News Article: 2022-23 Season previews, predictions

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Karlsson, Burns?, Middleton?, Knyzov?, Ferraro?

Karlsson, Burns, Ferraro, and Middleton (if he sustains his performance this season) could all have been top four defensemen individually, I suppose.

However, it's still not a good top four because you have too much shaky defense in Burns and Karlsson, even if Middleton and Ferraro are legitimately good defensive players, and you have no pair you can really deploy for tough defensive minutes that isn't going to suffer a lot.

Anyway, two of those guys are gone and another possibility is out for the season, so our "competent top four" is really now "maybe a competent top pair if we're really lucky and thirty minutes of praying the forwards can hold the other team in their end."

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Did he really pencil in Lund as the 1st Line C above Bords, Bysted, and Hertl in 27-28???
I mean, thats a long time from now. Bords wont be a #1 center in the NHL. I hope we have someone bettwer than Hertl at that point.

I doubt its Lund but the time frame for someone to be #1 and Hertl to be #2 is about right

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist

Paywall. Part the third

LOL

That quote on the tweet in the pic... Oh really?!?! That's some stunning, high-end analysis right there.

"Sharks didn't score enough goals to win games last season."

Looking forward to part four: "Sharks let the other teams score too many goals last season."

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
LOL

That quote on the tweet in the pic... Oh really?!?! That's some stunning, high-end analysis right there.

"Sharks didn't score enough goals to win games last season."

Looking forward to part four: "Sharks let the other teams score too many goals last season."
Part Five: "Now I'm just spitballin here, but... If they could find a way to trade Vlasic, EK65 and Labanc without retaining salary or including high draft picks... And also get out of the EK9 contract completely... that could be helpful for their salary cap situation... Again, I'm just thinking out loud here, hehehe."

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
What should he say. That the team will suck. Even players on bad teams want to win.
Did you read it? Seems like he hit his head...

"I think that something that's been evident since Grier came in was high compete, high energy," Weatherby told Brazil. "That's something I'm trying to bring every day and work again to increase the motor speed that you can go at."

"Make sure every shift is hard competitive, here to compete. So I think it's going to start from day one of training camp and hopefully push through throughout the season."

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sometimes words like "compete" can lose all meaning...but sometimes, there is a point.

In those Darryl Sutter years, when the Sharks were sorely lacking in talent and just not a threat to win a championship, at the very least they did compete for every shift. It's very hard to quantify, but that is a team that left everything on the table and fought to its last breath; no quit.

In that way, this current Sharks's team is like the post-lockout ones, just with far less talent. They're too quick to throw in the towel.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Sometimes words like "compete" can lose all meaning...but sometimes, there is a point.

In those Darryl Sutter years, when the Sharks were sorely lacking in talent and just not a threat to win a championship, at the very least they did compete for every shift. It's very hard to quantify, but that is a team that left everything on the table and fought to its last breath; no quit.

In that way, this current Sharks's team is like the post-lockout ones, just with far less talent. They're too quick to throw in the towel.
Ive been saying this for the last couple years. You can be bad and entertaining but being boring and bad like the Sharks have been is just.....a recipe for disaster

Reactions: Hawkeye8 and DG93

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
NHL.com preview today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad