GDT: 2022-23 season game 3 LA Kings vs Minnesota Wild @5:00pm 10/15/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah it was pretty much a pick up game, neither coach will be "happy" even if the result is 2 points.

Obviously better to have those in our pocket than not come season's end, every game counts, but there was little improvement game-to-game in sloppiness. The offense executing is nice, but that's about it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Man, burn the tapes on this one. Not much to take away here haha. Other than Vilardi is a badass and Clarke should never go down. Byfield with a baller game too.

Pulling my right to be miffed with just 6"58 of icetime for Kaliyev and 12 for Byfield.

With all those penalties, it not uncommon to play so little. The entire game was one long special team drill. 12 pp total, plus a bunch of 4 on 4 . When he was out there he still did pretty well. had a couple of great chances. His time will come.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
With all those penalties, it not uncommon to play so little. The entire game was one long special team drill. 12 pp total, plus a bunch of 4 on 4 . When he was out there he still did pretty well. had a couple of great chances. His time will come.

I agree, but like I said earlier, it's not like it as all PK; they had enough PP time to give the top forwardds nearly 7 min so it would have been nice if they could have found more than 20 measly seconds for their #2 OA pick. The only forwards with less were Moore (0) and Lizotte and Lemieux (13 seconds each).

Though I agree that for the first time in a while, it seems like the org agrees his time is coming.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Nasty indeed. I haven't seen a punch that hard since Cassius Clay knocked out Sonny Liston.

Reactions: tny760

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Nasty indeed. I haven't seen a punch that hard since Cassius Clay knocked out Sonny Liston.
Yeah talk about rope-a-dope. That was ridiculous embellishment. Similar to the crap that I think Steve Bernier tried to pull with Jaret Stoll in 2012. The ref didn't call that nonsense either.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah talk about rope-a-dope. That was ridiculous embellishment. Similar to the crap that I think Steve Bernier tried to pull with Jaret Stoll in 2012. The ref didn't call that nonsense either.

Unfortunately Hartman did it noticeably three times and they did get a penalty on his embellishment late

dunno how he always escapes fines/penalties

early this year has been a shitshow of dives, let's not forget the other night when Larsson left the ice and came right back

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
So, since TM took over, the Kings are 13th overall in GAA, including #10 last year. Yeah, bad start defensively and all but I expect things to get much better soon.

Reactions: Schrute farms

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not too concerned about the D or the second line yet. I think they'll come around. Seems like early season sloppiness.

But it does get on my nerves that the Kings can't get a point in two divisional home games. Then as soon as they go on the road, outside of the division, of course they get the win.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I'm not too concerned about the D or the second line yet. I think they'll come around. Seems like early season sloppiness.

But it does get on my nerves that the Kings can't get a point in two divisional home games. Then as soon as they go on the road, outside of the division, of course they get the win.

That's a deep lying problem. The Kings had a mediocre home record and more losses than wins against divisional foes last season. It was the domination of the East that secured that playoff spot.

Reactions: The Butcher

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

Trevor Moore, Phillip Danault, and Victor Arvidsson have combined for 11 games played, 0 goals, 1 assist, and a collective -7. I mean, I understand a long leash, but that's pretty ugly.

Maybe it's time to give Arthur Kaliyev a chance on that line.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If they put Kaliyev on the 2nd line then Kopitar will end up playing 42 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad