GDT: 2022-23 season game 72 LA Kings vs Winnipeg Jets @1:00pm 3/25/23

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He cross checked him in the face and Morrissey needed 18 stitches on his chin and the inside of his mouth to repair the the damage, it will be at least a game.
BLz take a seat.]
JADey! You read d?
Spence - but he doesnt have any grey hair
Yes indeed lol.
He looked great in the pp.
Tmac is obviously not comfortable with his all around play.
Wow max point potential is 114.
Just to hear that number...
The thing with Seattle is they win very few 2-1 , 3-2 games. They have to score at least 4 plus to win. In the playoff, every game is 3-2 or 1 goal games. 6 or 7 goals in a rarity.
Interesting point. You have been watching. Still a band of cast off underdogs can rally together and be dangerous as we saw from the team we hate in the adjacent state.
Don't be surprised to see Edler and Durzi rotating with maybe Durzi playing the home games .
Yes seems likely .
You want to have everyone going.
i agree with Ziggy, they should keep him out.
But they will likely stick to the plan.
State Farm called and he is gonna cost twice as much to insure for the playoffs.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Not into the McEwen thing. Grundstrum and Kupari create enough energy there, may as well have Kaliyev in there getting some chances. The reason most teams field a grinder line, is they do not have enough depth to field a 4th line that can score... Not true of the Kings. McEwen is an unnecessary addition.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
This team is rolling but we really need a measuring stick game against a top team before we all go fluffing each other
Um great point although your phrases make me wonder about you.
Lucky your name indicates you are old school and not woke etc. Lol
But going back in 2023 you can see the Kings lost to the upper echelon almost every time.
Scroll down.

Really haven't had the top tier since the trade deadline roster reinforcement.

So the upcoming games against the Pacific top tier in the midst of a position battle will be interesting.

Winning the Pacific gives the best chance for round 2, less wear and tear injuries and then to see if they can
exit the Pacific as top dog.

Even if they have loses and don't have position it still comes to what this team can do in the playoffs.

The GM has done well.

It is on the coaches and players now.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Such a fun and enjoyable experience watching this team since the TDL. Winning before that 4-6 weeks before, but was not very convincing at all. This is different. Even more so it seems with Durzi out. Not to pile on him. But it seems without it's just a better overall team fit for now as a whole. Fun stuff. Nice to also break the Saturday SO loss streak the last two weeks. Keep it up boys. GKG!

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Not into the McEwen thing. Grundstrum and Kupari create enough energy there, may as well have Kaliyev in there getting some chances. The reason most teams field a grinder line, is they do not have enough depth to field a 4th line that can score... Not true of the Kings. McEwen is an unnecessary addition.
To me he is not addition. He is subtraction.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
To me he is not addition. He is subtraction.
He is addition by subtraction of Pepe. This the guy you can get when you want to move Pepe. Not a lot of takers for a guy who mostly takes dumb penalties and is known for biting people.
When I see McEwen I see the guy that doesnt allow Todd to put Pepe in the lineup, so thats a win right there.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Kings have been getting run all year. Basically, they have been getting run for two seasons now since they lost MacDermid to the Kraken. Lemieux missed a big portion of last year, particularly when Tkachuk tried to bully the Kings. He also missed a big portion of this year before being traded.

If you look at all the playoffs teams in the West - they ALL have either tough forwards or tough D-men. The Kings have neither. Rob Blake finally saw this and gave up a 5th and picked up McEwen.

Edmonton - Kane, Nurse, Kostin, Desharnais, Bjugstad
Minnesota - Reaves, Folgino, Duhaim, Middleton, Dumba
Seattle - Dunn, Oleksiak, Soucy
Dallas - Benn, Domi, Marchment, Glendening, Dellandrea

I can keep going...All these players play tough and can throw down.

Maybe you fans don't remember how the game is played in the playoffs, but the current Kings roster, when healthy will get POUNDED. Gavrikov and Elder aren't bullying anyone.

The Kings won in 2012 and 2014 because they bullied teams with Richards, Mitchell, Greene, Nolan, Clifford, King....Those days are long gone BUT you can argue Blake went so far away from that style that he built too small of a team.

There is a reason he traded for McEwen, signed Kyrgier, drafted Helenius. The Kings are SOFT on forward and D.

The Kings got run by the Oilers in the playoffs and that was with Brown and Lemieux - both gone. They were playing every game. Lemieux and Kassian were battling all series and you can argue Lemieux did a good job keeping him in check later in the series. He also did what is expected - if Kassian goes after Byfield then go after a Oilers star player, and he did, in Barrie. The Kings don't have any forwards who play like either of them except Grundstrom.

This is going to be a short playoffs if Iafallo and Kayilev are on the 4th line.

Look at the Leafs - there is a reason why Dubas grabbed Schenn and keeps an old broken down Simmonds on the roster. Not to mention picked up Lafferty and Acciari.

The best team in the league, the Bruins, picked up Bertuzzi and Hathaway. They didn't pick up more skill. And they already have Foligno, Frederic, AJ Greer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper45

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He is addition by subtraction of Pepe. This the guy you can get when you want to move Pepe. Not a lot of takers for a guy who mostly takes dumb penalties and is known for biting people.
When I see McEwen I see the guy that doesnt allow Todd to put Pepe in the lineup, so thats a win right there.
You can move Pepe and not take anyone back. That wouldve been much better.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Im ok with McEwen not from a standpoint of him making us a better team but maybe teams that are out of the playoffs taking runs at our skill guys?

If he prevents 1 of our skill guys from not getting a season ending injury after the whistle I’m ok with it. Not that he will stop everyone from taking runs he will curtail it marginally I think.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Kings have been getting run all year. Basically, they have been getting run for two seasons now since they lost MacDermid to the Kraken. Lemieux missed a big portion of last year, particularly when Tkachuk tried to bully the Kings. He also missed a big portion of this year before being traded.

If you look at all the playoffs teams in the West - they ALL have either tough forwards or tough D-men. The Kings have neither. Rob Blake finally saw this and gave up a 5th and picked up McEwen.

Edmonton - Kane, Nurse, Kostin, Desharnais, Bjugstad
Minnesota - Reaves, Folgino, Duhaim, Middleton, Dumba
Seattle - Dunn, Oleksiak, Soucy
Dallas - Benn, Domi, Marchment, Glendening, Dellandrea

I can keep going...All these players play tough and can throw down.

Maybe you fans don't remember how the game is played in the playoffs, but the current Kings roster, when healthy will get POUNDED. Gavrikov and Elder aren't bullying anyone.

The Kings won in 2012 and 2014 because they bullied teams with Richards, Mitchell, Greene, Nolan, Clifford, King....Those days are long gone BUT you can argue Blake went so far away from that style that he built too small of a team.

There is a reason he traded for McEwen, signed Kyrgier, drafted Helenius. The Kings are SOFT on forward and D.

The Kings got run by the Oilers in the playoffs and that was with Brown and Lemieux - both gone. They were playing every game. Lemieux and Kassian were battling all series and you can argue Lemieux did a good job keeping him in check later in the series. He also did what is expected - if Kassian goes after Byfield then go after a Oilers star player, and he did, in Barrie. The Kings don't have any forwards who play like either of them except Grundstrom.

This is going to be a short playoffs if Iafallo and Kayilev are on the 4th line.

Look at the Leafs - there is a reason why Dubas grabbed Schenn and keeps an old broken down Simmonds on the roster. Not to mention picked up Lafferty and Acciari.

The best team in the league, the Bruins, picked up Bertuzzi and Hathaway. They didn't pick up more skill. And they already have Foligno, Frederic, AJ Greer.
Will you be repeating this every game until the kings either win the cup or are eliminated from playoffs?

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
Im ok with McEwen not from a standpoint of him making us a better team but maybe teams that are out of the playoffs taking runs at our skill guys?

If he prevents 1 of our skill guys from not getting a season ending injury after the whistle I’m ok with it. Not that he will stop everyone from taking runs he will curtail it marginally I think.
Hasn't stopped anyone so far. Vilardi and Fiala have been hurt. Not necessarily from cheap shots but McEwen is not really a deterrant.

And the smallest guy on the softest team in the league just cheap shotted the best defenseman for Winnipeg. What's happening here?

Reactions: kinghock

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lemieux did way more for this team last year than MacEwen ever will.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
That's so this team to have a guy just cross-check a dude in the face when said dude just wants a straight up clean fight.

They have no clue what to do in "violent" situations. What a stupid and wuss play by Lizotte.

Soft Hockey Hall of Fame inductee Jim Fox with a pretty embarrassing take on that play and all other physical plays today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad