NBA 2022-23 NBA Regular Season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Mavs ultimately lose it. I love that the Mavericks decided keeping a top 10 protected pick is more important than taking a decent run (Thunder could have easily lost to Memphis on Sunday) at making the play-in when they have a superstar in his prime already.

It just shows how stupid the play-in is in my view. Just get back to the top 8 teams making it.

Thunder clinch a spot in the play-in.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Just here trying to figure out how the NHL started their regular season a week before the NBA regular season did, yet the NBA ends 5 days before the NHL’s last scheduled regular season game.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Just here trying to figure out how the NHL started their regular season a week before the NBA regular season did, yet the NBA ends 5 days before the NHL’s last scheduled regular season game.
Arena scheduling. Many NBA teams are located in markets that don't really have to share. That means more games on a given night.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The NBA season is always a few days shorter. They cram 82 games into fewer days than the NHL.

Take 2018-19:

NBA started season on October 16th and ended on April 10th.
NHL started season on October 3rd and ended on April 6th.

Sep 19, 2008
So here's my question, that I've asked multiple times, with no answer.

How do you make the Wizards good again?

The NBA has kept teams like the Wiz, Charlotte, Orlando, heck even Dallas, down for decades. Sacramento is just now breaking out of purgatory and the best they can get is just a 2nd round apperance.

I've never liked the NBA post 2007 because of what they did. The rigged game got more rigged and corrupt.

Now you see even as a mid market (let's not call it small, but mid) that this team STILL cannot get any consistency in winning, even after firing Ernie and bringing in a completely new staff. Do not tell me about Ted. Do not. This went on before he did.

We all play 2k I guess. You can make trades, make deals, make teams win. But it's 2k. You can't do that IRL. You can't make the game easier or alter 3 pt sliders. The game is the game. And right now the Wizards are losing out in the long run. How do you make this team a championship contender? Is it even possible?

I mean I will still be a fan. I will always support DC teams. But the Wizards have got to be the least favored of the big 4, no? Especially with the constant losing and mediocrity. No matter what they do, their ceiling is a 2nd round appearance. That's why the NBA sucks.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Mavs ultimately lose it. I love that the Mavericks decided keeping a top 10 protected pick is more important than taking a decent run (Thunder could have easily lost to Memphis on Sunday) at making the play-in when they have a superstar in his prime already.
The NBA is now investigating the Mavericks and what happened last night.

from cbssports.com:

The NBA is investigating the facts and circumstances surrounding the Dallas Mavericks' roster decisions and game conduct after their loss to the Chicago Bulls, according to league spokesman Mike Bass. The Mavericks entered Friday without technically having been eliminated from playoff contention. However, they ultimately decided to rest Kyrie Irving and four key role players (Josh Green, Tim Hardaway Jr., Maxi Kleber and Christian Wood), while star point guard Luka Doncic played only the first quarter. The Mavericks lost 115-112 and were eliminated from postseason contention.

The Mavericks had a major incentive to lose on Friday. While their playoff hopes were still technically alive, the odds were against them. However, they owe their top-10 protected first-round pick to the New York Knicks. If they'd finished the season tied with the Oklahoma City Thunder or Chicago Bulls in the standings, they would've run the risk of losing their pick without having made the postseason in the process.

What exactly the NBA is investigating here is not fully clear. The Mavericks players on the floor nearly won the game despite the absence of their more famous teammates, and teams frequently sit their best players late in the season for the sake of draft position. Many teams build rosters designed to lose for the sake of a draft pick. While the unique circumstances surrounding the Mavericks were unique, tanking as a whole is not.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Good thing 'Sota gave up future 1st round picks for Gobert lol
Yeah - but it was only a 1st round pick in 2023.....and 2025.....and 2027......and 2029 plus the Jazz have the option to swap 1st round picks in 2026. And don't forget that Utah picked up a few players in the deal - Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt ( both traded to the Lakers for a 2027 1st round pick plus Russell Westbrook ), Patrick Beverly ( traded to the Lakers for Taylen-Horton Tucker and Stanley Johnson ), Walker Kessler ( still on roster ) and Leandro Bolmaro ( later waived by Utah ). You're going to see a lot of Danny Ainge at the podium for the next few NBA Drafts. :nod:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Magic finish with the 4th best lottery odds behind the bottom 3 teams, Charlotte and Portland. I'll take it and make a prayer. One more time sweet Lord. The Magic FINALLY got some damn luck after almost 20 years and land the ROY. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna do a silly rain dance or some shit for Wemby

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only Gobert could somehow look even worse after punching his teammate during a game with the report that he was also complaining about his back injury to Anderson prior to punching him.

One of the worst trades in recent memory just keeps getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino