GDT: 2022-23 season game 3 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 10/15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Good game by Roy, Need him to stabilize the bottom 4. He will need help though. Hopefully with another LD

Reactions: Surf Nutz

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Petersen is on record as are many team officials as saying he prefers to stay in.

EDIT: No idea about this game in particular but in general... Petersen likes to stay in the game regardless of how poorly it may be going.

To be fair, many many many athletes are like that (look how often players are pissed when subbed off in soccer). But it’s the coaches job to go against players wishes to do what’s best for the team in a scenario like this.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Eh, it doesn't sound good. But his struggles seem very mental. If that's what he needs to do to improve his focus, cool. Just do it before you give up a six-spot.

Hope so. It's one thing to want to sound confident but he comes off as almost delusional.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Man, burn the tapes on this one. Not much to take away here haha. Other than Vilardi is a badass and Clarke should never go down. Byfield with a baller game too.

Pulling my right to be miffed with just 6"58 of icetime for Kaliyev and 12 for Byfield.
What, you just want to give them NON-ENFORCER minutes?

Reactions: kinghock

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Man, burn the tapes on this one. Not much to take away here haha. Other than Vilardi is a badass and Clarke should never go down. Byfield with a baller game too.

Pulling my right to be miffed with just 6"58 of icetime for Kaliyev and 12 for Byfield.

Kings being the second most penalized team in the NHL will hurt minutes. When they can keep out of the box the minutes will even out more.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Eh, it doesn't sound good. But his struggles seem very mental. If that's what he needs to do to improve his focus, cool. Just do it before you give up a six-spot.
This is it. It’s in his head because he was far better when he first hit NHL ice. What he said there is actually good because it’s a sign that he knows he’s got to shake it out of his head. He managed to refocus and shut up shop - which is at the very least how he has to see it.

As much fun as the game was, a goalie struggling with confidence needs better defense in front of him. Hopefully he can focus on those last few saves and the W column, then build from there.

The Byfield line was the strongest. Byfield needs PP time. Vilardi was awesome and Iaffalo is showing how hurt he was at the end of last season.

Fun watch.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Normally I am with you, but Arty has looked a bit lost the first few games, he's definitely gripping out there. He's shooting immediately regardless of where he is on the ice and not trying to make things happen. I could see Kaliyev's ES time reduced a bit until he gets back to where he was. I'd still like to see him move up to see what he could do in Moore's spot and give the 4th line a new look. Byfield could use a couple more minutes but so much special teams time tonight.

Given Gabe had more TOI than Moore and Arvidsson, it appears TM will is going with whoever is looking best. I think he's caught on to how much better Kopitar plays with easier minutes, too. TM was getting Danault out there against the Wild's first line when he could, and while Kopitar was over 20 minutes 6:37 was PP time and only 1:02 (!) was short-handed

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This is it. It’s in his head because he was far better when he first hit NHL ice. What he said there is actually good because it’s a sign that he knows he’s got to shake it out of his head. He managed to refocus and shut up shop - which is at the very least how he has to see it.

As much fun as the game was, a goalie struggling with confidence needs better defense in front of him. Hopefully he can focus on those last few saves and the W column, then build from there.

The Byfield line was the strongest. Byfield needs PP time. Vilardi was awesome and Iaffalo is showing how hurt he was at the end of last season.

Fun watch.
I honestly have no idea how a guy with Byfield's size and hands is kept off both powerplay units.

Especially if their strategy is to overload the net down low.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Quick is still in good shape, but I would have Copley backing up instead of Petersen. The one problem with that is Copley I think could be lost to waivers if the Kings were to send him down again.

It'll happen if Quick or Petersen get hurt. Other than that, you don't have to worry about Copley being lost on waivers.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I honestly have no idea how a guy with Byfield's size and hands is kept off both powerplay units.

Especially if their strategy is to overload the net down low.
I agree. A few pp points could also trigger a big step got him as his confidence would surge. Once he’s playing with a bit of arrogance… look out!

Reactions: King'sPawn

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
A win is a win is a win is a win, but god that was as ugly as you can do it.....

Peterson has to get out of his own head, he's clearly playing with no confidence....

Vilardi looked good, Clarkes started out better than the last game, was ok considering, 2nd ever game etc...

There was definitely fire in that game, when the figure out how to play defense again will be much better.

Reactions: Statto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad