GDT: 2022-23 season game 81 LA Kings vs Vancouver Canucks @7:30pm 4/10/23

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I’ll take JT Miller on my team.

Kings are small and soft and are going to steam rolled in the playoffs.

Blake will need to look at Reaves, Lucic, Ritchie in the off season.

Deslauries said he was done with California - didn’t mention if the Kings specifically or returning to the Ducks.
JT Miller, Tom Wilson, M Tkachuk - those kind of guys are hard find and worth the extra cash to get them... since you dont have to burn a position on a 'tough' guy.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Adrian Kempe should not be fighting. You don't see Boldy fight in Minnesota.

This is what happens when there are no players willing to do it.

Even in Ontario, Lias Andersson doesn't have to fight because they have Gaunce, Gouldbourne (one of the most underrated minor league tough guys in the past decade), and Helenius. Yet to see what Krygier can do...

Jacob Doty is prob top 3 AHL tough guy and he's been hurt all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcsorley47

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Should be the starter game 1 IMO.

I think because it would be his natural turn, its the decision most in the flow without making a hard decision on who is the 'starter' for the playoffs. See how Korpi does and if he's shaky you can just pretend its normal platoon and start Copley.. if he's good you play him again which no one would second guess.

Reactions: lumbergh

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
I personally don’t care about the price of Reaves. Just get him.
Kind of stinks when they had Macdermid and lost him and now fans are wanting Kings to pay big for a Reaves.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I’ll take JT Miller on my team.

No you wouldn't.

His new contract kicks in next season @ 8 million/yr and runs all the way into 2029-30 until he's 37.

He's a locker room cancer, a head-case, and while you may take him on your team this year because our team lacks some feistiness you don't take him without that massive contract.

Not to mention the negative effect he'd have on all the prospects.

He's the last player I want on my team.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I understand wanting more toughness, but can we get toughness from players who can actually play hockey?
Right?

"Adrien Kempe shouldn't be fighting."
Also
"Matthew Tkachuk is the kind of player you love to have on your team but hate to play against."

Reactions: Nasti

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
I'm surprised(or not?) we're having this conversation again but team toughness does not equal 1 or 2 guys that will drop the gloves.

Let's hope Kempe being fed up with the bullshit that's been happening in game is enough to spark the rest of the team shift to shift. No doubt in my mind that the other teams will use the scouting report of the Kings crumbling under physical pressure to their advantage.

The Kings do however have a tendency to step up the physical presence in the post season. BUT, when you haven't been doing it for the previous 82 games it's probably a little harder to find that balance and rhythm of ramping it up. That's why it'd be nice to see some of that during the regular season.

Hats off to Durzi, can't hate the effort there but clearly some guys are cut out for the toughness better than others.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kind of stinks when they had Macdermid and lost him and now fans are wanting Kings to pay big for a Reaves.
Personally if I had to choose a players position to be a face puncher then it’d be a forward

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Well I don't think Blake will be signing a tough guy. Especially when signing Govrikov and Korprisalo are much higher priorities. He will have to dump salary I believe to get these two signed.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Right?

"Adrien Kempe shouldn't be fighting."
Also
"Matthew Tkachuk is the kind of player you love to have on your team but hate to play against."
The names that have been coming up recently are just mind boggling. Reaves, Kassian, still talking about McDermid like he was some legendary player. Hell I’ve even seen people advocating for bringing Simmonds and Clifford back. Why not sign McSorely to a 5 year contract while we’re at it?

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
The names that have been coming up recently are just mind boggling. Reaves, Kassian, still talking about McDermid like he was some legendary player. Hell I’ve even seen people advocating for bringing Simmonds and Clifford back. Why not sign McSorely to a 5 year contract while we’re at it?

Just teach an elderly Mike Tyson how to skate.

• Haha
Reactions: steepdrop

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I would take McSorley now over MacEwen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad