2022/23 Roster Thread I: I Don't Know How Much Time I Have Left So I'm Going To Get Real Weird With It

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not a moment too soon, sometimes amnesia is the best way to deal with trauma.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Even if we get a coach we like, there are still so many bad pieces still around or may have the possibility of being re-signed just due to who is in charge of that.

Hell, I don't even trust that we will draft properly due to Chuck saying we need to be bigger and tougher up front.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We are in a hellish position where a good coach just harms draft position without any real upside because management is too terrible to improve the team without a lot of really easy picks. Like, a LOT of very easy-no brainer picks that can contribute fast.
The chances of this stupid asshole hiring a good coach is basically zero, so I wouldn't worry about that.

He didn't even want to fire AV and Therrien. He's also the one who hired those idiots to start with, same with Yeo.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Bill is totally wrong, you don't judge a draft by the ranking at the time of the draft, but how players look after their D+2 season or in college or the SHL - because that's before the organization has much influence on their development.

What player excelled by that standard then failed to develop? Maybe Frost, but he also lost a year to a shoulder injury.
Who else? Ratcliffe? But he was a project from the get go and did improve this season.
That's about it. All the players who 'failed to develop' were meh before they got to the Flyers.

I'd say it's more about development not turning sow ears into purses, than failing to develop real talents.
Willman and Hogberg showed more than most of Hextall 'middle six' prospects, and they were ECHL projects.
But other than Cousins (3rd rd), the organization has failed to develop marginal prospects into players in the AHL, unless you want to count VdV and Manning! NAK is no more than a 12 forward, Friedman a 7th D-man, the rest are out of the NHL.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
That's about as obvious shot at O'Brien as I think we'll ever see out of someone employed by the organization
From what I saw of JOB this season, there is something there with him. Best player on a good team. His problem was starting off at the wrong school. Then the transfer to BU was suspended for a season because of NCAA rules so he spent a year at a level that really wasn’t suited for development. I’d try to sign him rather than taking the comp pick.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
From what I saw of JOB this season, there is something there with him. Best player on a good team. His problem was starting off at the wrong school. Then the transfer to BU was suspended for a season because of NCAA rules so he spent a year at a level that really wasn’t suited for development. I’d try to sign him rather than taking the comp pick.
O’Brien was a swing for the fences. Rubtsov was the one that hurt. So many injuries but he looked like a player coming out of Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad