GDT: 2022-23 season game 53 LA Kings vs Carolina Hurricanes @4:00pm 1/31/23

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is going to be a challenge for sure. This might be the best team in the league 1-20, the Canes are -215. Pretty similar to what it was vs Tampa and that was on a b2b. Crazy too, because they only had arguably their best goal-scorer for 3 games.

The musical chairs with the 4th line appears to be continuing. The Kings 4th line has been pretty crushed on this trip (in limited icetime) no matter who TM put out there. But they have been able to at least somewhat balance the icetime between the Top 9 with Fiala making the 3rd line dangerous offensively. Still it would be nice to be able to get 10 minutes a game instead of 6 minutes (with goals against) to further lessen the IT load on some of the Kings other forwards.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
And bench Edler the Great? Yeah right.

Expecting the Kings to do their usual: Already be on the flight home heading into a long break before the game even starts and leave a giant shit stain all over the ice.

Hope I'm wrong.

Carolina one of the better teams in the league for sure...they should be rotating Edler and Bjornfot regularly if not leaning on Bjornfot more as season progresses.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Carolina is always tough for the Kings. Was it last year they beat LA with basically their covid squad?
Its like LA is building a team in the same style game of the Canes but they are much further along.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Get to hurry up through my work day to watch my favorite team get smoked.

A win would give LA 1st going into the break, that would be something nobody predicted.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Don’t see this turning out well. Kings have been playing pretty bad hockey and have been getting pretty bad goaltending. Only way the Kings win is if the Canes take the night off which is possible.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Don’t see this turning out well. Kings have been playing pretty bad hockey and have been getting pretty bad goaltending. Only way the Kings win is if the Canes take the night off which is possible.
Do you cut and paste this for every GDT and just swap out the opponents name?

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
This is going to be a challenge for sure. This might be the best team in the league 1-20, the Canes are -215. Pretty similar to what it was vs Tampa and that was on a b2b. Crazy too, because they only had arguably their best goal-scorer for 3 games.

The musical chairs with the 4th line appears to be continuing. The Kings 4th line has been pretty crushed on this trip (in limited icetime) no matter who TM put out there. But they have been able to at least somewhat balance the icetime between the Top 9 with Fiala making the 3rd line dangerous offensively. Still it would be nice to be able to get 10 minutes a game instead of 6 minutes (with goals against) to further lessen the IT load on some of the Kings other forwards.
The fact that the 4th line last game only played 6-8 minutes on the tail end of a back-to-back isn't good. You can't fault Todd for that either as they got creamed all night. Injuries haven't made it easy, but the 4th line has only had a handful of games all season where they weren't a detriment, so I put most the fault on Blake.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I wouldn't say that is the case at all. What is the case , is that you aren't nearly as funny as you think you are and that Sol regularly wipes the floor with you like you were Jim Caviezel in the Last Temptation of Christ
Lmao the visual in this is amazing. Thanks brudda for the laughs always.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The fact that the 4th line last game only played 6-8 minutes on the tail end of a back-to-back isn't good. You can't fault Todd for that either as they got creamed all night. Injuries haven't made it easy, but the 4th line has only had a handful of games all season where they weren't a detriment, so I put most the fault on Blake.

And they were just as bad the game before in Florida. Fagemo and Turcotte are not ready to play in the NHL yet and Lemieux has fallen off significantly this season. The 4th line was so good last year, and this year they are weighing down the team, especially on the road.

There is a clear lack of depth beyond the Top 12 guys, a couple of injuries exposes that. A guy like a Trevor Lewis or similar would go a long way in stabilizing the bottom line and helping with depth. That is the type of move they will probably make at the deadline.

• Love

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I wouldn't say that is the case at all. What is the case , is that you aren't nearly as funny as you think you are and that Sol regularly wipes the floor with you like you were Jim Caviezel in the Last Temptation of Christ

More like this guy

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 3.40.48 PM.png

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
The only floor Sol wipes is the one at Costco once he’s done making all his pizzas. Nice try though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3