GDT: 2022-23 season game 66 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @6:00pm 3/9/23

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
Gave a fist pump for Spence on the assist....hes my favorite player in the system. As mentioned- doesnt do anything at an elite level but very good at all facets of the game. Apart from size- no real weakness to his game at all. Can only speculate what Kings record would have been with Copley all season and Spence/Bjornfot as 3rd pairing.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
With the rights to Gavri and Korpi, and looking like they both need to be resigned, it change the landscape of what you might do with whom.
It is complicated with RFA's and raises to MA and TM.
Basically I have already wanted Walker gone.
But with the emergence of Spence and JAD and needing money for resigns I am now willing to part with
Grundstrom
Dyrzi
Iafallo
and you may need to unload even more, which will be even tougher decisions.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
And Ill raise your perspective (poker analogy) and point out that Doughty made so many gaffes last night that Spence looked perfect in comparison. Edit: i concede Spence is still learning (your point well taken), but his current level > Durzi, Walker, Edler, and his upside is probably Voynov

Yeah, Doughty was really bad. Once again on the pp, he's become a liability. How do you miss high and wide so many times when there is a clear lane in front? Then the two turnovers that could've end up as shorty's.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
I think we all love spence but he definitely got walked in the playoffs last year. I dont hold that against him.

Really hope he sticks he was amazing last night.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I think we all love spence but he definitely got walked in the playoffs last year. I dont hold that against him.

Really hope he sticks he was amazing last night.
Yes, he looked real good the other night - this team just keeps getting better.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
Yea but Durzi does it multiple times a game every game.

I want Spence playing. He looked fantastic last night and there’s zero reason he shouldn’t be playing over Walker/Edler and to some extent Durzi.
And he has 3 years more experience on Spence.

His IQ is on another level. Comes in after not playing in the NHL for a while and puts up a game like that against the Avalanche? There isn't a hockey person alive that wouldn't notice that.

He's really improved his board play and looks a lot bigger too. He pinned a few guys into the boards and the gain in strength is apparent. He looks like Voynov 2.0 out there.
They should probably sit him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad