2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'm not mad about NOT getting JG. I didn't want JG. I'm mad at the total incompetence of this front office, not being able to manage a roster, not having ANY sort of plan, and legitimately thinking this team is in a place to contend because they traded for a one dimensional racist who no one wanted on their team, brought back a 6th defenseman who didn't help them last year, and a fringe 4th liner. It's absolutely mind boggling.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Things could have been a lot better if Petry hadn’t nixed the deal which sounded like him for JVR plus a 2nd. Then they would have been able to trade Risto and go into the summer with an extra $6m in cap space.

Now Montreal can’t move Petry.

• Haha
Reactions: OrangeAndBlackMetal

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What we seem to have are a slew of posters who for months were in full-blown defeatist tank mode now going ballistic that the Flyers didn’t sign Gaudreau for 7 years $ 10M per.

If anyone should be pissed about it, it’s me. Because I “contrarianly” was against tanking & wanted some entertainment value, even if Gaudreau might turn into a bad contract.

And I am annoyed they didn’t get him.

But you’d think 90% of the tankers would be thrilled. For some strange reason, no, now they suddenly wanted him.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
What we seem to have are a slew of posters who for months were in full-blown defeatist tank mode now going ballistic that the Flyers didn’t sign Gaudreau for 7 years $ 10M per.

If anyone should be pissed about it, it’s me. Because I “contrarianly” was against tanking & wanted some entertainment value, even if Gaudreau might turn into a bad contract.

But you’d think 90% of the tankers would be thrilled. For some strange reason, no, now they suddenly wanted him.
All anybody wants is competence and a cohesive plan.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The lineup right now:

Farabee - Couts - TK
JVR - Hayes - Atkinson
Cates - Frost - Tippett
Deslauries - Laughton - Allison/MacEwen
Brown, Laczynski [if JVR is moved, Laughton becomes 2LW and one of these two 4C]

Phantoms: Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Lycksell, [Brink], Brown, Marody, [Ratcliffe], Hodgson, Willman, Sandin, O'Reilly, J Cates

Provorov - TDA
Sanheim - Risto
York - Braun
Attard, Seeler

Phantoms: Zamula, Hogberg, Connauton, Ginning, Wylie, Millman, Belpedio, Zech

Hart, Sandstrom [Fedotov]

Phantoms: Ersson, Grosenick

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

For me, it's the lack of plan or tact. If you're going to tank, tank. if you're going to "aggressively retool", then f***ing do that. Don't bring back Justin Braun, trade for TDA and say you're in a good place. You're not. You're just solidifying yourself as a middling franchise, going nowhere. If they want to spend the next 10 years picking 13th-18th and not moving the needle whatsoever, then they're doing a fantastic job of that.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Everyone with a brain would prefer JG to RR + TD.
giphy.gif

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014

No matter how many times you say it, it doesn't make it true

Reactions: freakydallas13

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
I don’t see a Belpedio thread, or chatter, another marquee Cuck signing yesterday. Forgive me if this has been covered.

Maybe the funniest/saddest Chuck move of all, the guy Chuck drafted for the Wild at pick 80, after trading pick 79 to TBL so they could pick Point.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad