2022-23 Norris Discussion Thread

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
We’re about 10 games into the season and I think it’s time we have a dedicated thread to the 2022/23 Norris Trophy discussion.

It’s early but here are a few names that deserve a mention so far.

Rasmus Dahlin
Miro Heiskanen
Hampus Lindholm
Erik Karlsson
Adam Fox
Victor Hedman

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Way too early.

Where is Sergachev on this list? He is currently out scoring Hedman and 5th among dmen.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ah yes - the Norris trophy, also now Known as the “Bobby Orr Trophy” for highest scoring defender.
Well that is pretty much what your list is, guys that are off to strong offensive starts to the season. I don't see Makar on your list even though he should be also but his 8 points in 9 games puts him lower on the list.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Well that is pretty much what your list is, guys that are off to strong offensive starts to the season. I don't see Makar on your list even though he should be also but his 8 points in 9 games puts him lower on the list.
It’s guys that have had strong two way games to start the season, and also a couple guys that are there because of their past with the trophy - My favourite has to be Rasmus Dahlin - I said it during the summer, this kid was a top 10 defender after the new year - not a lot of people were able to watch Dahlin after Buffalo was essentially out of the playoffs and just shoo’d him away because of it. Glad that his stat sheet now allows individuals like yourself to realize how good he’s been this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad