2022-23 NFL, NBA and other sports TV ratings

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Reaser

May 19, 2021

They had some relatively big numbers to close out the regular season. It'll be interesting to see what their playoff numbers are.

For their regular season 9 ABC games, they averaged 622k. Of course below the 854k NHL averaged for their 10 regular season ABC games but clear of the 486k MLS average for their 9 ABC games so far this season.

Reactions: Kirk Van Houten

Reaser

May 19, 2021

520K of that number came from the two local markets OTA affiliate airing.

A bit disingenuous to claim over a million watched "on amazon prime."

As far as I know that's never been the standard to include the local OTA affiliate broadcasts for a national game on another network. Such as ESPN MNF airing on local OTA affiliate, the latter (e.g. say your local FOX station showing MNF) hasn't been counted as a "watched on ESPN" number. Weird to do it for Amazon Prime.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Maybe… but I wouldn’t go to sleep on Amazon. It was a quality stream and it wasn’t a big market game (specifically when you consider the Chargers as “a team that happens to be in LA” rather than “a Los Angeles team”).
There was a curiosity factor. Now it is the NFL, I don’t think the ratings are going to fall of the map. Could it end up settling in the 10-11 million range from here on out.

(Which is still probably above expectations going into the year).

Reactions: Kirk Van Houten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad