GDT: 2022-23 season game 68 LA Kings vs New York Islanders @7:30pm 3/14/23

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
HE HAS ALL ALONG TODD

QUIT F ING WITH HIM

THIS MAKES ME SO GD ANGRY
No he hasn't, Kaliyev was hot dog shit his first 4-5 games back...hell might have been only 3......maybe he wasn't fully recovered....maybe he needed to sit...but f***, don't let logic dictate your thoughts at all....spare yourself that much at least

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
The playoffs is going to be even more physical….

Seattle - Dunn, Soucy, Oleksiak, Gourde
Oilers - Nurse, Kane, Kostin, Bjugdtad
Wild - Middleton, Reaves, Duhaine and Foligno

And the Kings are going to ice Kayilev on the 4th line to counter these players LOL.
The kings arent. Todd the runt probably will

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
No he hasn't, Kaliyev was hot dog shit his first 4-5 games back...hell might have been only 3......maybe ??he wasn't fully recovered....maybe he needed to sit...but f***, don't let logic dictate your thoughts at all....spare yourself that much at least
Why? Because kaliyev wasnt going into the corners? Because he wasnt acting as a policeman for lizotte?
You need to put on your pointy little thinking cap and observe That kaliyev is a pure scorer. His talents are wasted playing in roles the runt coach has assugned for him. As an analogy, does zibanejad grunt ? How about point?
The only reason kaliyev looked bad coming back was that your boy durzi refused to pass to him. And like most people you probably think that as a result of kaliyev size and stature he is automatically capable of more and is tougher and is generally more competent than others. Its a common fallacy.

Last edited:

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
I am a horrible lip reader.
Can anyone tell what Arvidsson said to Kaliyev on the Iafallo goal celebration last night?

(if this was covered earlier in the thread I apologize)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I am a horrible lip reader.
Can anyone tell what Arvidsson said to Kaliyev on the Iafallo goal celebration last night?

(if this was covered earlier in the thread I apologize)
"off? offside?" is my read

probably cause kaliyev made that extra handle on entry

Reactions: psych3man

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Why? Because kaliyev wasnt going into the corners? Because he wasnt acting as a policeman for lizotte?
You need to put on your pointy little thinking cap and observe That kaliyev is a pure scorer. His talents are wasted playing in roles the runt coach has assugned for him. As an analogy, does zibanejad grunt ? How about point?
The only reason kaliyev looked bad coming back was that your boy durzi refused to pass to him. And like most people you probably think that as a result of kaliyev size and stature he is automatically capable of more and is tougher and is generally more competent than others. Its a common fallacy.

This has to be a record as far as justifications or excuses for a player in a single post.

Kaliyev looked like crap because he was out of position and turning the puck over, and not getting to where he needed to be. He wasn't playing with his typical swagger because he was getting readjusted. It had absolutely nothing to do with others passing to him and absolutely no one thinks he is tough. He was a difference maker in the exact same role not long ago. He was coming back from an injury, and that is probably why he was struggling.

We've seen this same pattern with Arty for a while now. He plays great for a while and then falls off. After he sits a few games and refocuses he comes back strong again. It's just part of the growth process for young players. Just because he was playing like dogshit doesn't mean people are down on him or think he sucks, it's just an observation. So when Arty sits for a guy like McEwen, it isn't always "OMG Koala thinks McEwen is better!" It's sitting a few games is what works to get Arty's game back on track.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I get that Kaliyev wasn't looking his greatest, and thus was benched for having a rough few games. That's okay.

But Kaliyev isn't the only one who has played below par at times. It's time to start holding some of the vets accountable and showing them that younger prospects are here and capable of taking their spot. I think that's called accountability.

But apparently it's cool that only the prospects, journeymen, and rookies are held accountable.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Doughty's only shot to hit the net in 22 games and it goes in. Go figure. Then he follows the goal up in the 2nd with 5 min of terrible play. I think he thought he was 19 again trying to make that move. :huh:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I get that Kaliyev wasn't looking his greatest, and thus was benched for having a rough few games. That's okay.

But Kaliyev isn't the only one who has played below par at times. It's time to start holding some of the vets accountable and showing them that younger prospects are here and capable of taking their spot. I think that's called accountability.

But apparently it's cool that only the prospects, journeymen, and rookies are held accountable.

I think it's more difficult for the forwards because not many have really played poorly. Moore has probably been the worst, but he's had a lot to come back from. On defense it's obviously Walker and Edler.

There are a couple of young guys who have gotten some rope though, primarily Durzi and especially Kupari. Rasmus looked terrible a lot of last year and they kept rolling him out.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Reality sets in. Cc to axle PLS

As much as i want in my heart for this team to suceed, this has been my beef with the way our team has been constructed by blake and whoever. It doesnt take a genius to look at consistently successful playoff teams, even in “the new smaller, faster nhl” and see what works in the playoffs. Its the nature of the nhl game.
THIS lack of common sense is the source of my detesting blake and the kings hierarchy.
If an idiot lijke me csn see it-why cant our high school dropout president and multiply times concussed gm see it?
Come on.

We've already done the whole "go up 3-0 in every series" thing.
We've already done the whole "win 3 game 7's on the road" thing.

Up next? Go 16-0 in the playoffs without throwing a single hit.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think it's more difficult for the forwards because not many have really played poorly. Moore has probably been the worst, but he's had a lot to come back from. On defense it's obviously Walker and Edler.

There are a couple of young guys who have gotten some rope though, primarily Durzi and especially Kupari. Rasmus looked terrible a lot of last year and they kept rolling him out.
Did they get rope, though?

Kupari was 31st in average ice time among all Kings skaters last season. Only higher than Turcotte, Grundstrom, Tynan, Lemieux, and Lias Andersson. And that's when he actually played. And which established vet did he consistently play over?

Durzi had a lot of rope last year because of injuries. And he was sat early this year when he made a blunder and the Kings just happened to want to get Clarke 9 games before shelving him. It's not like there's an established vet who is playing worse than Durzi that he is consistently playing over, unless you want to argue Walker? Even then, I'd say it's a stretch to say that they've really gotten rope.

And I get it - vets have gone through the rigors and "earned" their spot. But I think it's fair to say as an aggregate of performances, some players have earned more playing time (namely Spence and Bjornfot, but I also submit Clarke), and management* has not afforded the same accountability/rewards for good play.

*by management, I mean the collection of decision makers who collaborate and discuss where and when players play, be that Blake or McLellan or their immediate subordinates. As I know it's a complex decision for all these players, I want to acknowledge it's not just one person doing this.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Random observation: I was kind of disturbed with Byfield's body language after he scored that ENG.

Anyone else notice?

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Come on.

We've already done the whole "go up 3-0 in every series" thing.
We've already done the whole "win 3 game 7's on the road" thing.

Up next? Go 16-0 in the playoffs without throwing a single hit.
My point is that if you look at the recently successful (tb lightning is a great example- hedman, sergachev, cernak, killorn) or colorado (johnson, rantinen) cup teams, they are big teams with at least some big d men and some big forwards that play a heavy, physical game. Until recently, we’ve seen the rob blake version of the ice capades

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Random observation: I was kind of disturbed with Byfield's body language after he scored that ENG.

Anyone else notice?
Yeah he didn't look very happy. Think he was just frustrated and understood he didn't have the best game, took a bad penalty, and didn't want to celebrate the ENG as if it would wash away his play for the night.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Well yes....they BOTH do....do you really think they don't? Seriously?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
My point is that if you look at the recently successful (tb lightning is a great example- hedman, sergachev, cernak, killorn) or colorado (johnson, rantinen) cup teams, they are big teams with at least some big d men and some big forwards that play a heavy, physical game. Until recently, we’ve seen the rob blake version of the ice capades

LMFAO imagine thinking the reason to be scared of Rantanen is because he hits......holy shit....

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You wont speak to the thesis of my opinion/what ive written so maybe go argue with your mirror or dog or…

There's nothing to speak of.....you are cherry picking 4 players to try and make an idiotic point....

TB OMG they have Sergachev and Hedman......yea, they also have Point (5'11), Kucherov (5'11) Stamkos (6'0) as their top three scorers, but you want to believe they are winning because of Cernak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad