GDT: 2022-23 season game 9 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30pm 10/27/22

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Damn, we are really going to Kavalchuk Fiala after 9 games? Is this organization run by idiots?

Has he been great? Absolutely not, but he's played very much like Minnesota Wild Kevin Fiala, which is exactly what they traded for. The problem is he's not a fit with Kopitar (which MANY predicted before the season), the solution is not to put him with f'n Lizotte. Does this front office actually watch the games of who they are acquiring, or are they just looking at stats? Fiala is a improv rush player who will commit some dumb penalties, that's what he was in Minnesota and what he's shown this season so far. There is a major disconnect between who this organization acquires to play with Kopitar and who he's capable of playing with. Clown organization
That’s the most irritating part. Fiala has been better than Kopitar but Kopitar can play like shit with zero consequence.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Maybe, keep in mind my recall sucks...so I maybe misrembering it, but I distinctly remembering the top guy having to cover both points so the middle guy can cover the bumper, that's asinine.
It definitely happens at times if it's a quick enough move to cover both, but they rotate on a longer pass over

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
Don't forget the two dosy doing at the top of the circle doing nothing......Fiala is literally stopped watching the play.....

Maybe, keep in mind my recall sucks...so I maybe misrembering it, but I distinctly remembering the top guy having to cover both points so the middle guy can cover the bumper, that's asinine.
You need to rewatch the whole play again cause there's a lot wrong with that play, but Fiala is not one of them.

Reactions: lumbergh and YAYSAY

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Don't forget the two dosy doing at the top of the circle doing nothing......Fiala is literally stopped watching the play.....

Fiala was stationary for sure, but once Lizzotte made his mistake, it was Grundstrum who went to the boards, then really f'ed it up with his half ass clearing attempt. That 4th line on that shift was terrible.

Reactions: lumbergh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hated that shift because there were a LOT of mistakes before they finally paid for it.

The Lizotte one where he finally turned it over I felt he was tripped but I also don't want to blame that because they all put him in that situation.

Reactions: 21Dog

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
lol at Fiala being anything but a problem. Does he take chances , yes, but Kopitar can't keep up with him and Kempe when they try to make things happen. It's was said already, but age does affect your play, especially with all that mileage on him. It will only just get worse unless he gets his old linemate back. And we know who that is. AI

I don't see anything wrong with Kopitar eventually playing 3rd line minutes next to Byfield and Iafallo. Kopi's only role should be to mentor Byfield for the next 2 years....period.

The big issue is can Danault handle more minutes and will Vilardi be able to slide at 1C?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
lol at Fiala being anything but a problem. Does he take chances , yes, but Kopitar can't keep up with him and Kempe when they try to make things happen. It's was said already, but age does affect your play, especially with all that mileage on him. It will only just get worse unless he gets his old linemate back. And we know who that is. AI

I don't see anything wrong with Kopitar eventually playing 3rd line minutes next to Byfield and Iafallo. Kopi's only role should be to mentor Byfield for the next 2 years....period.

The big issue is can Danault handle more minutes and will Vilardi be able to slide at 1C?

Danault doesn't even need more minutes, he's handling the load just fine. 17-16-16-11 and can bump guys up a minute or two for special teams just means Kopitar is fresher and Byfield gets more of a rhythm.

Reactions: Mats26

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I hated that shift because there were a LOT of mistakes before they finally paid for it.

The Lizotte one where he finally turned it over I felt he was tripped but I also don't want to blame that because they all put him in that situation.

But that the thing, he created the situation himself, he made the wrong decision . He had time, went left when the right play was passing it behind the net. What happened afterward was all on him. They're not getting a shot from the left point if they're breaking out on the right side of the zone [see post 647].

Watching the Jets play last night, they were no better than they were against us. Very beatable. ARZ is a much less talented team than us and they got it to OT. The difference was ARZ didn't turn over the puck 4 times at the blueline and weren't stupid with the puck when they had it. Everything went north/south.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
But that the thing, he created the situation himself, he made the wrong decision . He had time, went left when the right play was passing it behind the net. What happened afterward was all on him. They're not getting a shot from the left point if they're breaking out on the right side of the zone [see post 647].

Watching the Jets play last night, they were no better than they were against us. Very beatable. ARZ is a much less talented team than us and they got it to OT. The difference was ARZ didn't turn over the puck 4 times at the blueline and weren't stupid with the puck when they had it. Everything went north/south.

I'm definitely not absolving him of responsibility. Just saying it figures the final nail was probably a penalty. But 100 self inflicted shotgun wounds before that and enough blame to go around, that's for sure.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm definitely not absolving him of responsibility. Just saying it figures the final nail was probably a penalty. But 100 self inflicted shotgun wounds before that and enough blame to go around, that's for sure.

That penalty was awful. Just straight up stupid in two parts. 1, TM putting the line out there in the first place, and 2, the penalty itself. Just no need. Shit like that used to get you benched the next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad