fiala while Iafallo moves to the fourth line. Either way, the fourth line will get a boost.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
1682705878903.png

Reactions: lumbergh and Telos

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Man Matt Roy was absolutely roasted by the NHL Network crew during their game breakdown. They just couldn't believe he gave Kane all that time and space to just walk in and score the first pp goal. "Too passive " was used more than a few times against their 2nd pp unit. Which is very true. Its been a theme on every pk. For f-sake, get out there and pressure those guys and not give them open lanes .
That’s probably the biggest knock on Roy. He plays well around the boards in general and has good gap control on the rush. However more often than not he’s caught spectating on a cycle. He’s weak in front of the net.

Reactions: kingsfan28

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Hard to say if the line changes during the last game will stick. If TM goes back to the same top two lines that got us here, Lizotte would probably center Vilardi and Fiala while Iafallo moves to the fourth line. Either way, the fourth line will get a boost.
Roll Grundstrom - Lizotte - Kaliyev as the 4th line.

Cannot win being afraid of the opponent.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
If we drafted Stutzle, we could have kept Faber.
IF… if we draft Stützle he gets a career ending spinal injury in his first practice…anything can be accomplished with IF. Ifs, buts and maybe’s guarantee nothing because it’s a huge assumption that everything else stays the same if we draft him, when it doesn’t. Maybe he’s a better player but given where development of forwards is at maybe he’s a 2-way winger on the 3rd line with no pp time. We will never know. No point worrying about if, we can only deal with what is now and what is next.

If we kept Faber maybe Spence and Clarke are gone instead….

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
TMac isn't the one assigning players to Ontario. If TMac were to be fired tomorrow the prospects would be handled the same way they currently are.
Most coaches work with the GM’s on who comes up. It’s absolutely Blake that has accountability but TMac has some responsibility also, almost certainly.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
IF… if we draft Stützle he gets a career ending spinal injury in his first practice…anything can be accomplished with IF. Ifs, buts and maybe’s guarantee nothing because it’s a huge assumption that everything else stays the same if we draft him, when it doesn’t. Maybe he’s a better player but given where development of forwards is at maybe he’s a 2-way winger on the 3rd line with no pp time. We will never know. No point worrying about if, we can only deal with what is now and what is next.

If we kept Faber maybe Spence and Clarke are gone instead….
Faber didn't even want to play here. Need to let it go...

Reactions: kinghock

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I like the Faber trade but the narrative that he didn’t want to be here is untrue.
Maybe it's easier to say that he preferred to be in Minnesota. I'm not sure what went down or what conversations were had, but I think we have enough substance on this to know that he ended up where he wanted to be.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Maybe it's easier to say that he preferred to be in Minnesota. I'm not sure what went down or what conversations were had, but I think we have enough substance on this to know that he ended up where he wanted to be.

Welp, if you don’t already know we finally have an answer to the old Brick Faber question.. he was indeed going to sign with LA after this season..

The Athletic said:
Faber’s parents say Kings general manager Rob Blake and his staff treated Faber like gold, and Faber was initially devastated last June when he learned he was dealt to the Wild along with a first-round pick for Kevin Fiala.

He was writing an essay for his computer ethics class and put his phone across the room so he wouldn’t be distracted. He kept hearing it buzz and finally got up to make sure nothing was wrong. The missed calls were from Blake. He called back and learned of the trade.

Faber quickly called his dad, who was shopping at Home Depot. Then his mom.

“He was hurt,” Karri recalls. “He asked, ‘What did I do wrong? Why don’t they want me?'”

“He didn’t know the business part of it,” Jay says. “I actually called Motzko and said, ‘I’m worried about Brock because he thinks the Kings didn’t want him.’ He said, ‘No, no, here’s how much (the Wild) wanted him.”

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Faber thing really is one of the best examples of something that was strictly just rumor and innuendo that just was just talked about so much it became accepted belief with literally zero evidence. The only thing that people references for having this belief was the special needs sibling. But Brock Faber is far from the only person in the NHL with a situation like that. The fact that he spent 2 years living in Michigan (same distance as LA to Salt Lake City) should have told us he was willing to move away for his hockey career.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
There has never been any indication he preferred Minnesota over LA aside from Kings fans coping or trying to make the trade look more favorable for LA (i.e. "he wasn't going to sign anyway").

Reactions: ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad