GDT: 2022-23 season game 52 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @4:00pm 1/28/23

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
The fact that quick isn't pulled is because TM cares more about vets feelings than actually winning. Same thing with brown last year, going through the motions should have been benched for one of the kids but let him play when he wasn't even trying

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Let me get this straight...we can't play a lot of our elite youth because we have to make the playoffs. But the same team plays a goalie that every fan knows cannot win. A serious team about winning would find some kind LTIR for Quick..gets rashs from his pads (Hossa), too many back problems (Seabrook), whatever (Kane for half the year right before playoffs), whatever (Kucherov until right before the playoffs). Successful teams have been able to finagle this situation. C'mon Kings...do something. When every serious fan knows what's going to happen in a game before it even starts, Kings management still can't figure it out and do what is necessary.
Its coaching decision and I don't blame TMac for trying to get the train back on the track when it comes to Quick. Copley is like 30 and too many games could spell doom. And doom was where we were until we struck Copper mining in Ontario.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Exactly. Not sure why there is any debate there. Ive been eyeing Raanta - 2M rental
Just seems like a futile effort to try and fix the goaltending problem when our D core is also a mess, we may end up giving up a lot of assets for bandaids that will be ripped off after the season when we get bounced in the first or second round

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
I find it cute when posters try to be convincing that Copley isn't the MVP of this team right now. God what a sh#t show it would of been on this board with Quick and Cal still between the pipes. At least we would of been closer to Bedard.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The fact that quick isn't pulled is because TM cares more about vets feelings than actually winning. Same thing with brown last year, going through the motions should have been benched for one of the kids but let him play when he wasn't even trying
Could also say why Edler is playing over Bjornfot. Absolute joke.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Just seems like a futile effort to try and fix the goaltending problem when our D core is also a mess, we may end up giving up a lot of assets for bandaids that will be ripped off after the season when we get bounced in the first or second round
Yes the d-corps gets exponentially worse combined w JQ (or Seieverson). Thats why I proposed Raanta a cap friendly small. upgrade - might get away with just a later round pick.. 100% would not give more than that... and sit tight.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
We are at the point now with Quick we know its going to a tough game...only 9 games in 23 games he has had a save over .900 save %.

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
May be one but lets get someone we can extend at the same time.
No cap for that. You'd have to pass an asset back...its bandaid. There's no solid solution for this year thats why im thinking rental... maybe you extend Raanta as your #2 next year if you think he upgrades Copley.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Yes the d-corps gets exponentially worse combined w JQ (or Seieverson). Thats why I proposed Raanta a cap friendly small. upgrade - might get away with just a later round pick.. 100% would not give more than that... and sit tight.
Would be nice to trade walker for him but I doubt they'd do that

Reactions: AbsentMojo

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
Its coaching decision and I don't blame TMac for trying to get the train back on the track when it comes to Quick. Copley is like 30 and too many games could spell doom. And doom was where we were until we struck Copper mining in Ontario.
...excellent organizations are creative, adapt, and do whatever they have to be excellent.
I guess I misunderstand the Kings, who are creative, adapt brilliantly on the fly and think outside the box.

For those who were too young or weren't paying attention, the Hawks were completely f***ed with Hossa's last year coming where he was only owed $1m but was like $5m or something against the cap. Oh my gosh, this guy who played in 90% of the regular season and 100% of playoff games only 3 months before all of a sudden gets rashes from pads and they get out of the situation and sign players they need. I went crazy to all my Hawk fan friends...it was crystal clear what they were doing. But they figured out how to make it work to try and keep winning. With Seabrook too, who had the worst contract in hockey, worse even than Brown's. Bingo big cap hit off the books.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
...excellent organizations are creative, adapt, and do whatever they have to be excellent.
I guess I misunderstand the Kings, who are creative, adapt brilliantly on the fly and think outside the box.

For those who were too young or weren't paying attention, the Hawks were completely f***ed with Hossa's last year coming where he was only owed $1m but was like $5m or something against the cap. Oh my gosh, this guy who played in 90% of the regular season and 100% of playoff games only 3 months before all of a sudden gets rashes from pads and they get out of the situation and sign players they need. I went crazy to all my Hawk fan friends...it was crystal clear what they were doing. But they figured out how to make it work to try and keep winning. With Seabrook too, who had the worst contract in hockey, worse even than Brown's. Bingo big cap hit off the books.
Yes LTIR has been abused esp by TB and Vegas... why not join the party?

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016

Lol what? Hossa was still a great player, they were 100% worse off with him gone. And it wasn't all the sudden, he talks about how he played with horrible symptoms for awhile and it became too much.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
We are trapped from making any moves because of Quicks $5m..creative teams the last 10 years have found ways out of bad contracts that have worn out their usefulness. I am suggesting they need to do the same with 32.
You didn't understand that?
What, you mean some kind of pads disease? Sure.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kucherov cheap shotted / slashing Fiala.. keep an eye on those two.. Fiala doesnt take any shit

The refs have to actually call something . different rules here in FLA. There were at least 3 call they let go, especially that crosscheck on lizotte in front at 2-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad